Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. I like the structure of this girl and as far as the growth it is about normal. The look it has is from my LST'ing her. I'll be flipping her to 11 on and 13 off in the next week or two. It depends on when I take down the last two ladies I have. They are 3M and 3Elders and are sativa leaning girls so I like to let them go a little longer if I can.

2. She looks good.

3. Yesterday I transplanted the pheno hunt plants into gallon pots. In a couple more weeks I should be able to start sexing them. All males will be eliminated.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. I got all the teenagers moved to their flower areas and this made room for the next set of teenagers. I moved the 8 tweeners into the teenager area late yesterday just before lights turned off. This run will have Coot's Grail, Nocturnal, 3M, Blue Orca, Goblin Girl, Goblin Queen, 3Elders and Durbin Bubble. Durbin Bubble is in the front row on the left. She is ahead of the rest of them so I'm keeping her in the 2 gallon pot to slow her down. I'll be moving all of these to 5 gallons pots in 3-4 weeks.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Some of you may know that I'm always looking to add to my older genetic seed collection. I have been fortunate enough to come across two more of those old genetics. The first one is a cultivar named Jihad. Jihad is a cross between some '78 Afghani and the UofDub clone. The Uof Dub clone came from the University of Washington and is itself an Afghani cultivar. This should create some nice seeds when breed to my old males that are mainly Thai stick genetics. The other cultivar I got is named Afgooey. This is a cross an Afghani crossed to Maui Haze. Again this is an old cultivar that should get some interesting seeds when paired to my old males.

[​IMG]

Jihad is on the left and Afgooey is on the right. I have 2 more cuttings that haven't rooted yet but they are old genetics too and different from these. When and if they root I'll be showing pictures of them.

6. Hiya Pak,

I got a hold of some U-Dub clones about 6 months ago. Mrs. Chunk really likes this strain for pain management. Looks like your seed hunt program is coming along nicely.

7. I grew U-Dub through most of the 90s. I liked the cultivar and hope to get that again someday to add to my genetic collection. At least Jihad is one cross removed from U-Dub so if don't get U-Dub then I'll have the next closest genetics. I do have my eye on some U-Dub but until it is rooted and in the tweener area it doesn't count.

8. Hey Pak looking good and love your approach to gardening...
    I know you touched on this awhile ago although I can't remember ...how has legalized mj changed the rules for medical growers and caregivers? Also how has it affected the street prices of mj? I'm thinking Massachusetts is heading in the same direction...🏽

9. Picked up some Sour Lemon V2 at the canna cup I'm itchy to get started but I'm still tight on space so I've got to do more planning..
    BNW

10. The legislature has changed the MMJ rules with the vote for recreational marijuana. They are putting in place a registry that MMJ card holders can sign up for. If you do register then you will be allowed to grow 4 plants and have 6 ounces of buds. There is a condition if approved by health care practitioner to grow up to 15 plants and have 16 ounces of bud. Basically the move is to have better control of the distribution of MMJ. The prices have come down some on the streets according to those I know who buy it. These new MMJ laws go into effect on July 1, 2016. There are some additional rules regarding designed providers and some rules addressing up to 4 person cooperatives. The current MMJ dispensaries must become licensed or close.

Changes to MMJ rules in Washington state

Isn't that always the issue, not enough space. [​IMG]

11. What a difference 5 days make in the pheno hunt plants. Hopefully I'll be able to start sexing them soon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've started the rotation last weekend so I thought I would show my flower areas.

Flower area 1

[​IMG]

Flower area 2

[​IMG]

13. #2893 dlsmokes, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016
    Oh yeah, its nice to ne amongst family, and their gardens... [​IMG][​IMG]
    The cellar dweller does it again. Nothing better than a lil inspiration [​IMG]
    Great job LoLo!

