Unpopular Opinions On Films.

Discussion in 'Movies' started by aclockworkoddity, Apr 22, 2014.

1. I don't like Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I think Ferris Bueller is a fucking asshole in that movie, and I don't like Micheal J. Fox in movies.

I also think Frozen is way overrated, I watched it after all the hype though soo...I mean it's alright but it ain't that great.

I concur with Avatar being overrated too, I think that's a pretty popular opinion though.

I also like Strange Wilderness and that has one of the lowest ratings I've ever seen on Rotten Tomatoes.

2. I'm also gonna put it out there that I think that there are no good remakes of any original film.

Sent from my ST26i using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #23 *guest, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    I really wasn't impressed by Inglourious Basterds

4. Then I'm going to go ahead and say I liked the Dawn of the Dead remake. However I can't think of any other remakes I liked.

5. Yeah there are a few that are alright but no remakes have ever really been good enough for me to bother watch again or recommending to anyone.

Oh yeah, I loved that remake. 

I think it really depends on what they're remaking. So many zombie flicks are just meant to be gratuitous gore and action anyway, maybe you're losing some of the "omg it's so 70's" quality, but it can still be absolutely entertaining. 

The most pointless fucking remake to me was the Death at a Funeral remake. I loved the original, and the remake wasn't that bad but it's still like "you remade a 3 year old movie so you could make it more... black..?" 

7. Dear Steven Seagal.......you suck.

8. Planet of the apes was great
    The newest one not the one with mark wahlberg

Sent from my Huawei-U8652 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I have not actually seen the remake of Planet of the Apes yet.

10. Are you talking about movies that are only movies. Or does this also apply to movies that are based on books? Because if you including the latter, then the Coen brothers True Grit is definitely better than the original. So is 3:10 to Yuma.

Also A Fistful Of Dollars is better than Yojimbo.

11. I'm only referring to remakes of films. Not books or influence of other film.

12. i think requiem for a dream sucked. i didn't like how it was filmed all the fast motion and shit. i don't know everyone gets mad when i say it sucks but for me, it sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Hell, even people who enjoyed the movie don't usually want to watch it more than once. 

I thought it was fantastically dark and depressing and I will never watch it again. :p 

Same here. Plus, the continuous use of the same melodramatic song being played at inappropriate times.
    I also think it's laughable that people actually believe it to be an accurate portrayal of addiction. It most certainly is not.

15. Donni Darko sucked. It was boring as fuck and I honestly don't see why everyone loves it so much.

Teen angst. :p 

I think it was an alright movie. I thought it was interesting. Somewhat entertaining. But it's one of those movies that teenagers kind of glommed onto in the early 2000's, like fucking The Nightmare Before Christmas. 

That one bugged me because I loved that movie from the time it came out when I was like 6 years old, and then suddenly it became trendy to like it and I actually knew people who got Jack Skellington tattooed on their body and it's just like "ugh, now I can't even like the movie without seeming like a trendwhore". :laughing: 

17. #37 travilanche, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Revenge of the Sith is way better than Return of the Jedi. ROTS is solid all the way through. ROTJ is amazing until they get to the Endor moon. Once they meet the Ewoks the film goes way downhill. So cheesy it is on TPM level.

18. Out of everyone i've spoken to, I'm the only one who thought Argo was boring!!

19. the watering down of the lord of the rings movies was bad enough, but the hobbit trilogy is absolutely trash. its mostly CGI, and filled with too much bullshit. the book is the shortest of tolkien's published works regarding middle earth, and they've made it into a trilogy. i rented the first movie but stopped watching when they threw radagast into the story and made him a simpleton with birds nesting and shitting in his hair.

they have shit on my favorite book from childhood, and i am upset.

20. Yeah Argo sucked.