Outdoor Medical Marijuana Grow Expected Yield

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by methodman89, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

I've seen numerous threads asking, "How much will I yeild?" But no one gives specifics and so I haven't been able to get a straight answer. This is the plan on how they will be grown and tended to (hypothetically). I would like for someone with experience to try and tell me how much dried bud would be expected to be harvested.

-Outdoor Grow

-2foot deep x 4foot wide dug hole

-homemade soil mix consisting of the following: worm castings, sheep manure, peat moss, blood meal, bone meal, kelp meal, perilite, bat guano, dolomite, and rock dust.

-grow techniques that will be used extensively: topping/super-cropping, and a round trellis will be placed around the plant and as the branches grow they will be trained outwards through the trellis so that more of the undergrowth receives light and develop into large colas.

-the clones will be taken from the mother at the end of March/beginning of April and grown indoors under t5 lighting on a light schedule which mimics the outdoor light cycle. They will then be placed in there 2x4 dug hole in mid may (weather permitting)

-the strain hoped to be used is undecided yet. If you could guide me in the direction for a high yielding as well as a strong strain that would be greatly appreciated. I did look at "BIG BUD" but read mixed reviews on it.

If 50 plants were to live and make it to fall, how much yield would be expected?

BTW these plants will be grown in an Ontario, Canada climate where summer temps are usually 20-30 degrees Celsius and humidity ranges from 40-60%
    They will receive plenty of sun light as well.

Thanks in advance and happy growing.

2. maybe you should go back and reread those threads.

cause there is no answer.....and no way to answer this.

except to say " if you gotta ask this, you're too new to expect $$ from your work"

you gotta learn to grow the grass, before you can collect the cash

3. Fair enough but I am not a complete newbie who can't "grow the grass" as I have been growing indoors organically for a couple years now. I pull off about 2oz a plant but would have no idea the potential an outdoor plant can have. Reason being why I asked the question I did.

4. Outdoors is a whole different way of growing. It's really hard to estimate how much you will yield. It could be as little as a few ounces to a few pounds. There are too many thing to factor in when growing outdoors. The weather is a big factor along with the amount of sunlight the plant receives. Strains will greatly differ too. Some strain like more nutrients than others. Just too many things to make a reasonable estimate. My advice is to start the plants early indoors and plant outdoors mid-late May. Feed it lots of organic teas and dig the biggest joke possible.

5. Thank you for your response. So you're really just providing the best possible growing conditions that you can and then hoping for good results from there on out due to unpredictable conditions that may occur which are out of our hands? On average with decent weather throughout the growing season would it be safe to say you could expect 8-20lbs from 50 plants growing as stated previously?

6. I guess I should rephrase that question. Is it possible and realistic to attain up to 20lbs of dried bud from 50 outdoor plants grown the way I stated above?

7. 50 outdoor plants could be as little as 10 pounds or as much as 500 pounds. If you do a full outdoor cycle including 6+ weeks of indoor pre-veg and put out around mid july you can expect 2-5 lbs per plant. est. of 100-250 lbs for 50 plants.
    No offence but the fact you're posting this means you'll probably face a lot of learning problems and will have a lower yield than expected. I do indoor and outdoor, and I can tell you that your indoor experience will help with outdoor a bit, but its a totally different thing and will not transfer over 100%. Its a whole other game. If i were you I'd do a lot of research on teas, supplemental lighting, mounding, (practices applied to outdoor only) etc. The worst thing that can happen to an outdoor newbie is ending up preflowering halfway into outdoor and you'll yield zip. goodluck and readup.

8. Thanks for the advice wwpk. Appreciate it a lot. I've been doing a lot of research and will continue to research for sure. When I first started growing the research helped me a lot but what gave me the ability to grow successfully was my failed attempts. Trial and error is probably one of the only ways to learn when it comes to growing any kind of plant. So I don't expect perfect results the first time around. Thanks for the input/advice :) happy growing

9. If you have the time I would read the NorCal forum. There is a lot of valuable info in it along with some bs. Most of us grow organically and have the ability to grow multiple lb plants. Other Blades have posted their soil and tea recipes and have photos of their plants to prove their value. If you are new to outdoors I would highly recommend that you keep fewer plants. They are a lot of work an it will be impossible to care and process that many plants. Stick to a dozen plants and concentrate your time on them. It will pay off with greater yield and quality. Give them lots of room between plant. Most people give 10 ft or more between plants. Also you will need lots of space. The more the better. The plants need to spread to absorb as much sunlight as possible. You could cram in more plants but they will compete for the sunlight and will all suffer.

10. ^ Yes at least 10 feet apart or you well end up kicking yourself in the ass Like I did!

11. Kicking mine here.
    I thought 20ft center was far enough. Not even close.

12. Thanks for the advice. Checked out the NorCal forum and lots of good information on there. Will continue to look around on there for sure. So best chance at quality bud but with a lesser yield would be to scale down and grow less plants. A dozen plants then could yield a few pounds each assuming all goes well and grown properly? Shit, that yield still sounds good to me. Thanks everyone

13. Less plants doesn't mean less yield. You could yield more because they will get more attention, have more room to grow and less competitors. That same plant when over crouded may grow a few oz where give ample space and attention could yield multiple pounds. With more than a dozen or so plants it becomes too much work for just one person. Just try to imagine if the plant produce pounds how you are going to trim it all alone. You might but it's gonna suck and you will be wishing for help. Buy a book or so and read up on outdoor growing. It's worth the $20 investment.