Things Wrong With society

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dannyszu, Jul 1, 2014.

1. The real reason why shit is fucked up is cuz we dont see each other as other humans.. we are to focused on race, religion, and country you come from to focus on the true face that we are all human and if we want to better ourselfs we need to start seeing us as a group.. unity!!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Also the fact that we cant break the mental chains of currency also hinders our society.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Oh ya, not exploring hemp as a viable solution to a range of products.

4. People not realizing their own authority and instead granting or recognizing others as authorities over themselves.

Not questioning things

Being close minded

Giving in to ego (in all of it's manifestations)

What can we do to change?

Establishing our authority as individuals

Estabishing an ethical code or virtues and actually striving to adhere to them (being the change you want to see in others)

Forgiving ourselves and forgiving others

Establish a common goal for humanity

5. Okay i've been waiting for this finally somewhere i can talk about my thoughts about cannabis mostly but i guess also why everything else is fucked up. I'm gonna get real deep with you guys.

LIFE. We are all in it right now. There is something inside us that is there reading everything on this screen right now as i type it, but talking to you with your inner voice which i would think is your soul. Everyone needs to really think about that. We are some of the few things that are alive right now for millions and millions of miles. We are in the "Goldilocks Zone" when it comes to our situation/position in the solar system and galaxy. Yes i do believe that there are other beings out there. it would be foolish not to. We are lucky to be here and nobody realizes it.

Everyone needs to chill tf out. Society is becoming Rush Hour in downtown chicago all the time. Mom and Dad working 40 hour work weeks a piece get off work at 5 every evening to go pick up their kids from whatever sport they are perusing with so much time and effort that they get so burnt out on it that it isn't even fun anymore. We have grown accustomed to these things because they are learned behaviors that turn into a nasty habit. We all think we need to have a certain image to everyone else.Social media has been a major contributor to that.

Social media in my opinion is more bad then good. Too much time wasted looking at what other people are doing with their lives or what videos they are posting and what not. Don't get me wrong i love the internet, but social media is one part of it that i dont.

Scientists have said that once the population grows too 10 billion that resources will run out and the people will die from starvation and thirst before anything else.The population is supposedly going to be there around 2075-2100

Lastly,
    Good ol Cannabis

-up until the 1920's hemp was the number one ag crop in the world.
    -it can be grown anywhere in the world.

-once it becomes legal more people use it for medication. less deaths from prescription drugs.
    - use it for paper to help with deforestation.
    -Bio Fuel
    - no more crime and killing over a damn plant.
    - big U.S. economy boost ( look at colorado)
    - It has killed not a single person.
    -one plant can last you forever if you do it right and clone.
    Overall better place for us to be in.

and of course there is more but that will be for another time. [​IMG]

6. The Times asked

"What's Wrong with the World Today?"

To which one replied

"Dear Sir, I am

Yours, G.K. Chesterton"

7. People need to act like themselves and quit pretending to be like the latest trend. Start are your own . the problem is people dont want to think and its alot easier to mimic someone then to be creative ...

Sent from my LGMS631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. The world needs to open its eyes to these problems. But they can't cause they're always busy with work, school, paying bills. Society today isn't natural. People need to open their eyes to the problem. The problem today is that the government and big corporations are looking after each other and dumbing down the populations. What happened to power to the people? Not power to the government and corporations. People need to get together and not work for the government and corporations, but work for each other and helping each other out. We need more kind hearted people, but also we need people to fight for what's right. I think a revolution is necessary.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. A revolution is risky though. Even if we had a peaceful revolution, they would just hire agent provocateurs, probably bring in UN or Chinese military forces.

10. All we got to do is stop paying taxes and starve the government from money. Cause they only see the people as money assets.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's exactly how we do it

12. The Internet has become a fuel for society's ills. People can bullshit without consequences whenever they desire, and IMO it makes the world worse at its core. Same goes for politics.

