Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Coughing blood caused by weed or alcahol?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Spliff Shady, Dec 11, 2013.

1. So I've been blazing pretty much all day everyday for about 10 years. About three four days ago my lungs started to hurt and burn whenever I took a bong hit, so yesterday I didn't smoke and I just drank like four beers( I rarely drink). This morning I woke up and spit up a lil blood in the sink a couple times. it stopped now, but I'm kind of concerned. My dad says its because I've been smoking soo long, but the only thing I did differently. Yesterday was drink those 4 beers. I didn't even smoke yesterday. My dads kinda bias cuz he drinks a Micky everyday but doesn't smoke. So I just wanted to hear what some of you guys think. Sorry 4 long post and thanks for taking the time to answer.

2. Probably neither.
    But blood from the lungs can be damn serious, you better get to the doctor man.

3. uhh you don't have lung cancer do you?

4. I agree about paying the doctor a visit, but don't get too worried. Do you have a cough? Maybe you have bronchitis or some infection that's causing your hits to burn. And the blood can be just from coughing too much and irritating your lungs. If you cough up blood, don't try and keep bringing up phlegm to see if there's blood, (I used to do it), that'll just irritate your lungs more and cause more blood. But yea make a doctors appointment. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. K I'll make an appointment but when this was happening I tried to see if it was coming from my gums or my lungs or my stomach. No blood came out when I coughed and spit it felt like it was coming from my stomach. Also my stomach is hurting a little but ye ima go see a doc thanks for you guys' input.

6. #6 FreshlyBaked, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    call dips on your stash if you croak it, jus sayin

banter aside, i'm sure you'll be fine, but it's better to be safe than sorry  :hello:

7. Damn, hope you ain't turning into Walter White bro.

8. Hope everything turns out ok. Coughing up blood really needs to be checked out.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

9. Could be something that passes in a day or two, or it could be something else really serious and life-threatening. Get it checked out for sure. It's impossible for anyone to tell the exact cause online, without medical history and other extensive amounts of information.

10. Hope everything came out good man.

11. Might want to get that checked.  Personally, here in the USA, if you don't have bunches of ching ching you're better off letting it take its course and hope for the best.  Might live longer than going into a hospital too.

12. does the blood look dark? or brown? that could mean your lungs have been bleeding for a while witch cant be good i really dont know much about lungs though

13. The blood looked fresh and I found out my sister had the flu I might have caught it from her but I'm going to doc today so we'll c

14. sounds like an ulcer acting up, have it looked at.

15. I had that happen before when I was really sick with bronchitis.... from coughing so hard I ruptured a blood vessel in my throat so when I coughed up phlegm it was mixed with blood. It's not like I was coughing up straight blood it was like phlegm streaked with blood.

16. Have you eaten out a girl that was on her period lately?

17. To be truthful with you I am almost positive that neither can cause this. Coughing up blood can be very serious it can be caused by things like lung cancer and a puncture to the lungs. So make a doctors appointment right away to get that shit checked out. Good luck to ya fellow blade. 

18. Was it only blood, or red streaks in your spit? If it's only blood, go to the doctor. It could be a number of things. If it's streaky blood in your saliva, it's likely a small tear in your lung and/or throat. If it's already gone, that's probably what it is.

19. #19 Spliff Shady, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    Just got back, doctor prescribed me Zantac 150 for the bleeding. And zexodefren or something for mood elevation and stress the pharmacist said it was for depression but it was mad expensive and probably has a shyt load of side effects so ill just smoke weed instead. And I'm getting a chest ex ray tomorrow. And ps it was blood in my spit but not really flem