Was it weed or life that fucked my ability to be funny?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dabs, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Weed makes me excited - i get excited for the act of smoking it, being high, having that grassy taste in my mouth, coming down slowly only to take another rip from the bong!! Jeeez I love weed so much. Like if you were with your friend and your car broke down at night and you had to spend the night in the middle of nowhere it would suck. Add a bag of weed to the equation and it's an amazing memory

2. I'm not positive but I've heard that drug use can stunt emotional development. So maybe you're a child in the brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Cannabis doesn't diminish a person's sense of humor or happiness, that is due to lack of serotonin, dopamine, and heavy depression. If you're depressed or stressed by the direction of you're life:

1.) Make some modifications that is discouraging you from reaching your summit of happiness
    2.) Change your diet. Incorporate foods rich in omega 3's, vitamins, serotonin, and choline. You can take a omega 3 fish oil supplement to fill in that component, and a 5-htp pill to increase serotonin, but do not overdo it!
    3.) Start exercising if you don't
    4.) Hydrate more often with water
    5.) Loss of introspection? Start meditating while your high, it has been proven to be a benefit for both the body and mind.

4. I had this same problem OP I used to be fucking hilarious rattling off one liners with the greatest of ease now I feel like all of my conversations are awkward. For me it was life though I went away to college and started getting extremely depressed and some other shit was going on. I'm definitely not the same as I was even other people can see it in me. I was in the store and ran into someone I went to highschool with and she even asked what had happened to me and that I used to be so funny and energetic. It sucks because I do miss that but life got me man. I hope it doesn't get anyone else. That's just my personal story though sorry if I derailed the thread.

5. Funny never goes away, probably have in it there but something is holding you back from letting it go. Here is a little bit on how I can relate to the topic and it might be more of a rant to my own behavior.

I'm kinda feeling the pressure of just being myself these days but can feel the change in my thoughts, I use to never give a shit about what I use to talk about but unfortunately for me I've started thinking. Could be a sign of growing up or I'm just well guarded to people I don't know, this could probably be from that time that I smoked with my friend and his friend that I was trying to make conversation with who I pointed out anything that came to my mind the result was getting called crazy and being told to be careful like I seemed to believe what I was saying. I'm gonna try and continue to be me because in the end I don't really need to explain myself to others on I why talk about a certain topic that doesn't make sense and I already have true friends who know me for what I am.

6. I feel exactly the same I always made people laugh all year in school this was in 8th grade middle school then when I got to high school I became home schooled. During going from middle to high school my parents were getting divorced which lasted around 4 years to finalize it. Now I don't have many friends and even then I can't really find the words and I can't talk to girls at all. I don't blame it on weed though I think it was the home schooling. But that's crazy a lot of us can relate to OP I can relate 100%.

7. I'm opposite. I was really closed on my little bubble and weed popped it. Now I can make people laugh and talk to people without any bullshit. I used to bullshit a lot. I dont anymore.

Sent from my iPhunny using Grasscity Forum appster

8.  What are you talking about marijuana is a awful drug! Tell you what, you send me your bud and I will dispose of it for you! Free of charge :)

9. boy that schizophrenia is creeping up on you.. dont smoke any more weed the illness will bite you in the ass! and addiction is already settling in heavily!!

just kidding, fuck off

10. if anything, I feel that bud has given me back some of the funniness/charisma that I used to have. recently I've been smoking more often and I feel like after every high, I learn a little more about myself, and I become more comfortable with myself

11. Ay I might have to take you up on that offer. The devil's lettuce has been stinking up my house haha. I might just throw the liquor in my house into the box and ship that to you too haha

12. Coorelation does not equal causation. Don't blame weed for your psychological problems when you have parent issues.

You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher

13. Lol, you couldnt be too smart if you're blaming your problems on a plant.

C'mon, man.  I draw and paint heavily, i smoke heavily, and I can say with confidence that I'm a pretty funny guy and doesnt afraid of anything.

14. This.
    Take a break for a bit. See a dr and look into counseling or something. You sound a bit depressed from the parent/brother stuff.

15. I don't think weed has too much to do with it man.
    I can relate to it on a certain level though. 
    A lot of shitty events happened in my life over a 2-3 year span when I was about 19. Before these things went down I was a very happy, outgoing and talkative person. After, I found it hard to spark conversations and keep conversations going. As you said for yourself, I too didn't give a fuck about what others thought about me. But that all changed and was part of why I couldn't converse well. 
    In my case it ended up being depression and anxiety caused from the events I went through. After getting some help from a Doctor, I'm pretty much back to where I was. 

16. lololol, 'reading level 3 years above until the age of 10' 

17. Notice how I didn't actually say "started smoking at 10" and you might realise the majority of the bullshit you are perceiving is a reflection of your own expectations based on the title. Maybe seeing the title has created a prejudice. Maybe cballs incessant negativity skewed the words. But I obviously didn't create a bunch of accounts to relate to my post.

Either that or some people are only here to criticise, man I stopped putting people down years ago cause I realised it was stupid and it can affect the way they are feeling. See some of the folks here reek of superiority complexes and display various traits uncharacteristic with chill smokers. They're thinking in a rush, a rush to vindicate their smoking knowledge and belittle yours as if you don't have a damn clue. In their haste they forget to read properly, or perhaps their brain is subconsciously selecting and skewing the words that relate to their earlier conception in a sad attempt to stroke their own egos. Rant, over.

Peace

18. It's the weed man same thing happened to me

19. You were never funny in the first place.
    They were laughing at you, not with you.