Manga Recommendation Thread?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by a soggy fish, Jun 8, 2014.

1. #1 a soggy fish, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
    Reading Manga's one of the things i do stoned, i mostly like the large scale ones with loads of character development and stuff. Ive lost count of how many different types ive read but almost any genre will do as long as it's good and i like the drawing style.

Also i always forget the names which annoys me when i want to read them againm for example i read this kinda twisted phsycological one, i forgot the title, about sort of hitman character called Kano who assassinates people who is insane and has some kind of abilities and has hallucinations. You have to try and work out whats real and what is delusions sometimes, kinda deep. Anyone know what im talkinga about? Sorry bad explanation pretty baked.

Umm but yea if anyone wants to recommend any manga for me to read id appreciate it. Ill read almost anything with solid plot and characters, i even recently read a romance type one called 'a town where you live' and it was surprisingly good, more of a girls manga i think lol but the characters were good. So yea if anyone can recommend any good manga please, and a brief summary and what you like about it it would be great :)

Uhh il quickly list some manga i can remember the names of that i enjoyed. Oh remember, Manga not Anime.
    In no particular order

Uhh, Gantz. Hunter x Hunter. Highschool of the Dead. Cage of Eden. Akira (manga). Deadman Wonderland. Dragonball (manga). Fairy Tail (and the previous one by same artist??). Air Gear. Death Note. A Town Were You Live. Ubel Blatt. Psyren. Beserk. And probably hundreds more big ones and small ones that i forgot.

Ohh and for whatever reason im not too keen on manga like D Gray-Man, uhh idk thats the only one i can remember right now xD but i dont like loads aswell, mainly.. shallow kinda ones. The deeper the better lol.

So yea, post a few of your favourite mangas with a little summary and why you like it or whatever.
    Or you can just mention if youve read one ive mentioned and we can talk about how good it is or something :)
    But yea i actual love manga, lets just have an awesome thread about it!

Ps theres another manga i forgot the name of. Its a fantasy, 'special power' type one. The main dude has a broom as his weapon and the bristles can extend and grab stuff or form weapons i think. And theres a competition/battle thing with other people with other random object/weapon things. Ring any bells lol?

Also if you forgot the name of a manga ask obvs

Gonna roll a joint i best have a recommendation by the time im done D:

2. ONE PIECE! It'll keep you busy

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Read it but thanks, dunno why i forgot to mention is cos its awesome.. if your interested i realised theres a full color manga aswell, its digitally done i think but its really well done from what i saw when i checked it out. I might reread it in color actually.. Thanks for reminding me lol

4. Also your name is cool, it rhymesblike high samu-rai

5. Kaiji the ultimate survivor. Just finished. It's great

6. Ichi the killer, uzumaki, naruto, red storm, vagabond, Vinland saga, ares, kingdom, parasyte (don't remember manga name), 20th century boys, bokurano, the gamer, doulou dalu, bakuman(same people who did death note), apocalypse no toride, bartender, addicted to curry, onepunch man (def read this), the breaker, the breaker: new waves, veritas, the God of high school, btoooom, Beelzebub, tough, holyland, suicide island, aiki, sun ken rock, feng Shen ji, and so, so many more.

7. Thanks for all the recommendations! Its been a long time since i was on here so missed this, already read Naruto, Vinland saga (which is epic), parasite, both Breakers (liked these the art and some of the fight scenes were really well done and the old man in new waves was badass), also really liked Btoom! thx for reminding me to check for chaps, Beezlebub, Suicide island is great, again thx for reminder gotta catch up, same with aiki. After ive caught up with these il check out some these recommendations, ive seen Onepunch man mentioned a few times so i think il try it out..

If you're looking for something to read Alive! Is very good, great characters and powers.. umm i enjoyed I am a Hero too, its kinda gantz-ish but only in the way theres weird creatures(zombies) and you dont know which characters are gonna die, the summary on reader sites doesnt give it justice at all and it takes a fair few chapters to get going. Blame! Is epic, almost no speech at all and pretty confusing but very.. kinda huge, dystopian, badass, kinda steampunky and just badass and awesome.. careful tho cos some sites have pages missing which is v annoying.. cant remember which tho. I also loved Freesia but is has some disturbing scenes and prob isnt for most people.. same as Blame i guess, and also a bit confusing. Awesome story and man characters tho.

Anyway thanks again, was at a loss on what to read next after rereading berserk!

8. I love mangas with a heavy focus on martial arts and ancient hand to hand fighting techniques. I also just love mangas where the characters have ridiculous amounts of energy/power. Some mangas I've enjoyed are:

Toriko
    Feng Shen Ji (full color)
    City of Darkness (full color)
    The Breaker (both)
    Naruto
    Family of Brahman/Baramon no Kazoku
    History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    Veritas
    OnePunchMan
    Kingdom

Some of the mangas I'm still planning on reading are

Tower of God
    Rebirth Knight
    Noblesse
    God of High School
    and a few more

I love manga!
    Can anyone reccomend some dope fighting/martial arts animes or mangas? Particularly animes I need some new shows to watch

9. Thanks for the list, more manga to check out! I havent read any of these except breaker so il have to take a look

Off the top of my head: If you havent read Aiki im sure you'l like that, its all about fighting and different martial arts and the mc is OP.. Im sure youve heard of Hajime no Ippo but if not its a very realistic boxing manga with lots of different boxing styles and its epic, the main mc start off weak but it turns out hes actually really strong but hes not OP hes just really determined and never gives up, its one of my favorites you should def read it. Theres another martial arts/ street fighting manga thats good but i forgot the name, it has a similar look and mc to Suicide Island so might be by same author. Mc has a kinda wimpy personality and skinny but is surprisingly good at fighting. Great manga although art is not my favorite style.

Didnt realise you wanted anime oops.. but i know Ippo has an anime and Aiki probably does too. Im sure i kbow a few more good martial arts/ fighting manga/anime, if i remember il update

10. Pig queen

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app