Weed Is Helping Me Lose Weight

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by foxforcefive, May 20, 2014.

1. Which is what most people would say about weed on opposite day, but it's actually helping me lose weight. I'm trying to lose about twenty pounds because I'm getting a bit too heavy, and my big problem is snacking because I'm bored. Now that I'm trying to lose weight, I fire up a joint or smoke a few bowls and I'm so distracted by the weed and how much fun I'm having playing video games that I forget about the food. Then I eat at at dinner like a normal person. Anybody else have the same opposite-than-usual effect from weed?

2. yes,i lost 50 pounds withing 3 months.I look alot better,people always ask me how i did it.

3. Cannabis users have shown statistics that would suggest they tend to lead more healthy lifestyles than non-users.

4. #4 foxforcefive, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    Yeah, but I'm talking about the increased appetite that many get. There are lots of vegan farmer stoners but there's also an even larger group of chubsters.

5. #5 guest30011140, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
    No, there isn't a larger group of chubsters. That was my point. - relative to non-users.

6. I believe smoking marijuana is linked to weight gain. I'm not denigrating the plant, it's awesome everywhere else. Here's a scientific study on the issue: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3228283. A simple google search of "marijuana weight gain" will show you thousands of links, including many to posts here on grass city, about marijuana smoking causing weight gain through becoming a couch potato when high and eating snacks. Are they a larger group than fitness potheads? I don't know. As large? Perhaps. Certainly a very sizable portion. My point remains regardless of the exact proportion.

7. I lost like 100 pounds cuz instead of snacking all the time I was jus smoking all day with friends I used to smoke an ounce a week.

8. Haven't met many fat stoners. Most are skinny bordering on too thin.

9. This. Its great if you wanna lose weight but its a curse if your trying put some on. I can eat fast food all day for a week a not gain but maybe 2 3 pounds and I can burn it off in in a afternoon.I blame the weed.

10. I think this is what he was referring too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/marijuana-users-skinnier-blood-sugar-control_n_3280053.html

11. Ummm
    Working out 5 minutes a day will help a lot more then you think.
    Playing video games is not

I understand what you're getting at, but know this:

Lazy people are lazy before cannabis enters their life. If not the herbs, we'd blame the video game or computer. Maybe it's the internet's fault! Or whoever makes such comfy computer chairs... see what I'm getting at?

Michael Phelps, Carl Sagan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Jobs... long-time smokers who are more ambitious and driven than most non-smoking conservatives.

I point this out because what you're claiming leads to misinformation/propaganda that just isn't true. IF what you were claiming was true... even my life would be completely different given the amount of cannabis I've consumed over the past 11 years. IF what you were claiming is true.

IF.

Besides, what has been established in regards to the endocannabinoid system demonstrates that if anything, cannabis helps to regulate our metabolism and all other bodily functions. So don't be sad to know that long-term cannabis users are scientifically proven to generally be healthier, happier, fitter and live longer than non-users. You can argue that if someone consumes a high dose of CBN and becomes couch-locked they may want to relax for a while... however that is not whatsoever applicable to day-to-day ambition and motivation.

13. I lost weight when I first started smoking too

14. drinking alocohol is what will make you gain weight.. also ANY sugar beverage.. Gatorade, coke/pepsi/mtn. dew, hot chocolate.

Sugar is sticky... Alcohol is pretty much bread in a bottle with a certain amount of  poison. Im thinking blunts and tobacco may add extra toxins to your body that in time will cause weight gain.. same could be said for weed but since weed makes you breath better, you can work out better.

15. I'm not claiming that marijuana takes away your motivation, nor am I claiming that smoking weed will make you fat. I'm saying that there is a link between marijuana and eating more. Chronic smokers who still get the munchies tend to be the ones that make up many of the stoners I'm talking about. And yes, they do tend to be generally healthier. But even with that majority, it's not more than 60% of stoners. There's still a sizable portion of stoners - 15 to 20% perhaps - that are not an ignorable portion of overall stoners.

Again, not sure why you continue to accuse me of claiming that marijuana kills your ambition in your last sentence. I never wrote anything about that. I didn't really think too deep into this post while I was writing it.

16. I used to be a gamer and I was kinda fat but then I started skating and smoking buds and I lost weight

Skate.

17. I lost 50 lbs over the last year and weed has definitely helped. No workout, no weed. And I want my weed so that means I better go workout. Dems the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. #18 splashie, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    it worked for me too, i was high whole july and i def lost some pounds!! shit works like charm for me. I ate jusssst what my body needed and drank lotta water. Shirt fits great now. confidence is in the sky :)

Sent from my LG-D320 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #19 Kroptonik, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    i smoke weed on the hourly it seems like, I still go to the gym 5 days a week on top of doing school full time...i've also lost 120 pounds over the last 2 years while being baked out of my mind for every day except a few days every once n a while (going out of town to see family or being sick in the hospital etc).

I find myself enjoying healthy foods a lot more when i'm stoned...fruits, milk (white or chocolate which is actually good for you after a workout) , nuts etc etc all way better stoned...

lol that rule kinda sucks, I love working out stoned...maybe alter the rule to make it possible to smoke in the parking lot before going inside? lol

20. I lost about 100 pounds a couple of years ago, while smoking several times a day. It was incredibly easy. The diet I was on was eating 6 prepackaged meals a day, and one real meal. It was very easy because it was regimented and being high constantly makes  me make better decisions personally.