IDK, some days I just want to move to the sticks and live in a nice, comfortable life without all the distraction. I would go to every music festival every year, because that's where the most peaceful vibes exist anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yea I want to live in a hole in a hill and get away from it all, but that is a selfish life. I figured my life would be better spent trying to improve things and raise awareness. Most people seem to be rightly cynical of the establishment but don't know where or how to channel their frustration.

14. I wouldn't consider it selfish. People are literally living off the land. Simultaneously, they are avoiding the plagues of everyday society. If that's your style it's a win-win situation.

15. #35 Delphinidins, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
    We need to find balance between spirit and physical.

In Ancient texts the reason why the people of Atlantis almost destroyed the world because like us they were too focused on Technology and Materialistic things that they forgot and lost all wisdom of Spirit and Balance.

If Buddhist Monks or Similar Peaceful Beings ran the world it would be completely different but the people that run the world are closed-minded, egoistical, greedy individuals that happen to own all the banks, systems and material wealth of the world.

Wealth should be measured by heart not but what one owns.

16. Good post.

Not sure about Atlantis almost destroying the world though?

17. Yyyyup. We all kinda sense that this life is special, 1 on 1 talking to most people you get the sense that they value life above all (perhaps in the presence of someone as myself they may just be saying that? Lol). We are in an extremely balanced place in the universe, and it calls on us to be balanced within ourselves and as a unit.

So many bad habits due to our way of life it's astounding. Social media, while great on paper, only exacerbates the problem. This is mainly due to how we've been living this whole time and then proceed to just flaunt it more and more giving avenues to the drudgery of modern life.

Dunno much about Atlantis, however yes. If we advance so far technologically without growing equally spiritually, we are destined for failure. The leaders of the world are to be the most simple, straight-forward, spiritually advanced (don't ask me how... it's an intuitive thing), and know that they cannot ever really be leaders of the world, but only help to allow others to this realization.

There's so much missing from this world it's scary. Yet everything appears to be there, and abundant.

Likewise. A lil commune with some friends doing the same by a mountain. Farm a wee, help others in the summer, ski the gnarly in the winter, who's not down?

18. Society today is filled with a bunch of cry baby entitled brats. Everyone is to sensitive these days and people just need to grow up.
    I don't mind if a person is on welfare as long as they need it and are not abusing the program. I knew a couple of people in the past that kept having children just to keep getting that check on the first.
    I also believe that if a person is on some form of financial aid that they should be offered a chance to enroll in some kind of tech/trade school that would enable them to earn a living. The school should be repaid after a person finishes it and is in the work force after a year or two.
    I believe in survival of the fittest but also think that people should be offered the tools to be able to earn a decent living. But hell who am I to complain I worked hard and was able to retire at the age of 38. I don't have a huge fancy house but it is my wife's and mine and it is paid off.
    People need to grow up and become personally responsible and quit depending on others to provide for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Cry baby entitled brats lol...I like that. It goes to show how important upbringing is, a good old whip of the belt ain't so bad.

We've grown up with parents who just "want to give my kids what I never had as a kid" great, don't forget to teach em morals and the like.

Props to you sir, making enough to live comfortably. I too thought of working hard early and reaping my rewards as I go along and put myself in an early retirement position. Then I realized the whole thing is a sham...sucks, I coulda really been something, somewhere, working hard, pleasing my elders, spending my time smiling at a manager who I despise. This worklife allows for no play, 2-3 weeks vacation in a year? What the fuck? I love working, you need it to feel good, accomplished, energized. Why not bend the rules a little bit and have a longer lunch on a Wednesday. Now I'm sounding like an entitled lil brat :p

20. I ran my own trucking company that I sold four years ago. I had nice trucks and good drivers. I was able to work when I wanted and vacation when I wanted.
    My drivers would go out for three to four weeks and be back home for a week or two off depending how there miles were when they worked but they got a minimum of a week off. Most of the guys who drove for me only took like a weekend off. They all got two weeks of paid each year after being with me for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk