What is the best book series youve read?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by gasoline.kitty, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Probably everybody that comes to this Reading section knows what I'm going to say- Stephen King's Dark Tower series -seven fat ass books of wonderment -It has been my favorite read for years

2. Brian Jacques The Red Wall series. but all his books are amazing.

Guardians of Ga'Hoole!

The S.D perry resident evil series

(those are from my childhood, i havent read a book series in a long time :D)

3. #24 Cawdswallup, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
    Obviously Harry Potter needs to be mentioned.

Despite the books being for kids, the story, setting, and characters work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Forgotten Realms by R.A. Salvatore
    Dark Tower by Stephen King

• Like Like x 1
  5. I haven't read for like 13 years, but

Goosebumps by R.L. Stine

Omega369

6. Artemis foul is also a good series,

And series of unfortunate events (the book series) also very good.

7. like ive said though, i stopped reading fiction series in like...the 6th grade haha, so my suggestions may be dated, although i still think they would be fun to read.

8. The dark tower series by Stephen king is amazing!!!! By far the best book series I've ever read

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. The Dark Tower by Stephen King
    The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott

10. DARK TOWER...there are other worlds then this :hippie:

11. The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher - His writing style is one of the most down to earth you will encounter. The first book is much more slow than any of the others but gives you a good idea of what the series is all about. Faeries, Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Ghosts, Vampires, and Wizards are what you can expect from this series. My favorite are the Fallen Angels. 14 books are currently out.

The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson - The books focus around mutliple points of view so you can see how everything unfolds. So many awesome things happen from book to book you'll be glad you picked up the series. They are a big long but don't be intimidated. You'll likely pick it up and get swept away by both male and female wizards alike. My only complaint with the series is that it often feels "dragged out" for much longer than required.

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin.(Game of Thrones) - I highly suggest reading these books. The HBO inspired series does a fantastic job of showing you largely what's in the books but there are some changes here and there. If you don't want to go back and read the whole series then I suggest picking up A Feast for Crows (even though I dislike this installment most) and start reading from there. The problem with this series in general is that so many people die off that it's get old after awhile. The political dishevel takes much too long to sort out to the point where you often wonder how can things still be like they are.

Dune by Frank Herbert, Brian Herbert, and Kevin J Andersen - You've likely seen the movie before but there's nothing quite like reading the book. The first 3 or 4 books by Frank are amazing! The following work done by Brian and Kevin are also really good but it takes a few novels for them to really come into thier own and do the series justice. The great thing about Dune is that there are all sorts of themes and ideals that you'll pick out that give the series more depth and make it easier to relate to.

• Like Like x 1
  12. the necroscope series. it is a kick ass vampire story that is very unique, very graphic and written extremely well. not like the teenie bopper style where everyone is falling in love with vampires that happen to be good creatures that are simpley misunderstood. this is a kick ass, bloody adventure full of ass kicking destruction.
    here is the wiki:  http://necroscope.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

13. The Blood Jewels series by Anne Bishop

14. The Harry Potter series. No joke, my favorite series!

15. I came in here to say this series right here.

fucking blood, gore, death, mayhem, good times, fucking small critters n shit

dude

i fucking loved that series 

16. The Border trilogy by Cormac McCarthy.

I'm going to be sad when that man dies.

17. Everyone who smokes should read The King Killer Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss  first book is called the name of the wind, best fantasy series since WOT

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. For a real good giggle Terry Pratchet's "Discworld", for non stop page turning rapture Elizabeth Moon's "The Deed of Paksenarrion",
    a childhood favourite that will never ever be lent.