Found This In My Backyard: Is It Ditch Weed Or Real Weed??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sitheist, May 22, 2014.

1. #21 bockscar, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    is this real life? So youve had this growing there in that area for years?! Thats soooo sick!

I know people have mentioned pulling males...but id leave a few, let it develop seed, harvest, save seeds....retoss into same area! just keep things going, dont ruin a great thing! know what I mean?

Whats your general location or country? shit....you might have a sick as land race/killer plant/awesome phenos of whatever type of sativa it is.....if its been doing this for years like you mention! so awesome....

only other thing, and I wanna post that "Thats none of my business tho" Kermit the frog meme, is I think your parents are the ones behind the plants OP. Hope Im not shattering your world, but I think that may be the case, especially since your mom decided to go medicine woman with the herb for your dog. Which is pretty cool.

Late edit due to disbelief of awesomeness:
    Those buds are prolly gonna be soooooo hazy! its def a sativa.....looks heavy on the sativa side to me too! awesome! that good uplifting smoke!

2. No its not this is what rhubarb looks like

Attached Files:

3. Healing of de nation mon'

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

4. I'm in the Midwest so the soil is pretty good here to begin with. The spot where most of the weed is growing is in a horse pasture, so even better soil cuz of all the horse poo.

There were some in our front yard too, the plants weren't nearly as big, but my mom sprayed them cuz they were starting to take over and she didn't want visitors to notice lol.

I have some questions about the males though. There are a lot of plants just in that one spot, and even more that have spread throughout the area. There is no feasible way for me to find and pull all the males. Plus, like you said, I want them to keep coming back. However, even if there is just one male, won't all of the plants be ruined? Or can I still smoke the bud & just take the seeds out?

Also, I'm moving out and going back to school in August, and the plants normally bloom in October. I'm only going to be two hours away from home so I can still come back in October, but I was wondering if it's possible to trick the plants into blooming earlier. That way I could have some bud when I go back plus maybe avoid the problem of the males if they don't breed till later.

Lol if this works out, I won't even know what to do with all this weed!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Someone definitely wanted those plants and planted them there.  Your parents probably know whats up.

If the females get pollinated they will still produce bud but as soon as they get knocked up they will focus their energy on seed production instead of big sticky buds.  So you will have some shitty weed but it will produce another harvest next year.  

You should pull the males so you have better weed and then buy some seeds online and plant them again next year.

6. Whenever I ask my mom I get some rather interesting explanations, such as 1) the guys who built the shed were rolling joints and threw their seeds on the ground. 2) One of my friends emptied their ashtray in our yard. 3) Someone near us is growing and the seeds spread. 4) When one of my cousins visited, he threw his seeds out in our yard.

When I ask my dad, he has one explanation: it's just ditch weed.

Also, I was never once accused of planting them.

I'm really starting to think that this is my parents doing. My mom told me she used to smoke in college, and she said my dad did too though he's never told me himself. They know I smoke now and are completely fine with it. And, after years of these plants growing, they haven't tried to get rid of them.

7. Lmao it's gotta be them, with all those explanations haha. Just light up a j at the dinner table tonight and pass it to the left

8. Lord why can't I live where you do ? Those plants are amazing

9. Your parents are clearly growing some herbs.

.... awesome  I say.

10. I've heard the ditch weed is more potent. at least if it grows naturally. If it was able to grow proficiently by itself. It means it's on some pretty rich soil, cause it's natural climate is in the himalaya's. When humans manucure a plant to fit an unripe enviornment. Like substituting nutrients it tends to have more error in the plants production. That's why nitrogen burns happen. If it grows on it's own, it means it's getting everything it needs on it's own rights. Just see if they're male or female. I used to buy mids just for the seeds and toss em in april, if they grew awesome. Sometimes i would get some of the most potent loads. Nature has a way of improving things.

11. Im prolly a weird guy as a disclaimer...

but i think I would be EXACTLY like your parents once i have older kids, high school/college years im saying. 

Ive been pro-weed since I got turned on to it. And im all for people smoking, all ages, shapes and sizes (not coo w/13 and under, but i started at 13 so.......). But with that being said...I NEVER talk about it! and I dont really like talking about it that often at this point in my life, when I was younger, sure way more often.

