Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Putting a penny in your grinder helps collect more kief?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RedEyeCEO, Dec 18, 2013.

1. I use a nickel because it's more weightier and not as big as a quarter. But yes, I had significantly more kief output after I put a coin in and gave it a little shake after I ground up my shit.

2. I put a nickel in my space case and noticed an instant increase in the amount of kief I was getting.

3. #23 Shawing, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    if you break it up by hand or even hand and clippers you loose some crystals.  using a small grinder here, hardly any falling into the collection chamber so it must be getting toasted in the vape along with the 'erb.

4. #24 Leon Sandcastle, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    I bet you guys arent gettin fine keif tho. Your basically smashin tiny bits of weed as well in the catcher. Just sift that shit w nothing in there if you wants the purest of keifs....reason it looks like more is cuz that quarter or nickel is breakin down your weed/chlorophyll as well into tiny particles. Ive seen this done before and have tried it my self....waste of time IMO.

5. #25 DayJaVu, Dec 20, 2013

Then you just lose trichomes to your fingers and the table. Grinders don't make you lose trichomes unlesss you are literally just shaking it around in your grinder.

6. #26 AugustWest, Dec 20, 2013

there where do the trichomes at the bottom of the grinder come from?

the trichome ferry?

7. #27 DayJaVu, Dec 20, 2013

-When you grind it, they fall off.

-When you seperate it by hand, they fall off.

The grinder simply collects it at that step, where as you would have lost it otherwise. Also, when you leave it in bags, they fall off as well if you move it around too much. Puting a coin in a grinder does actively knock off trichromes as it moves around, so I wouldn't reccomend it unless you like kief.

8. oh I hate that shit, that's why the first thing I do is take my bud out of the bag and store in it's proper container. Hate seeing all that bud left over stuck inside the bag, pain in the ass to get out too. 

9. #29 Headphones, Dec 20, 2013

Of course you lose a little doing anything, but you lose a considerably lot less breaking your bud up by hand unless, like you said, you've got Parkinson's.

You're right all they do is fall off, all i'm saying is I want them to fall into my bowl as I break it up, not between the teeth of a grinder for later use. I'm not debating the usefulness of a grinder, I just think its a lot more aesthetic and personal to break it up by hand, It's like people are looking for the quickest methods of getting high like they're in a rush. 

10. I invented the grinder

all yall mothafuckas are wrong.

11. It is impossible for it to give you more kief. What do you think coins have some special power? The only way, and I mean the ONLY way to get more kief is to grind up more bud. I personally would not want some dirty ass coin touching my beautiful kief. Have fun smoking shit.

12. #32 rolla joint, Dec 20, 2013
    I use a nickel & shake it after I grind it when the bud is just chilling in that 2nd part definitely makes more keef that way