miracle gro organic choice potting mix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BigZ, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Sorry to here that.

2. i appologize for throwing my question on here, i only do it because MG and nutes are all over here.

does scotts bloom booster (4-10-3) and schults (10-15-10) have the same "soil taste" as MG? if anyones used it...

3. #23 Drivenone, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
    Not as those levels anyway. Humans need nutes too.

Did you even taste the soil when you made your taste comaprison?

My MG Organic says feeds for 2 months. Didn't see any coated pill in the mix.

Using Schultz now. I grew 2 plants last Christmas and managed 337 grams from two 3 foot plants. MG soil too.

I have to see it like this. If you want to be accepted by members, don't use MG anything.

The question is fine. I'm not growing weed to impress people. I'd grow it in ds if I thought it would work and I guarantee someone will come along and say that's better than growing it in Miracle grow.

4. #24 mrbob_58, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
    promix bx....nothing better

I replanted a plant that started life in mg potting soil...it brought the plant back from the dead. i will never use anything else. ph is easier and the plants love it

5. to sum this entire thread up.

soil sucks go hempy. :p

6. I'm growing 2 plants in a mix of MG organic choice/peat/perlite and 2 plants in foxfarms. All seeds are from the same plant, so we'll see how the two compare when I harvest :D

7. #27 acellular, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2013
    My only experience has been with Happy Frog and Ocean Forest. I decided to give MGOCPM a try since it's cheaper. I haven't grown in it yet but I just mixed/prepped the soil. I can say without a doubt this is not even close to Fox Farm soil. The texture kind of sucks. It's not even like dirt when you add water it's more like concrete. You must add a lot of perlite! I'd say about 3:1. I feel sorry for anyone that tried running it without perlite. They must have gotten root rot for sure! I also added a 1/4 cup of Epsoma organic pelletized lime to 2 gallons of soil. I notice the pellets melt down to water right away. Both bought at Home Depot as a one stop shop. I used an old bag of Scott's perlite without any ferts in it. I wouldn't use the Miracle Gro perlite since it has ferts and you will be adding so much to the mix. The first time I watered it I ran 6.5 water through it and the runoff was 7.1 which gives me 6.8 so i'd say the p.h. is perfect. I have a feeling the actual soil p.h. is lower because the first water probably energized the lime I put in it. Based on my experience i'd say if you can definitely get Happy Frog instead. It's not that much more considering you don't have to add any perlite to it. Also, depending on plant/bucket size i'd add perlite to Ocean Forrest. I like Happy Frog better if I could only get one, however, I always ran a 50/50 mix of HF/OF.

Update: After running water through it I realized how terrible this stuff is. I'm not even going to run it. I went and got a bag of Happy Frog instead. I hope Home Depot will take it back. The regular green bag must be better because the orange MGOCPM sucks!

8. So does McDonalds and the Dollar Store.

Schateva lol

J

9. This post is hella old but it works great for autos

10. This is what I used when I first planted my plants. It worked great until I found a better soil. Which I chose fox farm ocean spray which I found at the local hydroponics store

11. Don't they make Cranberry Juice too?

image.jpg

J

12. Lol no. Different company. Fox farm is the company. Not ocean spray