Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Do I Make Edibles Not To Taste Like Cannabutter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by bullyle, May 6, 2014.

1. I made some pot chocolate last week and they tasted like cannabutter/weed. I made some brownies yesterday and they also tasted like cannabutter, I tried my best and ate 2 brownies and kept throwing up in my mouth. they tasted horrible.

I make cannabutter by putting butter into boiling water and then put weed inside and simmer for 4 hours. then I strained it and freezed it and took out the butter part. When I'm ready to make brownies, i put melted cannabutter into the brownie mix (5g of weed worth of cannabutter) and egg and water an follow the instruction and everything, and they taste so horrible. Hwo do i make my brownies not taste like weed? I even try putting in vanilla extract

2. cook the butter longer and slower to remove a lot of the clorophil it will still taste like weed but not as bad.
    use that crockpot under the sink and cook for at least 8 hours but more like 10-12 hours on low

3. use bubble hash

4. Any hash would work

5. I actually like the taste of canna butter, maybe wash it down with your favourite drink.  Like a chaser :p

6. i believe it the mix you have and the amount of oil or butter you put in. if you put more oil or butter you put in the more it will taste like the weed. also use something that has a powerful taste. i know that i used the same weed and amount of oil on browinies and cookies and the cookies tasted like the weed way more. 

my personal favorite thing to make is GREEN velvet cupcakes. (just like red velvet just different color) it tasted delicious!

7. I recently made a batch of chocolate by mixing dry sift kief (decarbed) with dark chocolate.  added a bit of shredded coconut and some mint extract.  poured the melted chocolate into candy molds and made these little discs about the size of a quarter. 
        easy to take, portioned controlled, and no weed taste.

I think the secret is in using kief or hash.  also, I don't use any water when making cannabutter - just coconut oil.  why do you feel you need to use water?  thc is not water soluble, but some of the shit that gives it a strong flavor is.

8. #8 BabyEyesStoner, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    Make something that has a lot of flavor. I just polished off a batch of banana mini muffins. Bananas were super ripe, made with BadKat's coconut oil, added semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts. There's enough going on there that the canna flavor goes unnoticed. 

But how can you not LOVE the taste of weed?? Are you using AVB? I stick my face in empty stash jars and just inhaaaale the sweet weedy aroma.

Edit: Here's the banana bread recipe I used: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/
    I make mini muffins instead of a loaf to make dosing easier, 350 @ 20 minutes, make 2 dozen mini muffins. Try it if you wanna do something other than brownies.

9. Put cannabutter and water in a pot, bring to a boil, then put in a tall glass. and put the glass into the refridgerator until the butter is fully hard [at least 4 hours].  Peel off the butter, put into a pot with clean water and start the process over.  You can do this multiple times and each time it will have less taste; obviously you lose a bit of butter on each cycle but not too much if you are careful and patient [use more butter to have a more dilute overall mixture to reduce this concern if you would not normally be using full strength butter in the final recipe].