Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Avoid Being Constantly Tired While High?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SlightlyStonedSD, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Eat a banana 

2. #22 OnlyHappyOnATrump, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    Adults only need around 150 mcg of iodine a day, and here's something else you should look at:

From Harvard

3. Every since I started taking iodine, my energy level has skyrocketed. I've experienced no side effects.

While it is certaintly best to get all of one's nutrients from food, that is not always possible. Ocean-farmed/caught seafood is not always available and is generally more expensive, as are good quality veggies. That being said, I eat only ocean-farmed/caught seafood, and only organic fruits and veggies and this still made a difference for me.

Thank you for the link. I usually use Celtic Sea Salt, but don't really feel the need to use it on most things I cook.

4. #24 Rootsphere_Farms, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    I am in the same boat right now.. I use to smoke and I guess the high would last long enough or be strong enough to really make the sleep that came with it after the high just not noticeable or even cared about. Now that my tolerance is higher, my highs are not lasting as long, and this means I need more THC, which in turn makes me more sleepy for not that strong of a high as to if my tolerance was lower. 

Yesterday was my day off, and I just smoked casually throughout the day at my house, all day I was very lazy and tired doesn't matter sativa or indica, I will pass out eventually. I woke up from a 10 hour sleep and passed out mid day for another 4 hours, after feeling lazy all day. It just sucks the energy out of me, even if I have a lot of it, it causes me to stretch and yawn like I'm completely exhausted even after JUST waking up. I hate that shit feeling, and there's a lot more of it now that my tolerance is higher that I can notice.

I always get shitty tired and lazy feeling no matter what I smoke, and if I'm not up and active which I'm usually not when I'm at my house I am going to pass out very shortly for at least 3-4 hours every time after I smoke. I don't think anyone becomes immune to the sleep, my dad has been smoking for 25 years now, and has been dabbing a shit ton for a good year straight now hasn't missed a day. He still passes out instantly after taking a toke. It's some peoples genetics, my brother use to smoke through pounds and never pass out, for me one or two dabs I will be completely dead passed out within 2 hours. No matter WHAT. It makes me sleep, every... single. time. Even 100% sativa Malawi Gold shatter I just dabbed yesterday when I woke up, 3 hours later I'm out for 4 hours.

5. Try Tea, it has L-Theanine in addition to caffeine, and it seems to have a synergy with caffeine that helps make you more alert and focused, but also calm, and counteracts certain negative effects, like the vasoconstriction and increased blood pressure. You can also supplement L-theanine independently. 

There's some other herbs which are supposed to help with fatigue, like rhodiola rosea, ginseng (ginseng fucking works. buy the pure extract in bulk, mix like a teaspoon in some water and drink it down, the minute amounts in energy drinks won't actually do shit). 

beyond L-theanine, most of the amino acids also seem to help energy, I know Acetyl-L-Carnitine is used a lot by people who are into nootropics (cognitive enhancers) and some of those nootropics are supposed to be good for energy as well, Phenylpiracetam in particular is supposed to be somewhat stimulating. To the best of my knowledge all the Racetam nootropics are totally safe, Ampakine ones are mostly safe but there have been concerns about exitoxicity with overuse. If you use Racetams and do experience side effects (generally headache or brain fog), those can usually be fixed with a choline supplement.

6. working night shift makes you tired all the time no matter what. exercise more, drink less soda, smoke after work

7. I feel you on that one. I only drink water and smoke after work but I'm sure more exercise can always help

8. Take a weed nap or smoke some sativas

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9.    You need to drink pedalyte that stuff they give to babies, I and many wrestlers and MMA guys use this after weight cutting to replenish fluids, it works wonders... Also coconut water is also just as afective .. Give this stuff a shot.

10. you can try folic acid

11. Durban Poison!

Something's not right here...

How are you high the entire time you're not at work but only smoke after work? I have to call bullshit on the part about smoking sativas too.

13. DRINK A SHIT TON OF WATER.

14. I love good strong coffee, add some hot coco mix and drink a sweet mocha.

Coffee and herb go good together, thats why there are coffee shops.

15. My morning routine is a cup of coffee with a spliff xD 
    Feels nice mang

He didn't say he only smokes after work..just that he does smoke after work.

The perfect wake and bake with the caffeine kick. The morning stone was always the best.

18. fast foward to 2:30... lmfao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-6UE610I5k

19. Working like that just makes you fucking tired. Hard to avoid it. When I worked a job as a kitchenhand at a big convention center, they would switch between day and night shift throughout the roster. Sometimes you'd do a ten day stretch and then get a shift in between your 2 days off. Impossible to have any life.

All I can really suggest is to make a point of getting more sleep. Have early nights. And keep your surroundings well organised. Always helps shit flow on the tired wake ups. Keep well fed. I don't know fuck all about nutrition but I know if I'm full my day goes easier.

20. i smoke all day and i find that as long as i smoke and start doing something, im good, otherwise im screwed..lol..yoga and other forms of exercise also help me i switched from coffee to tea and back but niether is a good fix...good luck.