Nirvana Northern Lights Fem. Cfl Grow Box

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by greenmanaleshi, Apr 22, 2014.

1. #41 snoopdog6502, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    yes that will work. passive intake should be fine and if not just an inline fan will kick some cool air in.

Lofts and attics can be ovens in the summer but it sounds like you have a nice condo with real insulation.

Im all legal and have my outdoor going nicely in a kids pool with 100 gallons of compost and potting soil all planted with white rhino autos. Used rebar and PVC pipe to make a dome greenhouse and just throw plastic over it at night. It can snow in May here so I have to plan for that.
    growing gets so much easier when big time stealth is not an issue.

2. We are currently doing the paper chase with the state. Man I think is cool that you do your own thing as far as your gardens. I wish i had the space to work with, for me just trying to engineer a project is fun. Lol

Building grow spaces has become a way of life for me. Shit growing everywhere at my house and most of it is not weed. LOL

I have 3 big lights in the basement, lights in the spare bedroom with hydroponic tomatoes, lights over the hutch in the dining room, lights over the bookshelves in my bedroom, lights over a  second shelf in my bedroom, light in the bedroom closet, lights in the greenhouse to keep the baby chickens and turkeys warm. lights in the living room over baby chickens and baby geese.

You know what? I still dont have enough lights. LMAO no kidding.

I won't even have a bedroom next month  :cry:

Get a nice 30 foot motor home and park it in the front yard, you dont need a living room either. :laughing:

I'm working on that. Been thinking of just buying another house or building a garage or Buying some land....Or maybe do all that by next year. 

Yes I grow in a tent and use LED's. I love LED's my bill is not much higher and they don't run hot. People will tell you this or that but really once you try both then you will see what will fit your tastes. Yeah the LED market is super sketchy. Mine is from Amazon as they have a return policy. Again I am really surprised how good the plants do. They seem to grow much more compact and dense yet quick. At $150 you can get a pretty good one.

I bought a pre made tent. I think if you can make one that is awesome but I don't have the time or dexterity to make it happen so prefab it is. I got mine for about $80 from amazon and am really happy with it. 

I would say make sure you have a passive intake and ability to put a duct fan in. It will keep the air moving for your babies!

8. Thanks so much, we are gong with a prefab tent also. I looked at the LED your using is seems like a very good deal and the return policy you just cant beat. I was wondering, can you use the same LED though out your whole grow? 

We are setting up the system to be able to be passive intake with our condo's air and have the capability of going sealed intake with outside air supported by a 6 inch duct fan. 

Thanks for all the cool info

9. Yes. You can use it during both phases (as long as they aren't big liars) mine seem to be flowering nicely so I am happy. I do use a few flowering CFLs in dark places in the tent.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Thanks once again..

11. Well we have an update, however we bring bad news. We lost #1 Today. We think she got burned do to water on her leaves. Rookie mistake on our part. # 2 will be transplanted tomorrow.

With that being said, we are germinating as I write this. We are doing two Nirvana Northen Lights and two Nirvana freebies. We changed our game plan a bit, this time we are using some rapid rooters so we will post some pics tomorrow of the set up.

12. I am sorry for your loss. It is tough. Kind of like when they turn male and you gotta chop. It happens to the best of growers.

I am excited about your others though! Yay for Nirvana I am a big fan! 100% germ with them and as normal everyday person I can tell anyone they are legit.

Rapid rooters are awesome but I go cheap and use Jiffy. 100% germ so far. Rapid rooters are on my wishlist!!! Update us on it all!!!!

13. Thanks so much, we are excited to start some more babys.

Will post some pics later.

14. #54 greenmanaleshi, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
    Update: We now have 4 new babies in our garden, 2 Northern Lights lady's and 2 Freebies....
    We didn't have much time this last week for posting, life intrudes on our growing..... lol

We tried our new prop tray and Rapid Rooters, verdict still out on this method for us at least. We will update as the seedlings progress.

We had one of our NL fem's pop up with one of its cotyledons missing the tip, as well as a two cotyledons growing out of its main steam???

Lemon Head is doing well outside with his herb buddies.

Here is some pics of the babies and their prop tray set up.
    View attachment 138480
    View attachment 138479
    View attachment 138478
    View attachment 138477
    View attachment 138476

Happy Growing

15. Wow that is a weird one! I hope she is AWESOME!!!!!!

16. We talked with AJ from Nirvana, He said it was a mutated seedling that had two seeds inside one shell. He advised us to let it grow a bit then clone the small plant off the main plant.

I just love that nothing is perfect in mother natures world..... lol

17. Perfectly imperfect!

18. Awesome pics! It is so weird looking at mine now and thinking back to when they were just little sprouts!

19. I know right!!!!! When we woke them up I swear one of the Freebies had to grow like a 1 /4 inch. Its amazing!!!!!