Bong Vs Pipe, What Gets You Higher?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Sam420, May 28, 2014.

1. #21 Old School Smoker, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
    I would need a 8 inch styrofoam carpet if I was to get a quality Roor. Or a quality blackleaf. or a quality adelphia or whatever....

2. I hate it when people torch a bowl let alone torch one they didn't pack . My close friends and I will pack individual bong bowls so everyone gets green, then start passing around pipes.

3. Oh man it's actually been a few years since I've used a pipe. I've got this 6 arm tree perc bubbler that hits so smooth, we just pass that around and load hash and keef on top of bowls, tastes amazing.

4. Pipes/bowls are nice...especially on the go.

But if your chillin at the house...id prefer a nice ole Bong rip.....less harsh and gets you higher IMO.

5. name brand glass regardless of the brand is nothing special. What makes a bong durable is how thick the glass is, not because the company makes a better piece. Ive seen great bongs blown from independent glass-blowers that are better than name brand bongs. We're dealing with glass not sneakers, the name literally only matters for the logo

6. 1 bong rip vs a pipe hit... The bong will get me three times as stoned.

7. Ive been bongin my entire tokin career so everytime I hit a spoon or dry piece its suuuper harsh. I feel like bong gets u more blasted too

8. I prefer my bong over a pipe. Either one will get ya stoned...

9. lol why a roor when theres such nicer bongs for less

10. Start a new thread for best results, bud.

Also, I know the thread is aging but thought I'd weigh in.

THC is hydrophobic, meaning the molecule won't readily bond with water. Any THC lost in a water pipe would be that which is contained in any tar/ash deposited in the water. The difference in psychoactive content is negligible. Most of the carbon based carcinogens are readily taken up by the water. Especially if using water that is chemically inert as possible (distilled) but this is likely overkill.

Pipes are delivering a superheated stream of all combustion products, so it's very likely that some folks feel a greater impact, but overall, water pipes are much cleaner and deliver incredible amounts of active compounds.

Water pipes are my method of choice unless it's not feasible.

Love my spoon though. Lots of memories and lack thereof made with that wad of glass.

11. whoa is that true? cool

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. All I gotta say is
    Bongs are the way to go :bongin:

13. Hell yeah it is

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. If equal size bowl is packed in both, your lungs will grab more cannabis from a dry pipe.

So in theory a dry pipe.

However bongs cool smoke so you can smoke bigger hits but technically some water absorbs cannabis.

15. the water is absorbing contaminant, not really good stuff.

I dont think either will necessarily get you 'higher', more so a matter of preference.