David Goldstein (Rooster Apparatus) vs Kind Creations

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by TokeyMontana, Apr 10, 2014.

1. #1 TokeyMontana, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    In your honest opinion which do you think is better. Im going to purchase a new bubbler in 2weeks or so and I'm either getting a Goldstein (Bubbler) or Kind Creations (K- unit). GIVE ME YOUR INTAKE! PEACE!  :smoke:

2. #2 Sweendog, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    My Defi bubbler is my favorite I've hit. It's all personal preference really, I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about the DGs. Seems like they may have been hyped because I never see them anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpCA7u-e8K0

3. i have a dg.

i have never hit or really seen kind creations so i cant say which is better.

if you were dead set on a fritted disc, i would go dg. he makes a good fritt.

but my question to you is, are you sure you want a fritted disc perc?

for your consideration,

-have you ever hit a fritted disc?
    -it is very unique and if u can i would recommend trying one, even just a pull off of one, before making your decision.
    -the design is also very dependant of the pull speed. meaning the harder you pull, the more diffusion magic will happen with the bubbles. you need to understand that you will not pull as hard when you have a nice ground up bowl loaded in it, so less magic will happen, if you will.
    -it has a male joint. which is good for concentrates, but imo not so good for flower. it makes you use glass filters and a adapter, which adds height. by the time i put on the adapter, a carbon filter and bowl, its as tall as the full sized piece..
    -i have found that the fritted disc requires the most maintenance out of all of my glass. the diffusion is so great that it gets very dirty very fast. im talking like a dozen or so rips, then it is to a point where i would want to clean it. so its not a great choice for a daily driver.
    -another "issue" is the fritted disc retains water after you try to pour it out. so after i clean my dg and put it away, days to weeks later i pull it out to find that it smells like shit. even trying to blow the water out of the disc did not help with this problem. so now after i clean the dg, i just leave iso in it until im ready to use it again, kind of a pain in the ass.

so ive found, fritted discs MAY be more trouble than theyre worth.

i do like my dg, but not as a daily driver.

you can find "similar" performance from from non fritted discs percs, like sweendogs sweet defi bubbler up there, that require less maintenance. which is something worth considering.

holla at me if you have any questions or comments

peace

4. Im probably going to go with the Kind Creation Bubbler (it's cheaper too and the reviews are great). I still in the future want to get a Goldstein and on his website for the longest time he has had pics of bongs that are coming soon and they look pretty sick, but yeah I have heard they take more maintenance than a normal piece. Well thanks! I'm going to put a picture up when it I get it.

5. right on man, id like to see pics of what you chose.

hopefully it comes before the 20th :smoke:

peace