MMJ in Florida. Lets plan early

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by poorbuffalo15, Feb 21, 2014.

1. I would like to put a team together to start a mmj dispensary in Florida. Yea, I know that's big dreaming but dreams come true and if you have the passion, desire, and have the ability to work as a team for a common goal, then it can be done.

If there is anyone interested in putting our resources together to get what is needed to have a quality application to the state next year, post what you got.

2. We haven't even voted on it yet. Who knows if it will pass? Plus, we don't know what is needed to get licensed as a treatment center as the health department has 6 months after a succesful vote to implement a program. I guarentee it's going to take some bucks though.

I would chill for a bit and focus on getting the message out for this November.

3. Chill? Have you been checking out the current events happening in Florida? The first school opened up a couple weeks ago in Tampa bay. The founder Jeromy bufford is planning on opening 13 dispensaries in the state. Its a given.... you cant stop the wave. Florida is next. The proposed amendment is on their site. medicalmarijuanatampa

To get licensed you must send a application to the dbpr. Get a business plan, get some investors, a management team, and a good lawyer.

Any good lawyers wanna help build a Dispensaries?

4. I'll be at the cannabis career institute seminar in Fort Lauderdale hopefully with my good lawyer next month. Never too early to get started networking and forming a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #5 Green Wizard, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, I'm just saying we haven't voted on amendment 2 yet, the department of health won't begin to formulate guidlines unitl after amendment 2 passes, obviously. They could restrict the number of treatment centers. Local cities could ban treatment centers all together, or at least they will implement special zoning to grow and operate. I'd say contact your local city council members and chamber of commerce and ask them where you could grow and sell marijuana IF amendment 2 passes.

6. I understand that we don't vote till nov but what im trying to do is plan ahead. I believe you have a better chance at success if you plan and prepare before anything becomes set in black and white.

That's going to be sooo awkward, going into your local chamber of commerce and asking what locations might work best WHEN amendment 2 passes!

7. have you contacted norml for Florida. they have connections...

8. Poor buffalo,

I'm in the Miami area and I was actually thinking about this the other day. I would be down to talk about this stuff, it couldn't hurt to have a little plan together just incase anything was to happen. You have my backing....

Let's hope for the best

Jon

9. yes of course plan and prepare before anything becomes set in black and white. And thus it result in very efficient manner...

10. it's going to be dessert storm trying to get in the business down here. good luck to all that attempt, i know i will.

11. What I can tell you is the Chamber of Commerce has been utterly useless to get any info for state/city guidelines. Spent several hours getting passed around and nobody knows a damn thing.

12. Best thing to do now is educate ourselves. I know that this type of situation happens once or twice in a lifetime.  Gold rush, then it was the prohibition, then the internet, now this.

This is going to help a lot of people out of some of the financial situations they are in.

At times I think that the players have already been picked to start the race. It really is going to be a up hill battle to accomplish something like this. :bongin:  

13. The only way to know is get out there and try. In the meanwhile I'm going to be a lot of research, and making some sense of things,

Jon

14. I'm all for this count me in. This sounds like a great way to start forming ideas and getting a little community together for something amazing that will (hopefully) happen very soon! Poor Buffalo has a very great dream to work towards which we would all love to see become reality as well. Let's do this!

15. They just put up some more future dates on their. I was going to go to the march 7th one but I might just wait till the may 18th.

Also check out medicalmarijuanatampa.org  they have classes as well that I will be signing up for. Lots of information to take in!

16. Thank you jon

17. Count me in!

I have an extensive business/financial background working with entrepreneurs.  I can help with the business aspects; taxation, asset protection, liability mitigation, compliance, etc...

Plus I have a partner who is in the ORGANIC (OMRI Certified) nute biz.

18. Located in florida?
    Woooow!   Imagine we put together a team strictly from grasscity members to open up a dispensary called   "GRASSCITY"!?!?

LETS GET TOGETHER GUYS! LETS DO IT!

LOL. Yeah dude. The same shit went down in Delaware. It's $5000 to SUBMIT the application. The "Business Plan" is a mock-up of the plan given to them by MPP and their "sponsors" who already have invested in the land and infrastructure. It's a done deal, and I'll bet you ash money you ain't in.
     You should be focused on voting that law DOWN. Get people on board for Recreational. Because if you vote this shit law in, you'll be fattening their wallets, and NO personal grows. Guaranteed. Don't fuck yourself like the Delawareans did. Fuck them. They want money and will shit themselves when you vote it down and come back to the table with demands. The people who use Cannabis are in a position to make demands. And these fuckers know it. Show them you aren't a sucker, and make them bend. You have the numbers.
     Like a blade said on here before..."If you want it bad, you'll get it BAD!"
     You vote for this, and in a year you'll be bitching about it I guarantee. I know the morons that voted it in in my state are kicking themselves in their asses...and fuck them. I warned them too. And who was right? Me.
    And MPP keeps calling me to help them support upping the plant count that their buddy can grow..from 150 to 10,000.(yeah, a measley 150 plants for an entire state lol.)....NOPE, sorry assholes. "I don't support the manufacture of drugs".
     And that is what I'm telling my Representatives. Because if we keep it where it is, they'll have to let people grow their own. Welcome to the world of "Fuck me over, get fucked over"...

Vote it down, do it right. Then YOU will stand a chance of getting into the business instead of voting in the industry and getting fucked out of it.