random car talk

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by docleary, Feb 13, 2014.

1. I been so damn busy lol. Always wrenchen'. Aint no rest for the wicked

2. #1703 invinciblejets, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2016
    Wish we had snow like that here in sc!

I've been cleaning the interior out of the rx7 figuring out what I need replacements for. Want to have a super clean black interior gonna be dying the dash and a few other parts some I will just buy off rx7club Tho.
    Also got most the harness labeled in preparation for pulling the engine. Trying to do everything I can while waiting on my buddy to drive from NC to help and bring his hoist. Also disconnected Ac lines and such.
    Got a few goodies in I'll have to get some pics of.
    Still saving up for 10/8 kg PBM coilovers
    And some extended knuckles.

http://tealssuspension.bigcartel.com/product/fc3s-drift-knuckles-extended-kit

http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?26

3. any specific reason for coil over bag? i just dont really see many people running something like that. Tonight amongst some other things i put my rear coils in and some other things. Got a bilstein pss9 kit, vorshlag camber plates, and some ground control rsm's so its now completely on. Also mounted up my powersteering pump, alternator, and made a little bracket to move my shift lever. tomorrow i think i ll put my lsd in.

4. My bad scroll down and you will see the regular 8/10 kg coils.

5. Been working some crazy hours the last month so I bought a family cruiser. 1983 Holden station wagon, It's only a 3.3l(202ci) straight six which I think is the same as chevy 250ci straight six, Trimatic auto and is slow as hell even with a recent head rebuild with bigger inlet/exh valves. I'll be looking for a dead 5l v8 in the near future to slowly build.

Attached Files:

6. those look like some pretty solid coils. Let me know what you think of them when you end up purchasing them if your happy with them. I gotta replace all the cheap stuff i put in just to get on the road

7. took a couple pics while i checked out what i have for room infront of the rad. startin to get close .....

Attached Files:

8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1455486506.369595.jpg missing the snow. Only got 2 or 3 true powderings so far this year. Haha wanted a lil more to put the awd thru my first winter in her. Oh well summer drives are just as fun.

9. Guys, what car is better: Toyota or Chevrole? I'm hezitating

10. out of those i v only heard of toyota, really solid cars though, definitely have that reliability thing figured out.

11. Depends on the models bro. Allthough ive always had decent luck with my chevys.

12. New Chevys are just as good as any car.
    But if we are talking old Gm I'd say Toyota all day.
    But like dude said^ depends on model and what you want Ina car.

13. guess im the only dick who didnt overlook the chevrolet misspelling.....anyways as they all said models are important, if you want an econobox youre probably better off with the toyota but i would get a sierra over a tundra anyday. I may be biased though, i have a gmc and my whole family/business do gmc for trucks.

14. #1715 docleary, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
    going to look at a 325iX sedan to perhaps swap my s52 into (if i can use e46 325xi oilpan).

even if it doesn't get the s52, it's still a classic bmw to drive (and would be my first low production e30).

edit - i'll throw in a picture of it:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Look up 13BRENOVA on youtube. Lets just say it goes against the norm. Invinciblejets, you will enjoy this one if you havnt allready seen it.

16. Slammed Silverado hualing roaches lol.

Attached Files:

17. sweet man hope it works out

18. Lol yeah I've seen it. Love how it pisses off the muscle guys. Probably not the fastest nova in the world but I'd give it a 100 in troll factor. Lol

http://youtu.be/EUhz2MjT1fE

19. Oh yeah. I feel like thats just enough revenge for all the 13bs scrapped in favor of a 350.