Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Pass A Drug Test When You Smoke Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Superjoint, May 15, 2014.

1. #1 Superjoint, May 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Since marijuana is still widely regarded as an illegal drug, its' use could jeopardize the chances of the user getting a job that is subject to pre-employment drug testing.  Yes, in some cases, employment will still be granted for legally prescribed drugs, but since there are few places where marijuana is legal – even medically – and few companies that are even willing to employ people using medical marijuana, it is worth looking at methods one could you to possibly get around this issue.

Marinol is an FDA-approved prescription drug that is used in the treatment of cancer and HIV patients that could offer a legally acceptable excuse for testing positive for marijuana.  The problem is that because it's used for chronic illness, you will probably struggle to get a prescription and it could compromise your chances of getting employed before they even get to the testing for marijuana.  For more tips download my free marijuana grow bible at this link here.

If you get a prescription, be sure to list it in the pre-physical questionnaire.  Be warned though, that many employers and laboratories are aware of the use of this drug to mask marijuana in urine.  Its' presence may be a red flag and tests can differentiate Marinol from marijuana.  It may just aggravate a problem you're trying to avoid.  Another option is Protonix, prescribed for acid reflux.  This however is FDA labeled that it masks cannabis in urine samples and can be eliminated in lab tests.

If you test positive for marijuana, don't deny the results or make excuses.  You're not the first new employee being tested and they'll probably have heard a few of these before.  Again, you don't want to draw attention to yourself.  False-positive results are not unheard of; they are just rare and incur another round of testing.  There are a number of protocols that the labs follow if the test is positive for marijuana to make sure that the results are correct.  They may re-test apparently negative results. On the other hand, not every prospective employer necessarily goes to such lengths if they don't have to. 

You might try telling your employer that you at hemp food products.  This has a slim chance of success as the quantities required are so vast, you're unlikely to get away with it – the hemp food industry has regulations that strictly limit marijuana content.  The same applies for claiming that it is due to passive marijuana smoking.  It would take hours, locked in a closet with 5 heavy smokers for it to even register in your system.  Some might claim that they unwittingly ingested it. You're just drawing attention to yourself.

It doesn't help to try and flush marijuana out of your system either.  There is no evidence to suggest that you can do so through exercise, diets or flushing regimes.  Some suggest intake of copious amounts of liquids, however all this will do is dilute the presence of marijuana in your system.  The success of this is going to depend on the sensitivity threshold of the test (which is usually 50 nanograms/ml).  Tap water should suffice for this; no need to by fancy detox drinks.

Abstinence from marijuana is probably the most reliable method of testing clean – because you'll actually be clean.  However, no one is really sure how long it takes for marijuana to metabolize out of your system.  There are many variables that affect this – frequency, quantity, size, metabolism, genetics etc.  The odd marijuana joint won't show up in traditional tests after 2-4 days.  If you smoke regularly though, it will obviously take longer to metabolize – between 4 to 8 weeks.  It is advisable to self-test at home beforehand and then abstain from marijuana until you have the test results and know you're in the clear.

If you want start growing, download my free grow guide and order some high quality marijuana seeds at this link. We ship seeds to the US, CA and many other countries.

Robert
    www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com

2. Not what I thought it'd be. Was expecting ways such as substitution, not drugs that mask it in the urine simple. But nice guide for people who can get those prescribed.

3. Abstinence is the primary method that I chose, just hope I'll able to pass a DT when it comes by.

4. Don't really see how this deserves a sticky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Diluting your urine with water and certo jello powder will also help hide the THC.

It can possibly turn your urine clear so be careful!

Sent from my iPhone on the moon

6. The only for sure way to pass is to just not smoke.

7. #7 Jimbo_285, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    It's very simple:  since they cannot watch you pee (unless in military or prison). You substitute clean urine in a tied condom and put that condom in another condom. Tie neatly. Place in underwear under balls. When pee time comes, open your zipper, pull condom out and use thumbnail to pierce the top. Pour the clean urine into the jar and place the used condoms in a pocket. Done.Body temperature urine. Worked twice for me. Learned it from Abby Hoffman's book "Steal this urine test"

8. by the way, the book mentions that the clean urine can be frozen to be used on test in the future. Of course this will not help at all if it is a random test. To work you must know the day you will be tested

9. You sure that water won't help get it out of your system? Cause they test with pee. And water makes you pee. So by drinking water, you will pee out the pot piss, and you will get rid of all the pot piss faster. Right?

