Nirvana Northern Lights and Blue Mystic feminized 600w Soil *2nd Attempt*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TeddyB, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Hope everyone is having a nice Summer! I really wish it wasn't too late to throw some girls outside to finish, but it is and it would just be a waste.

I wanted to show off the girls as they sit right now, my veg period is coming to an end because the plants are getting ultra developed and doing some strange things because they wanted to flower already.

Here is the Blue Mystic clone, which I have cloned it to keep the genes going:
    BlueMystic_vegtoflower.jpg

Here is the old Northern Lights clone, which I have not cloned yet because of the traits this plant shows. I think I could do better with the new NL plant:
    NL_vegtoflower.jpg

Here is the new Northern Lights girl, she is really branching out and growing like CRAZY! There are some strange traits with these Northern Lights plants from this feminized 5-pack...this plant in particular did something I have never seen before. After she got about 2 1/2 ft tall instead of making another node, she just made many many many leaves and branches at the top. I didn't FIM, top, or LST her she did this on her own. Almost as if she'd decided she was too tall and FIM'ed herself:
    NewNL_vegtoflower.jpg

The new NL just might end up being like the old NL and have many long thin branches with only a tiny cola at the end of each. I could see her doing this, but I hope not. I will find out within the next few weeks, because I am going to start flowering again here within a couple days.

2. #82 TeddyB, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    Well, here I am about a week into flowering and A FAMILY MEMBER started arguing with me yesterday out in my driveway and they threatened to call the pigs about my girls. I can't believe this shit happened with my own family member...just a prime example of my family's "Holier than thou" outlook on pot and drugs in general, FOR SURE! The sick, sad, and twisted part of the deal is that my family, they're all alcoholics! But alcohol is LEGAL, they say! GOD FORBID I stay away from drinking, because I've seen a whole lot of family members DIE of long term alcohol related illnesses, and smoke my green stanky plants to manage my SEVERE pain! If I would just drink like all of them I would be fine! And my family is fuckin' STRANGE, some of my aunts and uncles are feuding for over 25 years and haven't even spoken in all that time! Even better, I asked her what she would rather me do for my excruciating pain and she told me GO TO THE PAIN CLINIC LIKE THE REST OF US! Half of my family goes to a pain management doctor who is a QUACK, and he injects their bum knees with voodoo backwoods witchdoctor shit like "chicken cartelidge" while he writes them scripts for Opana, Oxycodone IR pills, and major strong narcotics like that! I got in with a similar doctor after I had a bad car accident in 2001, and I literally almost didn't make it out of that doctors alive they had me on such strong medicine that it quickly turned me into a junky...I was getting the old oxycontin pills, and I had to end up going to rehab twice to fix my opiate addiction. Now my family member is telling me I need to go back to a pain doctor and NOT GROW POT for my pain...what a crock of SHIT!

WITH FAMILY LIKE THIS, WHO NEEDS ENEMIES???

I can't help but to notice the similarities between what happened yesterday with this whole situation and what happened during my 3rd solo indoor grow back when I finally got my own HPS light and set up a grow cab at my old house. Up before this point me and my best friend would borrow lights off of another guy and we would give him some of the buds for letting us use his equipment, but I saved up and got my own light at this time and built a nice big grow cab out of a large metal medical cabinet. One night during the 3rd grow I had plans to go out drinking with another longtime friend. I told him when he got to my house, to just pull in the driveway and beep the horn, I'd be out. A couple hours go by and right when I thought he wasnt going to show up, he literally appeared out of nowhere! His big fat head poked through my open window and his eyes lit up with excitement when he saw a cabinet full of 3 1/2 week flowering plants. Instead of beeping when he pulled in, he took the liberty to just walk around the back of my house and sticks his head in my window as I was watering the plants in my grow cab. It was hot that night, so I was airing it out at the time. After all, I lived out in the middle of nowhere so keeping the windows open when it was hot wasn't abnormal that time of year...well after he saw that, he thought it was the coolest thing ever! That was all he talked about the whole way to the bar, was my big beautiful budding plants. I told him to just forget all about what he saw, and shortly after that point in time if I was allowed to continue on with my work, we'd be smoking the buds anyway in a couple months, I pretty much just told him to shut up about it and we went drinking but he wasn't one to just leave well enough alone...

While we were at the bar I saw him talking to some nasty little chubby Treasure Troll-looking chick, she was BUTT NASTY but my old friend wasn't exactly the ladies man himself so she was right up his alley.  They hit it off, and next thing I know they called "last call" at the bar and my "friend" was nowhere to be found. Keep in mind I wasn't driving this night, I rode with my "friend". Here I called him to see what was going on and he said he was eating at McDonald's with that fat chick about 10 miles away! I said well what the hell am I supposed to do I'm completely across town from my house, and he said to walk home. I told him that it was pretty messed up he left me at the bar to take Miss Piggy out to eat, and he got pissed off. I hung up, because I had more pressing matters as to how I was going to get home. I found a guy who lived in my area of town, and he said he wanted $20 for a ride home when I lived on the exact same road he was going to drive down anyway to get to his home! What a dick...but I was shit out of luck and I had no other options so I paid the man. As soon as he started up his car I knew I was in trouble because he was so piss drunk he struggled to get out of the bars parking lot! Then the whole way home I was clenching my cheeks as he drove like a total maniac, almost wrecking every ten seconds on the way home....then I finally got home, I made it! At this point I was pretty well exhausted, so I sat down to gather myself, and took my shoes off thinking "what a fucked up night..." when out of nowhere my phone started ringing non stop. I looked and it was my "friend" from earlier in the night who had stranded me at the bar and he wouldn't stop calling so I finally answered it and said "WHAT do you WANT, asshole?!?!", when my "friend" said "Hey dickhead, I'm down at the police station and officer Hxxxxxxy wants to talk to you about what you got in your cabinet at your house! Here, hold on he wants to talk to you about it...." and he gave the phone to someone who started talking and he sounded just like the local "drug cop"!

