WorkingMans Redneck Paradise

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by WorkingMan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Hey All,

Just s quick shout out, I started clearing spots today. I've got a little chunk of land here in the Heartland with some nooks and crannies that are just begging to produce. 

I've got 3 spots picked out for photos, and 2-4 picked out for Autos. The photos are getting tucked away a little deeper in the brush, (I had a Ripper 2 years ago) and the Autos are getting placed in full sun for the early run, a few may get tucked with photos, and there is a spot I'm eyeing for a later set of autos.

A couple more weeks of pruning then digging some holes, getting some mix in, and I'll be all set.

I'm not sure on the menu yet, I've got 3 orders of seeds coming, once it's all here, I'll get them all out on the table and see what will be happiest in what spots and go from there. This is my first time with purchased seeds, it's always been from my best winter bag.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd introduce myself and let you folks know I'm here. I'll keep you posted as things progress, and thanks in advance for the help I'll be asking for...   :hello:

WM 

2. I couldn't spend much time clearing the new spot today, but I did get in and clear some underbrush out. Here's a few pics to show the cover. I'm going in and out through a game trail right now, kind of making tracks. I'll put a brush pile here when I'm done setting plants and then go in and out through the creek bed. To bad it dries up... :(

There is a lot of standing dead trees here, I'm leaving them up if they are solid, It's going to be a Sativa spot, so I may use them for supports as well as cover. I'll make sure they are solid, so they don't come down on the girls...

WM

Attached Files:

3. Image #1 is how I'm going in and out for now, I'll put a brush pile here when the plot is all setup to hide the trail.
    Image #2 is the way in during season but you still have to crawl under the brush, I'm seriously considering a camouflaged water drum with a hose running through the thicket to a place where I can pump water in. There is enough activity involving assorted equipment that no one would notice it it's done properly. I think it would be the best move, If I do it right I can have the drum full all the time so I don't have to worry about every watering.
    The rest are shots from inside the thicket. 

Any thoughts on using this area for Kailmist? Any thoughts on this area? Come on, I'm a big boy,(Old Man) I can take it...

The area looks pretty good WorkingMan!  But just a couple of thoughts:  When you say "enough activity involving assorted equipment"...it concerns me.  You want an area where no other swingin dick is gonna set foot all season.  You may also want to reconsider your strain choice regarding the Kalimist.  Kalimist is a sativa that finishes in November...if you get an early frost  you could be screwed.  Check your almanac and choose a strain that will finish in time.

On the activity:
    It will be me and my family taking care of the yard and such, along with a few close friends that stop by regularly. They are all good folks but they still won't know whats going on in the thicket.

As far as the Kali, yep, I screwed up. I had some, loved it, and ordered a 6 pack. The spot will be somewhat frost protected, but you are right, I'm concerned about to selection. Any suggestions as a replacement? I can probably trade these with an indoor grower for some clones of whatever the flavor is when the time comes, but I really wanted the Kali....

6. Raining here in the Heartland. I took the chance to go dig some holes for the early auto flowers. 4 holes with great morning/afternoon and evening sun in the spring, then as the season marches on they will get shade later in the day.

I was pleased with what I found, nice dark bottom soil down to at least 2 feet deep, lots of worms, and even with the spring run off water flowing at full capacity the holes have very little water gathering in them. I also went with a dose of 13/13/13 granular fertilizer in the bottom, sides, and fill pile of the earth, just to get something in there and settled for the big day. I'll get some pro-mix in the holes soon and blend in the rest of the dirt, getting the whole pile elevated just a bit, and get some natural mulch from the area on it all, and them wait for the weather to tell me to get busy.

Like they taught me in Boy Scouts,
    Be Prepared... 

7. I guess what I'm saying it that if someone notices someone has had a golf cart or sprayer over by the thicket, no one would think twice about it. 

8. The payment I sent to Serious Seeds just cam back in the mail, undelivered. It's a USPS money order, and it's for the Kalimist and a couple others.  I'm sure I did something wrong, but I've still got time. 

I wonder if this is my sign to go another direction?
    WM

9. #9 OldPork, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014

What amount of postage did you put on it?  New international letter rates are $1.15

10. #10 WorkingMan, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    IMAG1163.jpg Well now, I found a nice surprise awaiting me after a rough night at work....   :)

11. On the Seedman order, The address was wrong, not sure how it happened... Stoners.... I need to rethink the Kalimist. I need an alternative with that nice clear HIGH. 