10. I have a drug test coming up on june 21. Ive been clean for about two weeks so far but i took one puff from my buddies joint yesterday. Will that likely show up on the test? Before april i used to smoke about a gram a day.

11. Or you just use quickfix synthetic urine and pass every drug test bammmmmmmmmmmm

Trim Nazi

12. Canadian I have had some serioius experience with this stuff...Here are some tips.
    1. Try as hard as you can not to smoke the week of the test.....drink lots of water
    2. NEVER EVER give them your first pee in the morning....it is the most concentrated..try to schedule test late in day
    3. DRINK, DRINK, DRINK WATER beginning 24 hours before test
    4. Since tests are so expensive, they usually start with a cheap ELISA test and you might just get by if you are a heavy smoker.
    5. From experience, the clean urine substitute inside 2 condoms tucked into underwear is best. Since you cant flush toilet or wash hands, place condoms in pocket inside a piece of toilet paper.
    6 From my personal experience, a very heavy smoker, I was able to pass the test 2 weeks after last smoking....it really isn't that hard to rid your system of it...Hope this helps some people...peace ...jimbo

13. By the way, hair test you're fucked, random test you're fucked...get a medical card if you can in your state and maybe a lawsuit

14. Fake piss

Sent from my right nipple~Grasscity Forum

15. hits it on point with this.
    Military for four years and those 2 types of screenings are the only ones who can watch you piss....

before i joined this is what i did.

16. Hey there I smoke weed and I recently just passed a drug screen. My only method is that I follow the rule from neurologists, 'A puff is a enough'.
    I suffer from PTSD from being deployed. I fin that one huge toke from a joint before bed relieves all my symptoms even for the next day. I can actually function like a normal human being. Anyway my point is that following that rule plus healthy diet and daily exercise seems to keep me safe from drug screens. I even had a toke and hour prior to the drug screen. I thought I was done for sure. Haha. Well that is my story. PTSD and weed go together like pussy and dick.

17. #17 Storm Crow, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
    Jimbo, you forgot one! The Elisa and the Emit drug tests can be fooled a bit by taking zinc!

[SIZE=12pt]Zinc Reduces the Detection of Cocaine, Methamphetamine, and THC by ELISA Urine Testing.       (abst – 2011)        [/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]We need 8 to 11 mg of zinc daily; over 40 mg/day can cause zinc poisoning.[/SIZE]   http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21740689
    \n[SIZE=12pt]Elevated urine zinc concentration reduces the detection of methamphetamine, cocaine, THC and opiates in urine by EMIT.            (abst – 2013)            [/SIZE]
    http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/23843421/Elevated_urine_zinc_concentration_reduces_the_detection_of_methamphetamine,_cocaine,_THC_and_opiates_in_urine_by_EMIT.
    \nTake zinc with a meal, it often upsets an empty stomach!   :wacko:

If your urine test is positive, you can get a retest (sometimes). if you blame your shampoo! Just don't smoke until you hear one way or the other!

[SIZE=12pt]Baby Soaps and Shampoos Trigger Positive Marijuana Tests       (news – 2012) [/SIZE]
    http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/19/baby-soaps-and-shampoos-trigger-positive-marijuana-tests/#ixzz21IE9aajD

Granny

18. I really think it has to do with body types, I remember they was a time I was super skinny and I could smoke all day everyday and pass a piss test in 48hrs, I don't smoke any more though even though it's legal in my state, not worth loosing a job over plus drinking is way more fun if you find a good group of drinking buddies, it's a shame that people view pot and alcohol so differently. I'm willing to bet that alcohol is way worse for you and kills more people every year than pot does.

19. Iam new to this forum. I ran across this guy who helped me out on a piss test. he uses herbs and certain vitamins. i used it and a co worker, and it worked. i dont smoke that much, but my buddy does. heres the link
    http://www.cleanpee.byethost17.com/