I hung that phone the fuck up REAL QUICK and started hacking my plants which were 3 1/2 weeks into flowering and didn't have much bud because they were just starting to add weight. I had Northern Lights, my personal all time Nirvana favorite- Hindu Kush, I had even got some White Rhino to grow for me this run as well which was something of a miracle because it never liked the soil I planted it in and always died early and looked really sickly but these three were growing really well. I had all kinds of plants going which were all about 2 1/2 ft tall. It was my 3rd run of Nirvana seeds from back when I first started, and here I was chopping it down waaaay too early. I ended up with about a quarter oz off of each of the 10 plants I had, I stashed the bud in the garage, then I hacked up the stems and buried the plants in my back yard in a panic at 3:30 AM this night because of my "friend" who wasn't able to keep a secret for longer than 5 hours about something as potentially life changing as getting in trouble for growing pot! I was drunk and thought the cops were showing up any minute, but here the ASSHOLE was just fucking around with me about it and the person he put on the phone was supposedly his cousin. We didn't talk for about 4 years after he pulled this little stunt and cost me LOTS of damn MONEY! We finally ended up hanging out for a little bit years later, but things between us were NEVER the same, I didn't trust him at all with anything.

A couple years after we started speaking again he got on heroin really bad and had just started shooting himself up, he had always made someone else do it to him up until this point, and he overdid it one weekend while he was out partying for days on a massive cocaine and heroin binge, when he walked into his house and dropped dead of a brain aneurysm. I feel bad he passed away and all, but damn did he pull some messed up shit back when we were supposedly "close friends". I would NEVER threaten someone with something as heavy as ratting on them for growing a little bit of herb!! EVER! But some people just look for an excuse to get you in trouble like my own family is doing now. It makes me sick! They look for something to hold against you, and as soon as they are able to REALLY FUCK WITH YOU, they whip that out! "Oh, well how about I call the cops and tell them what you have going on down there?"!

I am going to just chop everything today, and that way they cannot threaten me over the shit any longer. It has to be done, or else they are going to keep this up, and the whole reason that they even know about it is because I rent the house off of them...my washing machine has been acting up and breaking lately, and that caused this whole mess. I told them not to send a repair man, because I had something in the basement I didn't want them nosing into, and she came over my house a week later while I wasn't home and helped herself into my basement to see what I was talking about. I find it pretty damn ironic that she has a sudden problem with this, when SHE LET ME USE HER CREDIT CARD YEARS AGO TO ORDER MY FIRST HPS LIGHT I EVER BOUGHT OFF THE INTERNET! HAH! How about THAT? She drinks every single day, and that is fine....but if I smoke a little herb to ease my pain then I am a criminal..

I hope they change these stupid fuckin pot laws in the USA here before long. They need to remove it from Schedule One ASAP!!! If doctors are writing recommendations for pot then obviously it HAS some medical benefit! The government is just acting stupid about all this pot business because pot is exactly that....BIG business for the private jail sector of the economy. The jails will be taking a huge hit if we all of the sudden legalize or decriminalize pot, and the lobbyists who control our senators and congressmen and women CAN NOT let that happen!! They say "well, what about the poor pot cop who spent his entire life training on how to eradicate this menace crop? What will they do to provide for their families?", when I say LET THEM WORK SECURITY FOR LARGE OUTDOOR OPERATIONS for people who can afford to plant top quality buds as a main crop. The pigs can help keep rippers away or something! This madness needs to end, because now here I am with a bad back and two bad knees, unable to grow my medicine until it either becomes legal, I get enough money to move to Colorado, or the most likely option that I move out and get a different place and take the risk of that land lord finding out....what a bunch of shit to put your own flesh and blood through, I'll TELL ya...I am so PISSED OFF today about all of this, I haven't been able to sleep one bit because I don't know if that unstable nitwit is going to call the cops or not...I just have an urgent rush to cleanse the basement just in case because I have never been in any big trouble, just stupid small things thru my life and I can't let something like this totally ruin my life

3. Hey did you ever figure out the ovule thing? Have been having same thing for 2 years with my strains. Tiny green balls inside every calyx that eventually turn brown. Mine are like yours in that there’s defiantly no hermies or male pollen around and these specks are inside each and every calyx every single time. They never grow in size but go from green to brown as the plant matures. Mine do crackle somewhat when smoking and don’t like this. Others notice it sometimes too. Do yours crackle a bit..like especially on first hit or two of a bowl? And can you recommend a strain that doesn’t have such large ovules? These ovules are a pinhead dot size but just too big. They crackle. Really wanting to find a strain with very tiny ovules that aren’t noticed when smoked and wondering why this is an issue that seems to be a real pain in the ass in recent years.