12. I just got my first ordered seeds too. I used herbies. Yeah your spot looks good.I'm going autoflowers this year, never grown them before. If your looking at other autos to get check out Buddha magnum, I have looked and researched countless hours. It's supposedly killer smoke and the most productive, highest yielding auto ever. But also trying my freebies out( photos) strawberry blue, and Hawaiian skunk haze. I know what you mean about the weather. I'm in the mountains. About tired of the warm then freezing weather all in one day crap. I like your drum idea. I would do that myself but I'm going deep, I tend to find nearby water somehow though. Can'wait to see your progress. I am about to start a grow journal myself soon after I order some more and get rest of my supplies. Just few more weeks forme then start indoors and it on! Good luck bro.

13. Oh I forgot a grow of the magnums I saw guy said it's killer high but your productive. He cleaned his house till 1 am after first time smoking it. Lol. If you want a link to the grow for infogI've me a shout. It's what turned me on to the strain even though his was indoor grow.

14. Im going to have to try the Budda Magnum then, sounds like just what I like. 

It's warming up here and the sun is bright so I'm headed out to the thicket for some cleaning. With all the winter snow off I can really get through the brush with ease, but I need to get it all done before it starts to green up or I'll have a freaking mess to get through.

I'm a little concerned about the placement of my little auto garden, but the soil is so rich there. 

15. Drug some brush, dug some holes, spread some wood ash, all with the Sun on my back.

It's good to be a Redneck..

16. Yeah I need to get my spots prepped before the greening too. I think I may get on that tomorrow. I have my plan just got to stick to it. I'm trying to have my autos done by June 30. Prior to copters searching time. In and out before anyone looks for it. I'm looking into short stuff #1 and polinating 10 of em for a seed supply for a massive discreet grow in the near future. They only get 10 to 15 inches tall and 14-36 grams each, but grow say 100 of em; that adds up and grow in 63 days from seed. I know so many factors to decide when picking strains and locations can be mind boggling. I always say there is no such thing as being too safe. Go though your plan many times and refine it if need be. But always be on schedule with what needs done. But from sounds of it your on track. Dark rich soil is the place to be. I used miracle gro moisture control soil the other year when transplanting, it was great for if I couldn't get to them for 4-7 days for water they were good.

17. But my photo plants I'm putting them deep in the woods. Only putting high yielder photo plants out this year; 4 or 5 of them.

18. I grabbed some Pro Mix yesterday, I hope to sneak out and throw some in the holes I have dug and mix it in a bit. Then I'll get back into the thicket and drag some more brush out. I think I see room to do 4 plants, making sure there is some room to tie them down. What I want to grow here finishes late and grows tall, So, I'm thinking I'll try getting them situated where they get heavy shade early in the evening, a bit earlier in the season, maybe I can trick them a bit? And by tying them down, If an early frost is predicted, I may be able to sneak out and cover them for the evening. I gotta have some Kalimist in my medicine cabinet. 

Next up will be to get the cages ready for the autos, I don't want the hungry critters eating the babes.  With the first set I'm getting some frost protection ready and in the area, probably leaves from last fall and some straw, so if I can't get to them in the morning they won't get burnt if it heats up.

Okay, 2 mugs of Joe and a Breakfast bowl... Time to get at it....

wm

19. Just came into the house for a snack and a bowl. 10 holes ready to go, (2 different sites 1 auto garden and one photo spot that's been used before) more brush drug out of the thicket, a load of firewood split up for next winter, and some general clean-up performed. I'm not gonna be worth a shit come Monday...  :smoke:

20. Finished my day, lots of friends out and about in the afternoon, so work on the gardens had to stop. 10 spots ready, wood ash, 13/13/13, pro mix and peat moss in 6 of them that seemed wet, and 4 that were near perfect got the same without the peat. More brush was pulled from the thicket, and some peat moss was carried in there for future use. I've still got some cutting to do yet, then there is one more spot to get ready, (maybe 2 :))

Plenty of wood got cut up, rode the trail bike with the neighbors a bit, and realized I need to go buy some smoke... (fauk)

I'll sleep good tonight... :)