I have a live and let live attitude in life. I love that "dont tread on me" flag and what it REALLY MEANS. I hate that the republican party has hijacked it, but I love it cuz it sums up how i feel in life. My profession is in sales, so you can imagine me not liking having to answer to a "boss" in the traditional since since they still make money off me!lol Your parents are prolly the same way. They trust their parenting where they believe in you to make the proper decisions in life! BUT...theyre not going to invite you and encourage you to potentially get the wrong ideas in your head and make the wrong choices. By that I mean the weed thing. Theyre not gonna invite you to blaze with them before dinner or tell you about the grow. WHY NOT? Cuz young people are stupid meatheads. ALL OF THEM. and i mean that in the kindest way possible cuz when we are young we are blobs of uncooked meat, and at that stage in life a kid could see their parents being ok with weed....so they decide to start buying up pounds and slanging them....since THEIR parents are cool with weed. 

You get what Im saying with that wall of text? Yea youre parents can smoke and grow now....but you havent payed your dues like they have. Feel me brah?haha trying to lighten it up after the textwall!

12. So is it okay if I leave the males? Some of these plants are 10 feet tall and wouldn't be easy to pull, plus they have spread all over and I think it would be pretty much impossible to find all the males. These plants are so prolific, there was a carpet of them growing in front of the house, but my mom got rid of those cuz she didn't want people to think we're pot farmers lol.

Anyways, will I still be able to smoke the stuff if it's been pollinated? I know it won't be as good as if I could get rid of the males, but that's not really feasible in this situation.

13. You can lol. it'll be mids. Sensimilia is what your looking for which means
    Without seeds. That's why we remove the males. If you don't about 80%+ of your females will get pollenated ande not be as potent.

14. #34 bockscar, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    dude...just let it be and come pick up some nugs during harvest time.

I know everyone is gonna call me an idiot since it counters traditional thinking....but just let it be, if it gets seeded it gets seeded. I think that says A LOT about the strain since it has continued to grow year after year. Check out the strain hunters....these dudes go all over the world in search of buds....THAT HAVE SEEDS in them! So how bad can it really be? I understand the science, and understand that seed production means energy that can be used to produce buds being used up....but why ruin a good thing?

If you do like some suggest and pull the males.....you are COMPLETELY changing the ball game(imo), and you are NOW weed farming! It seems like you live in a place that values personal freedoms and liberties to the point of you all not being arrested yearly!lol So just let it keep on keeping on! 

If you pull the males now....and want anything close to the number of plants you are regularly getting annually , and with minimal effort might i ADD....start saving now, because I think you will need to buy at LEAST $1,000 worth of seeds. Seeds arent cheap, especially if you wanna go fem since males will end up being pulled either way!

Just let it be and show up during harvest time with clippers and bags. In my opinion...if you wanna take it ONE DEEPER from where its at now....Buy some Cannabis Cup Award winner seeds (just 1 strain tho), NON FEMINIZED....and toss them out into the pasture where your plants are already grown around March or April of next year....VOILA....you just created your own strain once those buds get seeded!

DISCLAIMER:
    Im FAR from an expert, but have done a decent amount of research. If one of the OG's comes through and says im wrong....its prolly better to take their advice if they do got grows on top of grows under their belt!

15. Actually I live a couple miles out in the country and my yard is pretty much surrounded by forest and not visible from any road... It's perfect! lol

I'm thinking about just keeping some of the seeds when I go back to school and growing a few in my apartment... Maybe...

16. probably contradicting myself...

but if you wanna start some indoor, then I would def buy some new seeds! and you get to choose your strain! You can def grow those seeds, but who knows how they will respond to the indoor climate? theyd prolly do all right if they just keep growing year after year as is! GL

17. unless someone purposely planted those... Your dog shat those seeds out.  Just like birds shit seeds and plants grow.

18. UPDATE!

The plants are starting to flower. Also, I was putting some stuff away in this shed that I barely ever go in, and I found a huge branch of bud! I asked my mom about it and she's just like "yeah I dried it." but then said she's never smoked it. Lol riiiight... It's been there since last fall, so idk how good it even is, but I just ground some of it up and it's pretty sticky and smells good. Can't wait to try it! I really hope it's good!

19. Your mom is secretly a bigger pothead than you. Also, just grab a bunch of buds from the various plants when the harvest time comes. Leave a lot on, but keep a stash of the buds and keep the seeds out of it. If you start those indoors, be careful not to let them overgrow your box/tent. I'd keep a handful of seeds if for no other reason than to conserve the sativa genetics.

20. Awesome thread man crazy story behind those plants, more pics please