cfl for seedlings getting way too hot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by craig1187, Jan 17, 2014.

1. I have two sprouted seedlings, with 4 100 watt equivalent 6500k cfls on them from two different clamp lights. " I got y splitters and put them in the clamp lights ", but I moved one of them down to about 2 inches from the two sprouts and according to my accurite thermometer, the temperature at plant level got a little over 90 degrees. If my thermometer is accurate then how can I keep it cooler with it being so close? And how hot is to hot for the seedlings?

2. you can more the sprouts away from the lights a little.

let me guess they are growing in a fucking box?

3. No they are in a 3' by 4' foot fucking closet that is 8 foot tall, I know I can move them away some but I didn't want them to stretch and have read you can have cfls within a couple inches to keep that from happening

4. #5 craig1187, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    I'll get a fan...im basically asking how far away can I move the lights and have them not stretch and get all spindly

5. I have to wonder how you guys need all the fans and shit with 4 little bulbs and I run huge lights and dont need a fan.

Open the closet door?

6. The closet door is open, but with the lights that close that's how hot it gets at soil level 2 inches in front of the lights, according to the temperature probe. the inside air temperature of the closet is right at 78 degrees