Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trigeminal Neuralgia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by N.H.countryfarmer, Feb 19, 2014.

1. My wife has had Trigeminal Neuralgia for 10+yrs and i have been on the look out for possible MM strains that might help her.

The next strains im growing to help her are: blue dream, cannatonic and durban poison.

What gives her some relief is my canna-butter : 5grams of keif to 1 1/2 sticks of butter. Then warmed an cooled for 3days on the front corner of my woodstove till it lightly browns. SLAP IT ON A TOASTED ENGLISH MUFFIN WITH SOME LOCALLY MADE JAM AND BINGO!
    Packs a good punch in about an hour an last a good chunk of the day for me but helps her for about an hour and ahalf. Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated, thank you GC family for your time.

Old man of the mountian

2. #2 N.H.countryfarmer, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
    Trigeminal neuralgia ( TN, or TGN), also known as prosopalgia,[ 1] or Fothergill's or Fothergill's disease[ 2] is a neuropathic disorder disease is a neuropathic disorder characterized by episodes of intense pain in the face, originating from the trigeminal nerve. The clinical association between TN and hemifacial spasm is the so-called tic douloureux.[ 3] It has been described as It has been described as among the most painful conditions known to humankind.[ 4] It is estimated that 1 in to humankind. It is estimated that 1 in 15,000 or 20,000 people suffer from TN, although the actual figure may be significantly higher due to frequent misdiagnosis. In a majority of cases, TN symptoms begin appearing more frequently over the age of 50, although there have been cases with patients being as young as three years of age. It is more common in females than males.[ 5] females than males.
    he trigeminal nerve is a paired cranial nerve that has three major branches: the ophthalmic nerve (V(V), and the mandibular nerve (V). One,(V 2), and the mandibular nerve (V 3). One, two, or all three branches of the nerve may be affected. 10-12% of cases are bilateral(occurring on both the left and right sides of the face). Trigeminal neuralgia most commonly involves the middle branch (the maxillary nerve or V) and lower branch maxillary nerve or V 2) and lower branch( mandibular nerve or V) of the trigeminal( mandibular nerve or V 3) of the trigeminal nerve,[ 6] but the pain may be felt in the nerve, but the pain may be felt in the ear, eye, lips, nose, scalp, forehead, cheeks, teeth, or jaw and side of the face. TN is not easily controlled but can be managed with a variety of treatment options.

Old man of the mountian

3. Old man of the mountian

Attached Files:

4. I know several people with trigeminal neuralgia who have reported good pain relief and no side effects from using Gallixa skin cream, which is available through the Gallixa website.

5. Thanks i will look into it, she is on a bunch of meds like 33 an most are for her TN and thats a daily dose. Crazy i know thats why we have been trying differant MM strains.

Old man of the mountian

6. My wife has just been diagnosed with TN, and I'm familiar with it through another former user here.  My wife has been a MMJ user for years now, and so far it hasn't really done much for her pain relief.  She's only on one pharmaceutical for it, not 33 though (Tegritol).  

And because strains are not always consistent, I'm not sure how much an individual strain recommendation would work.  We've been heavy indica users for a long time, but we're switching to some sativas during the day, but the pain relief hasn't been forthcoming.

7. Hello wildwill, TN really sucks it hard to watch a loved one go threw pain like that my wife's is wicked bad, tegritol,neronton,topamax,baclofin,and some are 2
    Pills twice aday and some a 3
    Pills 3times aday plus gave my wife wicked depression over the years. Not meaning to worrie ya just sharing seeings you said she was recently dignosed with TN
    We tried accupunticer to give a luttle relief and meassagging the
    TN base helps from
    Time to time MM edibles help her more but in high doses an then its sleeping beauty time...atlest she is in a pain free moment. If you have any other quistions send me a seed

Old man of the mountian

8. Try juicing the cannabis raw

9. Thanks nate489 gonna look into this more do you have any experince with juicing cannabis?

Old man of the mountian

10. Sadly no as i am not able to grow to sustain what i would need but I've researched it a bit. You will get loads more cannabinoids this was and a lot of people have had serious conditions that were untreatable with modern medicine be cured from juicing it.

11. Well, here's an update - we've switched to dabbing waxes and concentrates for the most part and that with edibles has kept my wife's TNG relatively under control.  She still has a few attacks every now and then, mostly when stressed or she misses her meds.

12.   I've had TN for a few years now and have used a mild indica (smoked) and although it hasn't stopped it completely, it has reduced the attacks, and I use it when I first feel it coming on, along with migraines also, and it has helped some. I couldn't take any of the regular meds, too many side effects. I haven't tried any of the other strains either, just the low costing cheap stuff that does help. I've wondered about trying CBD oil to see if it helps any better with it, but haven't yet.