Guitarist Talk

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by ganjawrestler13, Jun 26, 2014.

1. i build a lot of effects so my board was actually all built by me except for one pedal. I run tc electronic alter ego, a solosound mkII tonebender, ts9/808 hybrid, orange squeezer compressor, proco rat, SI 60s fuzz face, and a wah thats tweaked to be pretty much a hendrix/page hybrid. All these pedals are true bypass, aka when off they are out of the signal chain

2. #22 FrenchToast, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    I play guitar and bass, got a 5 string peavey bass, but it's kind of crap, so i'm looking to get a jazz bass (for the funky stuff :D )
    I got a Squier Jazzmaster J Mascis sig guitar a couple months ago, so nice, can't believe the quality of squiers nowadays. Way better to play than my Fender tele american special ! I love it, to play all sorts of genres, jazz to punk, going through alternative stuff and beyond 

Oh and i love effect pedals, so fun, even though i've been playing without any for a while now, but you can't go wrong with a nice delay and fuzz :p

3. Man I'm glad you guys incorporated bass into this! A lot of my friends that I jam with play bass and I've really thought about getting into it but I feel like id be doing the 6 string gods a dishonor haha

"Every living thing on Earth dies alone"

4. Guys deff check out FU-Tone. It's all stuff to get just the right sound

5. There is no shame in playing bass too haha. I started on bass when I was 4 and moved up to guitar nearly a decade later when I was 13. It takes a lot of talent to play a bass properly in my opinion. There may be less strings to deal with but that is compensated by the extreme difference in neck length, string gauge, and of course the distance between frets. Not to mention that with the bass there is a lot more technical stuff you can do with your picking hand like slaps and 4 finger rolls and that kind of stuff.

Primus is still one of the greatest examples of what can be done with a bass.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkS11FsA2cs

6. i just bought a stratocaster!

7. For my next axe I'm looking at the Jim Hall Sadowsky and D'Aquisto models... or maybe just a local luthier's archtop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Anyone use LP? I have burstbuckers in my old epi LP, I want something new, a little more tame. Anyone have recommendations? 

9. #30 mappynappy, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    Y'all sure do love your electrics, I got one electric an agile golden double pickup, almost got snow hey oh down on that. But I mainly play fingerstyle on my acoustic zager, love playing chili peppers, mgmt especially electric feel, and been playing yesterday by the beatles alot

10. I love the lead guitar solo in Dogs by Pink Floyd. Gilmour is a master!

11. Alex Lifeson of Rush is another master of the guitar.

Attached Files:

12. any recommendations for a nice warm overdrive pedal?

13. i can play the pentatonic minor scale all day long and it would sound so wonderful.  i love the blues.

14. Acoustic broken. Sucks.

15. Just learned nutshell by aic, and my friends by rhcp. Two pretty depressing songs haha.

16. @[member="arblahblah"] I've enjoyed Fulltone ocd or mosfet, and Pi Bigg Muff is classy too. I heard from local shop that Blackstar is/has released a set of OD/Distortion pedals that use tubes, with 2 ch maybe? Or the Pro-Co Rat is good

17. What is your guys' favorite non-standard tuning? 

18. @Lenny.open E, open D, or drop C 

19. #40 0ri0n, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    I pawned my Dean and my bass.
    This 3/4 Takamine will never leave my side though. My baby.
    Just mastered singing and playing Island of the Misfit Boy today  :smoke:

@[member="Lenny."] Haven't played much on it yet but so far DADGAD is fun as hell.