You know ive always wanted to commend you on the way you keep up with your perpetual garden. I recently had a rookies mistake, tryingcto xplant to early. Pushed me right into te Notill zone lol ;) good to be peeling in on ya Growmie Lo.
    [​IMG] y

14. It took me a few runs to get more in sync with what you call a perpetual garden. I had thrown in a few variables with my switch to mixing my own soil and gathering some decent cultivars for the cellar. I don't think I got the soil down for about a year. Lots of experimenting and learning with those first few mixes but my soil seems to be working.

You know that not all marijuana plants grow the same way. There is generalities with growing but is comes with uniqueness that you have to learn from growing. So I'm still learning from each run. This last run I had to battle spider mites and powdery mildew. I did okay with the PM and I was able to reduce the mites. This run seems to be looking good but it is still early and I know PM starts to become a real problem around 5-6 weeks into flower. I'm not seeing any signs of it so I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be PM free.

You know I transplant from 4" to gallon to 2 gallon and finally 5 gallon pots. Looking back on my records it looks like I leave the girls in 4" pot from 3-4 weeks. For gallon and 2 gallon pots it is about 4 weeks. Once in the 5 gallon pots it is about 6-8 weeks before they get flipped. Then they are flipped for 8-10 weeks. That's almost 7-8 months to grow them. Having them in stages of babies, tweeners, teenagers and ladies makes for a harvest every 8-10 weeks.

I don't get much bud per plant due to the ceiling restrictions so if I went 7-8 months before harvesting I would run out of bud between harvests.

15. Pretty damn on point to me! Im just trying to get back in the groove. I love coming here though, you can always count on real dialog ;)

:smoke: y

16. If anything that I share is of value to you then I'm glad to pass on my experience. I'll cruise through your neighbor in the near future. Looking forward to seeing some big ladies in the BBR.

17. I was just thinking to myself.. Haven't seen LoLo in a minute. That's why i had to come check you out. You know your my guy ;)
    :smoke: y

18. Hi everyone!! I'm whitelump I still gotta catch up on this thread but Im about to start another cycle and want to make sure im on the right track...I'm still pretty new to organics and lady lucky bean suggested I come get some advice from you all so Im in 5 gal hime depot buckets and I started with the easy organic soil mix for beginners. This will be my 3rd cycle in this soil so I thought it was time to reammend. The only thing I added last cycle was lava rock because I think I needed better drainage. This go round I added per cubic foot 1/4 cup dolomite lime a small amount of earth worm castings I harvested from my worm bin, 1 cup rock dist because I didn't add enough initially 1 cup kelp meal, 1/4 cup alfalfa meal 1/4 cup neem cake, 1/4 cup crab meal and 1/4 cup Dr earth organic dry fertilizer. And a couple cups of biochar. After i mixed it i sprinkeled dutch white clover cover crop seeds and lightly tilled into the top layer then gathered rotting leaves and soft crumbly rotting logs from the woods and fan leaves from my last harvest and put a heavy layer on top as mulch does this sound right? Ant suggestions? I have 2 buckets that I only added biochar to so if I topdress them with ewc do I move the mulch or put it on top of the mulch? Well can't wait to catch up on here 🌱🌱🌴🌴

19. A 5 gallon bucket is just short of a cubic foot (7.5 gallons/cubic foot) but those amounts should be okay. Mulch should go on top and top dressing should go on top of the dirt but below the mulch. The mulch services 2 purposes. The first is moisture retention so the top dirt doesn't dry out. The second it to keep female fungus gnats from getting to the soil to lay their eggs.

Like everything in growing pay attention to what you do and how the plants respond to it. Think about all the information you have read and apply it to improve your results. It takes time to learn to grow this herb but with forums like this you save yourself decades of mistakes.

Welcome to the journal and feel free to ask questions, post comments and/or pictures.

20. Her mix has been growing great. She was interesting in no till but I thought her buckets would do better with just recycling. She was curious about how much of her recipe she is supposed to add back. I thought half of what she started but I have never done it. I thought the way you grew would really work for her. You've always helped me so I thought it was pretty obvious where to point her.