Tea

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by SiberianShepherd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. a good spicy black chai.
    or peppermint. Not regular mint, just peppermint.
    or Earl Grey. I haven't had that in a long time.

2. green and mean

🌱

3. I love to take earl grey tea n leave my unwanted stems n shake in the bottom of the coffee pot and cook it for about 3 hours and it is way mellow n tasty

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Some organic genmaicha green tea, cherry bark, dry orange and apple bits, hibiscus, and rose buds. little bit o honey.
    very aromatic and flavorful. not too strong either. perfect.

5. Crazy combo

6. Some more orange/apple peel, hibiscus and rose buds, with some gold ginkgo leaf, and a tspn of fukamushi-sencha yame. Very smooth and tasty tea.

7. i needed something healthy for a good morning wake up, minus caffiene.
    Orange/apple peels. hibiscus and rose buds(this combo adds the nicest fucking flavor to any tea, plus its full of vitamin C)
    Red sage, willow bark, cherry bark, and some rhodiola rosea root.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm drinking a rather nice cup of
    English Breakfast Tea right now.

My favorite is Earl Grey though.

9. Chamomile, Vanilla Bean and Manuka Honey Tea :)
    Goji berry Tea is amazing too and Matcha is Pretty good as well.

I try stay away from Normal Tea leaves because of the high Fluoride content.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm old school, I like my roasted corn and barley tea. Non caffeine and non sweet.

Barley tea has known to be healthy in asian countries, corn just tastes good.

11. Drinking this.
    Rather good actually.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. just made a cup of hibiscus, gold ginkgo, genmaicha, fukamushi yame green tea, some dry orange peels, and honey. soooo tasty and positive :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Anyone have a decent conversion ratio of time between hot and cold brewed tea? Like if I had some tea and it says to steep in boiling water for 5 minutes.. how long would it take the same tea to steep in cold water? I know the heat helps to pull stuff out into the water, but I figure it can't be too far off with longer times in cold water. I know they make tea bags specifically for cold brewing.. but I want to try different blends than what they sell.

14. Interesting question, I've always thought you heat it up first so the boiling water can extract most the goods then let it cool down and place in the fridge/freezer to make iced tea? If id have to guess i'd say 3 - 6 hours whilst and mixing it around time to time.

15. Well I've done some looking around myself.. and it really depends on what you're brewing. They say cold brew tea is typically sweeter as boiling creates a smidge of bitterness.. less caffeine. As long as you let it sit long enough, doesn't really lose flavor. I like brewed tea just fine.. but my favorite that I bought was cold brewed. Can't ever let them get warm though cause it alters the taste to me.. doesn't to some.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I might actually play around with this and do some experimenting. IVe got tons of tea to play with. Results in the near future!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I like black tea, Wuyi Mountain black tea, Yunnan black tea, Yunnan black tea cheaper, Dahongpao very expensive, I recently bought some online Yunnan black tea, I feel very good

18. I like green tea with lemon and honey

19. I got a strainer at Teavana last weekend for under $10. Not especially cheap but less than I was expecting I’d have to pay.