3 Week Old Plant - Yellowing Bottom Leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dankuverymuch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. That kit is exactly what you want.

If she stands at 8" now then yea, I would let her grow a few more inches... unless you're going to LST. If you LST you're going to want to veg longer because the point is to get the foliage on the side to grow up towards the light and create main cola's. Once you've started LST, your 8" plant will all of a sudden be 3" because its laying down.

As far as those hooks.. they just look like some type of copper wire. I use long paperclips... I wouldn't use string or twine just because the paperclips are so much easier. Knot a few of them together to make a long one.

2. Lst will let you veg a fuck of a lot longer. Like 2-3 times longer. Maximize canopy space. With lst and aggressive fimming, you can fill the entire tent with buds. Fat glistening buds.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #23 dankuverymuch, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    Thanks folks,

Going to go to home depot today and grab some copper wires so I can experiment with LST.

Another problem has arisen tho...
    When I opened my grow tent this morning, I noticed the presence of like 5-6 little flying things..I'm not sure what type of bug they are because they're so small.  They don't seem to be on the plants but I'm still paranoid.  Should I do something like grab some Neem oil?

Edit: I just googled fungus gnats to see what they look like..The good news is that I don't think the bugs are fungus gnats..they're way too small...bad news is I don't have any idea what they are.  They literally look like little flying dots.

4. Just be patient with LST. The key is patience, and gradual training. Don't just bend it over all at once... these girls like it slow lol

Sounds like you have gnats. What soil are you using?

5. I wish I could find a link to it so you could see all the details but all I know is that it's called Orchard Natural Potting Soil.

6. Let me school you on potting soil... don't use it... lol that's about it.

it works for some, it doesn't work for some, you never know what you're getting when you get potting soil. Unless you can find sterile soil, which is rare, then you could be buying more than what you've bargained for. Soils contain disease's and fungus eggs and a whole bunch of stuff... Sometimes it doesn't effect you but sometimes it does. I'm not saying this is your problem, but it could be. It really accumulates the more the soil sits out. A lot of stuff live and thrives in potting soil.

I can't remember if you said you transplanted or not. If you haven't, then you can always get a different medium and transplant. I did... and it was the best thing i could have done.

7. #27 dankuverymuch, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    What medium would you recommend?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by transplant.  When I first got the clone, it's roots were incased in a gelatinous cube which I transferred to a pot with soil.

Would I be able to transplat them to a new medium?

8. I mix 1/3 peat-moss, 1/3 perlite, 1/3 vermiculie. Peatmoss is kind of acidic, so you'll want to add a little garden lime. Like 1tbsp per gallon of medium. Lime will raise the pH but you'll still need the pH kit to get it on target.

Peat moss is like soil, except its more.... fluffy and aerated.
    Perlite aerates the mixture even more and promotes healthy drainage
    Vermiculite retains water

It's probably best to watch a video on youtube on transplanting because it might confuse you with words, but i'll try anyways.

Basically, mix up your medium in a wheel barrel or something that will be easy to mix everything in. What size pot are you using? You're going to want a larger pot regardless because its going to make things easier. Put a small amount of new medium in your new pot, then carefully tip your plant upside-down and take all the soil out, carefully trying to keep it all together. Try to get as much of the old soil off as you can without damaging roots...You'll end up keeping like 1/3-1/2 of the old soil regardless, but it'll be buried. Then just set your plant in the new pot, with the new soil and add the new medium to fill up the rest of the pot.

Does that make any sense?

9. Yes it does!  I just ordered the peat-moss, perlite, and vermiculie off of amazon.  Can't wait to test your mixture :).  Is the garden lime necessary or can I use the PH kit to adjust the acidity if its too high?

I'll update the blog once my new stuff comes in and I successfully transplant it!

Just wanted to thank you again for your time and wisdom, Mr. President.  You've been more informative than any of the guides I've found online!

10. Good for you dude. I promise, its gonna hit you when you mix up your new medium... you're gonna be like, why the hell didn't i do this in the first place lol

The lime is just a luxery item. Your pH kit will work fine... i cannot stress enough though. Mix your medium and adjust the pH FIRST before transplanting! (its simply easier to adjust now rather than after, it won't hurt the plant either way, just make it better)

Thank you very much for the kind words man. I really appreciate it. We're all here to help and I'm glad I could be of service. I subcribed so i'll be checking it out here and there. PM me if you have and direct questions.

p.s.

will you be starting an official grow log? or have you already?

11. Subb'd as well!