Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

whats a good marijuana strain for anxiety and depression(list of strains)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by johncoo6, Mar 21, 2014.

1. i would try the "kush" strains.. if you are looking for one. 
    they are typically strong, with a mild, sedative feel.

don't overdo it. 

2. This Agent Orange I have really mellows me the fuck out.

3. #23 Twistedweather, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
     I have found Grape Ape and Dutch treat to be relaxing indicas
     alot of good strain breakdowns on this site http://www.leafly.com/

4. I have a friend that has AO as a staple in his garden and he swears by it for alleviating depression he told me the truck is to not smoke heavy though smoke lightly so that you get buzzed and not stoned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I think purple strains are usually relaxing.

Definite bump for cbd strains. I smoke harlequin almost exclusively for pain because it doesn't get me ridiculously high but helps with the pain. I've noticed that it is a powerful anti-anxiety medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. GDP and purple urkle

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7.   Repost cause you guys are still stuck and behind 

8. white widow will be good for you  :bongin:

9. Try something with a High Sativa during the Day, and an Indica at night. I like Greencrack personally, don't be fooled by the name, it's pure cannabis medicine. Look it up

Sent from my Tree of Wisdom

10. thanks, i will try this. 

11. I have severe anxiety and depression as a result of bipolar disorder. Sativa is the only thing that works for me, My anxiety is gone.

12. lambsbread mango is a good one..

13. For me a nice indica does the job. Never been big on sativas.

anything with OG genetics helps anxiety, atleast for me.

mmmm lams bread is my favorite sativa and i dislike sativas alot

14. granddaddy purp
    purple kush
    purple crack

i personally don't recommend sativas because they are more likely to induce paranoia. Indica for anxieties and depression (i have both) imo  :smoke:

15. That sound about like this site. Weed is going to save the world from
    Everything evil.

Of course, many people experience sativas the same way.

I should have specified that what I was talking about was the trend I was seeing. A lot of my anxiety patient get much worse anxiety with energetic sativas, a smaller portion find them anti-anxiety.

There are so many unique reactions to the same strain of cannabis. Jack Herer for example, the vast majority of people find very very stimulating, but maybe 1 in 20 go right to sleep on it.

17. Well, white widow and purple kush. 

18. The closest strain you can get that is pure Indicia like Kush. OG Kush.

mhmm i've found the higher the thc and less cbd, cbl, cbn ect other cannibinoids present = more anxiety.

20. [quote name="Lebowski" post="19729047" timestamp="1395533666"]From my experience, the information on Leafly is a bunch of hogwash. According to them, pretty much every strain is good for every ailment.

haha so true

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Grasscity Forum mobile app