I Just Saw 2 Ufos

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Sunn, Jun 22, 2014.

1. So I just saw 2 ufo's, it was the weirdest thing I've ever seen and i've seen some weird things. It happened about half an hour ago and I'm still feeling pretty uneasy over it and i'm kind of questioning conventional knowledge about our world. I was sitting inside and i happened to turn my head and noticed something bright in the sky through the screen in my window. It happened around 9:45 cst, and this is in the suburbs of chicago. It's been stormy earlier in the day and it's now overcast with a pretty low cloud base. I could hear other planes coming from ohare but I couldn't see them through the clouds.

These ufo's were clearly visible below the cloud base but made no sound at all. They were somewhat low in the sky though so they might have been some distance away from me. They didn't really seem to have an apparent size, it was more just like a glowing point of light in the sky. I saw one and then another, until the second one went out of sight behind some trees, which is when I ran outside with my phone in hand to try and get a better angle and maybe record footage, but once I was outside I didn't see anything else in that part of the sky for about half an hour and then I came in here to type this.

they really were like balls of fire or something. I live under a couple of flight paths to and from o'hare airport and I see many planes through my windows on any given night but these did not look anything like them. plane headlights are yellow and they are a consistent brightness and get brighter smoothly as they get closer. these objects were getting brighter and dimmer much faster and multiple times, independent of their motion, and they were much redder in color.

I love astronomy a lot and I've seen plenty of satellites, and also the ISS many times. These things were brighter than any of those, and anything that high up in the air would have been invisible through all the clouds anyway. I would think that any helicopters at that low altitude would have been audible, and I've also never seen helicopters behave like that and not in a pair. It would strike me as somewhat odd weather to be flying helicopters around in as well, and at a strange time. I've never seen a helicopter/plane fade away and dim so fast either. They weren't moving particularly fast, although they appeared to change speeds somewhat and moved in curves rather than a straight line. They also seemed to be moving in a general direction, which changed a few times.

I texted my girlfriend immediately afterwards because I knew she would believe me and because I wanted to get all the details down while they were still fresh in my mind. Here's a transcript of the texts I sent her:

"I just saw 2 ufos, i'm not even fucking around right now. My heart is racing. They were red/orange...and really bright. Shimmery, like fire. They were changing directions. And soundless. I watched one fade away into darkness and the other went out of sight behind the trees.

That was scary as fuck.

I ran outside and I've been sitting here staring at the sky for 5 minutes now. It's totally overcast too...so they couldn't have been that high up in the sky. I've really never seen anything like that at all. Idk what to think right now.

I took my phone out here so I could record video but now there is nothing happening.

No. Trust me (she asked if they might have been airplanes). It looked like a meteor. It was so bright that it caught my eye out my window. I see planes all the time and never pay them any attention but this thing got immediately got my interest. It was almost motionless but it was moving down (south), then it slowed down and reversed directions and started going north. Then it started to fade away like it was on a dimmer switch, until I couldn't see it anymore.

Then I saw another one moving to the right (east or northeast) through the trees. Then it turned and started going north too but it went out of sight below the trees by the creek.

It was getting brighter and dimmer like it was glinting or something (imagine a plane flying into a sunset...except this was at 9:45pm and it's overcast and rainy)

I could have grabbed my phone or camera and tried filming through my window but i was afraid i wouldn't have enough time and it would be gone by the time I was ready. I just wanted to watch it. I was transfixed.

I'm really on edge right now.

I've heard of stories like this. Some people call them fireballs. Some people call them ufos. Some people call it ball lightning. And some people call them ghosts."

What the fuck..

2. First, were you really baked? Sometimes your mind can zone off into other thoughts and you can be tricked- BUT chicago is a hotspot for UFO's so its definitely possible. There was a flying saucer over gate c-17 at ohare airport in 2005 if i recall correctly. If you did see a ufo, congrats! Hopefully it was interplanetary in origin and not some stupid military test or optical illusion. Boy would i like to meet a grey alien one day

3. I'll send you a nug for that story. PM me your address.

Yes, I was/am baked. Not anything crazy though. And i'm quite used to seeing all kinds of planes/helicopters/satellites when baked already. Yeah, the one over ohare was mentioned a few times on the local news that day and then was immediately forgotten by most people as far as I can remember. I think there have been a few sightings at/over/near o'hare in recent years actually.

I really couldn't tell you what the origin might be. I already believe alien life exists, and i do believe ghosts exist and it's already a fact that ball lightning exists. Given the conditions, ball lightning seems the most plausible theory to me but it's certainly not the only possibility in my mind.

5. Ball lightning?

6. UFO = unidentifiable flying object. Does not mean that they are aliens from another planet. Stay calm, there is probably a logical explanation for it. 

7. Sure they weren't flares or anything? I mean I live between 2 of the largest air force bases in the world so I've seen some strange things in the skies and don't doubt anything, and nothing can surprise me, but often times it's just simple flares when people think it's something else.

8. its good to keep an open mind but also to hope for EBE's visiting us. Glad you know about the ohare flying disc incident as well, i was hoping that with all the CCTV's at airports due to post 9/11 paranoia that there would be some kind of photo or video of the disc.

9. I never said they were. I offered several explanations for it.

10. Then you should not freak out.

11. Definitely not flares. Flares would leave a smoke trail visible from the glowing flame, and would also move in one direction following the wind. Not in 3 different directions. There are no air force bases anywhere remotely close to here and there is absolutely no reason why any planes would be dropping flares over a highly populated metro area. And it's also exceedingly rare for there to ever be any military aircraft in this area in the first place.

12. #12 Tourettes420, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    Finally someone who understands ufo does not necessarily mean grey aliens flying interstellar aircraft. There probably is a logical explanation for it, but if not? yay for aliens visiting us.Blaze one up for my dead homies in the roswell crash

13. No ancient aliens guy yet? As long as aliens don't want to attack I don't mind them. But if they choose to take over it won't take long. Our weapons and defenses wouldn't compare

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. You would freak out if you'd seen them too. I've seen things at cemeteries that didn't have this much of an effect at me. I am calm though, I'm just kind of in awe.

15. Check this shit out. 

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Dq5UbmVvo[/media]

16. About 2 years ago I had seen a light in the evening that was fairly large, low and not moving. It sat there for a good 2 minutes, long enough for me to grab my girlfriend and for her to see it too. We were talking and staring at it and it slowly started moving east. Hard for me to explain the speed, but if I had to guess, probably between 60-80mph? Pretty slow for a flying object (no clue on the height)...After about 30-40 seconds of this slow, steady speed of flight, the light vanished. No clouds in the sky. Wasn't even fully dark yet so had it been a plane, I know I would have been able to recognize it. The brightness of the light had kept me from seeing any outline of whatever it was. Ever since, I've felt something we don't know about or something our government doesnt want us to know about (probably both), is out there.

Regardless, I was kind of tripped out, but fascinated as well. That was the only time I've seen anything like it.

17. I've seen multiple red/orange orbs flying/moving in somewhat of a formation on an overcast day. What your talking about seems really similar to what i did. I only saw them for around 30 seconds because I was behind a register at work talking to a customer. I wanted to chase them down and capture something but couldn't. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I'd place bets that the odds are IF there are aliens. And there searching planets.. They're more than likely peaceful.

And america per usual will declare war on the weird race and take all there messengers hostage.

Starting an intergalactic war with creatures that look different than us.

19. I could see that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

We can neither confirm nor deny that there is a logical explanation for it.

Look right into this thing here...*FLASH* :cool: