The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ...I've been waiting for this movie for about 7 months, and I'm no Tolkien fan either, but I did run across 
    http://www.southernstarseeds.net, and bought their Old Toby o' Southern Star, grew it out just for this premiere and as the guys at southernstarseeds, say 

"A sweet scent crystally beauty from the Shire. Trainwreck x White Widow. The mystery of its origin within Southfarthing is only matched by its lovely sweet scent and deeply relaxing and social high. Gandalf would blow some very impressive smoke clouds with this Old Toby from Southern Star! One palpable description of this weed's effect was given by Gandalf to fellow wizard Saruman upon a meeting of the White Council: "You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within. Anyway, it gives patience, to listen to error without anger". 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1170358/?ref_=hm_cht_t1

So toked up and blown away ...Smaug ruled my world for the next 160 minutes, I was told later I didn't shut up ...been yelling at the screen, it was a blast...I'll wait for the Blue-ray rather than go back ....kind worn out my welcome if you know what I mean ....lol

score movie 9/10                                             score OldToby 9/10

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1230939673/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGjmAQdQ8uY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L07AV2gwoI

Attached Files:

2. Hopefully getting blazed and seeing it tonight

3. Gotta hella blazed and watched it the other night, thoroughly enjoyed it.  There were some what the fuck scenes like the elf dungeon scene which just straight up made me laugh really hard.  And sometimes it just seemed like a parody of lord of the rings.  But for what it is, its very enjoyable and I'm sure the next one will be epic.  8/10.

4. 2012-13, years of the dragon

5. 9.5/10

twas epic, 'cept for Legolas. From my LOTR friends, he wasn't in the book. That popped into my head right in that scene and I was like damn

6. yo dawg i heard u lieked crazy shit so i made the dragon able to withstand molten gold

shit was hella cool though, g

7. downloaded it yesterday... haven't had a spare 2hrs 50mins yet but ima definately peep it soon

8. #8 TheAnswer121, Dec 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  9. Hoping to catch this one on the weekend, finally.

I wouldn't call myself a Tolkien fan, but The Hobbit has been my favorite story since I was 10 years old. Read and reread it so many times and carried it so far around the world that my copy of the book has mould growing inside it.

10. #10 RedEyesHigh420, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
    i'm on the same page with you, bro. it's 3:30 am and I'm like, hmmm.....................

yeah, no, fuck that. I'll watch that shit tomorrow lol tooooo long

11. shiiiit... im gonna need like a quarter or summin' to watch dis shit... last time i sat still for 3 hrs i was having a tatt done lol

12. Shame you steal these flicks, is interesting to see what else you would steal ...?

13. get off your high horse grandpa... and get you some roller skates or some shit lol... why don't you take that high powered cynicism and point it at the world... not a dude that doesn't give a shit.... Sergant Trivial lol

14. True Tolkein fans should be pissed the fuck off. How about that love triangle added in for no fucking reason other then applying to the masses of idiots? Don't give this hack your money. Fucker made that shit up, no reason for that. Also, how was the GoPro helmet cam barrel scene?

15. I saw this blazed...loved every minute of it.

16. I agree with you kinda agree with you. But I think it allows  File and Kili to be separated from the group for a time as in the book (searching for ponies). The love triangle thing is just weird and kinda creepy. I think the next movie will be one long battle scene.  

I was more pissed off with what he did to the Lord of the Rings movies. I hated certain things he did with the Lord of the rings/things he kept out or didn't show.   But after a time I began to realize that the movies are Peter Jackson's Lord of Rings, not Tolkiens. They are just Peter Jackson's interpretation of the novels. And if Peter Jackson didn't push for the Lord of the Rings perhaps we would have never gotten a film version. Many directors thought it was unfilmable.
      And for the most part, he did any okay job. There are parts that I liked and loved,and there were parts I down right hated. 

Because of how he handled the Lord of the Rings I knew I was going to be disappointed in some of the things he did with the Hobbit, I lowered my expectations.  I enjoyed both of the Hobbit movies so far for what they are.  I knew as soon as they announced it was going to be 3 movies that there was going to be a lot of useless extra stuff and filler... but with that filler come some nice additions that weren't in The Hobbit directly, scenes with the White Council, sees with the Necromancer, etc etc.

18. Son, I am disappoint.

I really enjoyed the first film, and I'd been looking forward to this one for ages. Beorn and the wood elves scenes are my favorite parts in the book, but there were so few similarities between this movie version and the story I love so much. They took so many liberties, but cut out so much shit that was a part of the original novel.

It was a good movie. It just wasn't the movie I wanted to see. 

19. Dude that shit killed me, so out of place and crappy looking compared to the rest of the movie.  It just didn't make sense to go from almost surreal 48 fps to a low quality format like that.

20. Saw it recently, eh it was mediocre imo. The main thing that bugs the shit out of me in these movies is the CGI, feels like an animated movie with some real people thrown in. Its so much less immersive than the Lord of the Rings was where they used actors with costumes instead of every single moving thing being CGI. I definitely enjoyed the first one better.