Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mucinex + Weed??

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cjoII, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Hey just wondering if Mucinex and bud will do anything to me? 

I took two Mucinex, and have to go to work soon, keep in mind iv'e never really had allergies they just started this year so I just wanna make sure i can still toke without any bad side effects or anything.

2. Don't quote me as I am obviously not a doctor, but I have taken mucinex before and smoked and had no weird effects...Usually I will cough more when I smoke and have taken mucinex because it's an expectorant. 

marijuana doesn't interact with any other drug...it won't do anything pot doesn't do by itself and it won't change the 'OTHER DRUG'  (gc has rules on discussion of OTHER DRUGS...best to remove that name reference.)

4. You aren't supposed to take more then one as they stay in your system for a full 24 hours..

I'm actually sick right now and took ONE and smoked before bed. Still here.

5. I'm pretty sure talking about OTC medications is okay

We can't actually say that.  It's a medicine.  Medicines do things, have effects.  There is zero evidence that marijuana is some magical substance that has no drug interactions.  And until we can get actual research done, we have to just hope, and proceed with caution.  Fucking schedule 1  :mad:

Actually, there are immediate release formulations that are q6h, and also extended release that are q12h.

7. I'd be more concerned about the smoke aggravating the congestion rather than pot interfering with the mucinex.

Haha, yeah, there is that.

logical fallacy...you do not prove negatives. There is no proof it interacts...

10. "we don't know of any interactions" is TOTALLY different to "There aren't any interactions."  You said the latter.  And there is absolutely no evidence of that.  I can say that tylenol doesn't have interactions with my antidepressant medication, because I know that.  But I can't say that weed has no interactions with my antidepressant medication, because I don't know that.  I can say, "I've not observed any negative interactions for me between weed and my antidepressant medication."  But I can't make an absolute statement like, "weed doesn't interact with Cymbalta" (so I certainly can't say it doesn't interact with ANY medication) because that's not a known.

It most certainly does react with certain unmentionables...

Although the vast majority of them are non-reactive...

12. whatever don't mix it with alcohol

13. you might get higher since it has dxm in it

14. the anti-depressants are slowly killing you and your sex drive. CONGRATULATIONS

15. I'm sorry but some people go out of their way to find the things that marijuana interacts with.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Ive taken mucinex many times.

Shit always makes me drowsy as fuck, like eyes rollin back in head, drunk bastard slurred speech type shit, eyes all heavy.

It lasts for many hours.

I couldnt imagine takin that shit with mary j. I only take it as a last resort when my lungs say to me, this is it asshole, time to go...

17. Smoking cannabis works as an expectorant for me and decreases congestion. The expectorant effect seems to counteract any irritation caused by the smoke.

18. If you are talking about medical Mucinex DXM than you're fine. If you're talking about recreational doses of DXM then enjoy your crawling around on the floor projectile vomiting and hallucinating fractals :eek: