Psychadelic rock music

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mul_let, Feb 19, 2014.

shut up wanker

unless your a toenail eating crayon burping retard i am the walrus is hardly going to take you anywhere

beatles arnt even rock let alone psychedelic rock

theyre nonsense

da-hurrhurr!

[​IMG]

4. blue oyster cult
    led zeppelin
    pink f
    queens of the stone age
    hendrix (very limited source)
    deep purple
    even dire straits has more psychedelia in it than the beatles
    audioslave
    rhcp has some psychedelic tunes

psychedelic music is music that has tunes, beats, lyrics, vocals and a put together that allows you to break the normal paradigm of thought and go beyond. lsd the 'key' psychedelic does just this through visuals and sounds. psychedelic rock has similar qualities that will pull you in and warp your reality or at least allow you to see or think beyond in a somewhat contained way

beatles and cream dont have anywhere near the originality authenticity or psychedelic interest to create psychedelic music.

audioslave - a large number of people cant even really relate to the singer or the music. look at the depth and carelessness of the singer. and his vocals. and the way it comes together. the singer is in his mind and there alone from there the music comes and either enters you or you enter it or you just meet. the things he sings about are not things - you cant classify his music. it is direct and attempts to penetrate through many layers of stupidity and human conditioning. it is rock and if you can see it right or are ready it can take you to a different world. this is psychedelia

cream is not psychedelic as much as a rock is hallucinating on its own

5. if you want to feel real psychedelia get some nice hash or bud or the strongest shit you have on, find a place with nobody and silence and darkness (a room in an empty suburban house if you have one) and put on your best headphones and sit on the floor and listen to child in time by deep purple

it will clean up all this nonsense misconception of what it means to have a real, calculated psychedelic experience with music

6. ^Whoa, dude, you're, like, so deep, maaaan!

You're seriously gonna sit there and say that Cream is not psychedelic and then post some bullshit like RHCP and QotSA? Gtfo here with that shit. OP, you really don't want to pick up what this guy's putting down. Obvious entry-level pedestrian is obvious.

7. pathetic fuck is pathetic

8. truth is any music can be 'psychedelic' because psychedelia is not a thing but a state

some poor lovelorn fool listening to tom jones over and over every night is in a psychedelic state

self pitying person identifiying with self pitying music is in a state

'psychedelic rock' started with hendrix in a pure term - he wanted to make you look beyond the ordinary and you did

psychedelic rock lures and embraces people who are done asking 'ordinary' questions in life can deal with life just fine and have a mind that is now looking ahead and beyond out of pure curiosity and interest in living

tool is actually, psychedelic rock but they fail because their music is too heavy and their tunes and guitar make it very hard to feel psychedelic. tool actually grounds you despite their lyrics being heavily psychedelic. one of my favorite bands but strangely not psychedelic rock despite having some of the most psychedelic lyrics

psychedelia is beyond body

cream and beatles are pop

9. #29 Nechesh, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs4Gj7JsET4

You really should just quit now. You're in over your head, why don't you go listen to the radio or something.

I'm sorry for derailing, OP, but its early morning and I gotta get my troll points in. lol, I'll stop now, for real...

10. I don't know where you're coming from dude, but John Lennon wrote I am the Walrus about three different acid trips he had whenever a professor wrote him to tell him his students were studying their lyrics, just to fuck with their minds. Please don't tell me that isn't a little mind boggling at the very least.

And early floyd is super psychedlic, and yeah later floyd with Roger Waters at the head was some thought provoking stuff. But much less psychedelic in my opinion. I mean, Syd Barrett was literally bonkers. He couldn't play at shows towards the end because he was so whacked out of his mind. I think that's pretty mind boggling too.. And whoever said Zep and floyd weren't psychedelic?

still no real psychedelic energy because their explorations with psychedlia were padded and his 'deep' shit is as deep as my turd

as for the other guy needing videos to try and talk to me stop you cant touch me

Trust me, dude, I don't need memes. I'm hilarious. I'm a fucking comedian.

13. #33 240sxLover, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    You've really got a stick up your ass dude. There's nothing any of us can do to save you it looks like.

And what on earth do you mean by 'padded'? Have you ever watched interviews with Roger Waters? The guy is the most self centered prick ever. Anyone who thinks he's more psychedelic than Syd really just... I don't know man, you're off the deep end in the wrong direction.

I could say your 'deep' shit is as deep as my turd. There, that's a validating statement right?

14. I literally laughed out loud when you said Dire Straits are more psychedelic than The Beatles.  And your idea of psychedelia is smoking weed and listening to a band that never did any drugs?   Psychedelia is more about hard psychedelic drugs like lucy not smoking weed listening to Deep Purple.

Do me a favour right now and listen to all these Beatles songs,  Tomorrow Never Knows, Revolution 9, Within You Without You, Blue Jay Way, Flying, Strawberry Fields Forever, Love You To, It's All Too Much, A Day In The Life and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.   Then come back and tell me with a straight face they aren't psychedelic.

15. You have to understand they way music makes you feel is subjective.  I'll post this for thought

Psychedelic rock is a style of rock music that is inspired or influenced by psychedelic culture and attempts to replicate and enhance the mind-altering experiences of psychedelic drugs. It often uses new recording techniques and effects and draws on non-Western sources such as the ragas and drones of Indian music.
    It was pioneered by musicians including the Beatles, the Byrds, and the Yardbirds, emerging as a genre during the mid-1960s among folk rock and blues rock bands in the United Kingdom and United States, such as Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, the Doors and Pink Floyd.

Psychedelic rock reached its apogee in the last years of the decade. 1967 saw the Beatles release the double A-side "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane", opening a strain of British "pastoral"<sup>[64]</sup> or "nostalgic"<sup>[10]</sup> psychedelia, followed by the release of what is often seen as their definitive psychedelic statement in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, including the controversial track "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".<sup>[65]</sup>

Right?! Roger Waters is the reason Pink Floyd floundered in their late career. Don't you love how he also mentions Comfortably Numb as an example of psychedelia? That is the most commercial PF song and is featured on an album that has virtually no psychedelic overtones whatsoever. Does this guy even know who Syd Barret is?

17. "Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you seeeee."

18. thats the misconception you one track minded twirps have

because your on a drug forum and you do drugs you think psychedelia has to do with drugs. drugs can be very psychedelic but so can a number of other things - a pristine morning after getting mugged or raped the night before. a first day meet-date-kiss, music, images

psychedelia is not a culture and belongs to no person in particular it is a mind what will always be there trying to taste truth so all the fucking psychedelic culture people could stand in front of me and i tell them i am psychedelia itself

19. I've had psychedelic moments sober too dude, that's not what were getting at. You're trying to stretch the word psychedelic to encompass anything that has meaning. That's simply not the case.

20. Blue oyster cult...I think it falls in this category but "Godzilla" and "don't fear the reaper" are the best songs I have ever heard

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app