Mr Scroggins Noob Smoke Reports

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Mr Scroggins, May 28, 2014.

1. High all?

How we all doing? Good. Glad to hear it.

So I'm in the process of curing my first harvest, and I haven't stumbled across a recent Big Bud x White Widow smoke report, so I thought i'd give it a go.

So, the prologue:

Seeds: - Female Seeds Big Bud x White Widow

Method: - Hydroponic

Medium: - Straight coco coir in 3 pots. 50/50 coco/perlite in 1 pot.

Lighting: - Solis Tek 1000w digital dimmable ballast w/ Solis Tek 600w HPS bulb

Nutrients: - Canna Coco A+B, Flairform CMX, Bud Juice, Canna PK13/14.

Light schedule: - 18/6 for 6 weeks, but I think the high temps stunted them a little in the middle so I let them go a little longer than planned. Then 12/12 until harvest.

Nutrient schedule: - from 2 weeks - 1/4 strength A+B, 1/2 strength CMX
                                 - from 3 weeks - 1/2 strength A+B, 1/2 strength CMX
                                 - from 4 weeks - 3/4 strength A+B, full strength CMX
                                 - from 5 weeks - full strength A+B, full strength CMX
                                 - water let sit and pH'd to ~5.9 every second watering.
                                 - straight pH'd water to flush for the last 4 weeks.

Harvested: - day 63 of flower (about 5-10% amber trichs)
                      - hung in well ventilated dark grow tent for 5 days.

Curing: - placed into quart sized mason jars and burped twice daily for the first week, 3-5 times in the second week, and once last week. Currently in it's fourth week of curing, I pulled out a couple of nugs and zipped them.

The Report:

Structure: - The large buds from this plant are light but reasonably dense, and "fluff up" nicely once processed. 6/10

Smell: - BB x WW doesn't have a distinctive smell. It's a fairly generic earth, pine, citrus combination. But there is a hint of mint or menthol. 6/10

Taste: - Again, nothing to write home about. Pleasantly mellow and smooth after 3 weeks. The minty menthol is there again. I hope that develops more as it continues to cure. 7/10

High: - The BB x WW high is a fairly active high for the first 45 mins or so, but then the indica sneaks up and suggests that it might be time to sit down and chill for a while. I'd say it has ~2 hours of flight time before noticeably coming down. It's ok, but nothing special. 7/10

I made some isohash from the popcorn buds that I had. The high from that is straight up in yer face head buzzy. Locks you to the couch, but is totally a head high. Lasts probably 3-3.5 hours. 8.5/10

All in all, I found it a good strain to grow and smoke. Easy to grow. Nice yield. Good smoke.

2. I've had a WWxBB from female seeds and seems very close to what you are describing. Good strain yet nothing to go crazy about.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but don't think I will regrow it.

3. Hey all.

Got a few new strains to review. But i'm going to post them up individually for reference sake.

Check them out!

Thanks for stopping by. :bongin:

4. Good report! only thing that would make it better is pics!!!!!
    great job looking to reading (hopefully seeing) moar!!!

5. I would love to see some photos, and how much did you average off a plant?

6. I think I got around 3 zips from the 2 plants so average of 45g per plant. Don't have any pics unfortunately.

7. ....been awhile......any new reports?

8. #8 sick__boy, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    you can call cocos hydroponic but in reality is not --->> im kind curious why people that grow in pots with cocos are call them hydroponics is it because you ph and put nutrients to every watering ??? to be honest guys thos coco are not hydroponics and you dont get the yield of REAL hydroponics units like ebb&flow - nft - dwc - rdwc - topfed+dwc - nft and many more even aero-ponics & mist-ponics is hydroponics now did you see any relationship with this systems with coco ??? excerpt from nutrients and ph that is similar to all grow methods (from soil to coco to hydro)
    and one question --->> if i grow orchids in the normal substrate they use to grow them then this is consider hydroponics??? <<------ cocos are in the same category with this

9. #9 Mr Scroggins, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2015
    As you may have guessed (or read in the first post), this was my first go around.

I'm now a little more experienced, and yes you are right. I should have just said it was indoor grown in a soil-less media.