First Grow Sour Diesel 600W Dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Splewge King, Jun 24, 2014.

1. #1 Splewge King, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    Hello, first time attempting to grow  :metal:  I've done a bit researching and with the recent purchases I've made the grow setup should be fully functioning by next week I hope. I know this is going to be a long post so bare with me here. 

SEEDS:
    I had a order from Attitude around 5 seeds total and half were promotions (2 orders were seized and on my 3rd, 7 were crushed and only Sour Diesel,Super Silver Haze and Chemdawg survived & they are working on a re-ship for me) :eek:

Reserva Privada Sour Diesel
    Green House Seeds Super Silver Haze
    Dutch Passion Seeds Durban Poison
    Humboldt Seed Organization Chemdawg
    Green House Seeds Super Lemon Haze

FREEBIES:
    DinaFem Seeds Critical +2.0
    T H Seeds AUTO Original BubbleGum
    BlimBurn Seeds Cr +
    Delicious Seeds Fruity Chronic Juice
    G13 Labs Pineapple Express 

LIGHTS:
    Apollo Horticulture 600 Watt MH HPS Grow Light System Set Kit
    1 - 600w Digital Ballast 600 Watt Dimmable Electronic Fan Cooling Ballast

1 - Reflector Hood 24" Air Cool Reflector
    1 - 600w MH&HPS bulb (I ordered extra bulbs on amazon just in case if they are broken or die during grow)

NUTES 
    General Hydroponics FloraBloom 1 Quart (32 Ounces) 
    General Hydroponics FloraMicro 1 Quart (32 Ounces)

FANS 
    Soler & Palau TD-100 In-line Exhaust Fan 

TENT
    <div>Lighthouse Hydro Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent 48x48x84

FILTER
    Can 33 Activated Carbon Filter

RES
    (DWC) Hydroponic Kit - PowerGrow Systems 6" / 5 Gallon

​
    MISC
    Etekcity® Waterproof Digital PH Acidimeter Meter Tester 0 to 14.00 pH & Temperature Meter 
    10 GalTetra Whisper Air Pump (back up)
    AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor
    HM Digital TDS-EZ Water Quality TDS Tester, 0-9990 ppm Measurement Range

​

</div> 

Attached Files:

2. I also plan on getting H202 for my plants and to help clean to roots off every week so I can avoid any bacteria or potentially root rot. I also plan on getting better air stones. Maybe going to drop a few bucks and get a micro pore air stone to help get some more bubbles and more oxygen flow to the ladies. If you see anything else be sure to comment don't be shy! I'm always in need of advice since I'm a newbie.  :smoke:

3. Looking good so far. One thing I did not see listed was a fan for circulating air inside the tent?

4. Just going to use a fan I already had, don't know the specs on it but it's a isolating fan and it's pretty big and I may pick up another at Walmart for $15  :smoke:

5. #5 Splewge King, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    I'm germinating some 3 cracked seeds from my Attitude order that weren't badly damaged, they weren't smashed but had a tiny crack so I've had them sitting in water for 2 days and no tap root but a tiny one it looks like. I have them in a moist paper towel and applying little hit to them in a shoe box. I figured maybe they could pull it through besides trashing em. The seeds germinating seeds are Pineapple Express, Durban Poison and Fruity Chronic Juice. If these make it through I may just use these before doing my Sour Diesel. I also had my tent come in two days ago and finally set it up this morning. Easy simple instructions, no problems but damn it sure does give you a good sweat if you're doing it alone. All in all happy with my tent purchase as of now.  :yay:

Attached Files:

6. Ur gunna wanna get a better air pump prolly.
    I kept making the same mistake buying crappy air pumps. Just went and Got a 40$ one and wow.
    It Dosent even compare to 4 other pet store ones I had combined.(paid 120 for the cheap pet store ones all together.)
    It's really worth the money.

Also ur gunna want to make sure ur water temps are not getting above 70-72 degrees. And not below 60.
    65-68 is perfect.

Check out my journal here.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1310685-

Goodluxk n chief up !!

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

7. Guess what came in today? My carbon filter and my light kit  :yay:

Attached Files:

8. Yay get to work lol !

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

9. #9 Splewge King, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
    Here she is. I was just making sure she worked and everything is perfect as of now. All settings work and it does take about 2-3 minutes to turn on and I thought it died on me for a second and my heart dropped to my balls  :laughing: I need to get some new light clamps because the ones in the apollo light kit are too small to clip onto my tents light support beams. Anyone know of some good light hanger clips? Also not sure what I should do with the cords to get them out of the way. Anyone have any recommendations? 

Attached Files:

10. Last night I dropped my Sour Diesel seed in a little pixie cup so it's germinating in some water atm. In 24-48 hours I'll put into a damp paper towel till I see a tap root and put it in a rock wool cube and she should be ready to rock  :hippie:

11. Sour Diesel seed now has a tap root and I just transferred it over to a damp paper towel  :smoke:

12. Seedling popped out today for Sour Diesel!  :yay:  :metal:

Attached Files:

13. What's the stuff on the edge of the leafs? 

Attached Files:

14. #15 Splewge King, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  15. My guess is heat stress so I'm going to put the lights a tad bit back to see how it goes 

16. Yo so no roots are coming out of the bottom of the Rockwool yet but there is one coming out of the side of it? Also does that color to you look around 6.0? :confused_2:

Attached Files:

17. Been a while since I posted pics, put in nutrients about a week ago 

Attached Files:

18. Looking good man. What litres per minute is your air pump? I always recommend using 1 litre per minute for every 2 litres of nutrient solution

19. Thanks man appreciate it! Unfortunately the pump I have is a tetra air pump that goes up to 10 gallons and I believe it's 0.5 liter per min if I did the calculation correct (this air pump is suppose to be my back up, my other pump actually died on me and only had it for 2 weeks running). My father has a nice air pump that he is going to give me and I believe it's a 1.3 liter per min one and it's 40 gallons. Thank you for the info brotha  :bongin:

• Agree Agree x 1