Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is It Ever A Good Idea To Make Edibles From Hash Oil

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by viva420, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Is it at all necessary to heat the hash oil in coconut oil or butter? Or could you get medicated from just eating the hash oil by itself?

2. Mixing it with oil or butter will probably help your body absorb more of it

3. Would it have more of an effect than simply eating the hash oil? Because I thought that since you have already extracted all of the thc content from the herb and now have your hash oil concentrated extract, that there would be no more need to extract it further using coconut oil or butter and can be consumed orally. Could you elaborate on how it helps the body absorb more of it?

4. Sorry for the late response but for thc to get into your bloodstream it needs to attach to fat molecules which your body can absorb. Your body cannot absorb much thc if you were to just eat it by itself. If I were you I would take your oil and divide it into portions and just mix each portion with about a teaspoon of oil or butter before you eat it or cook with it.

5. The reason for the coconut oil is so the thc can absorb Into the fat so your body can actually process it. And you need to throw the oil in the oven because the thc needs to be decarbed to make it edible

Trim Nazi

6. I think BHO is decarbed already is it not?

no.

8. Gotcha. SO me question then becomes why eat it? wouldnt it be better to dab it?

9. #9 viva420, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
    Thanks for the response but why divide into portions? So that the thc spreads evenly and isn't wasted?

10. What exactly does decarbed mean when it comes to hash oil?

thca has to have a carbon atom removed from the molecular structure to be thc...it is not just about hash oil, it is about the thca in all cannabis and its refined composites.

portion/dosage control.

dabbing is good...edibles work different, and the oil just eases the edible making process (no straining of the plant matter, much cleaner process of cooking (if cooking can be clean at all...)

bubble hash works too

14. Thanks for information. I'll be sure to heat it at a low enough temperature in a decent amount of coconut oil so that it spreads evenly.