So Cal Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by AloeRuss, Dec 7, 2013.

1. [quote name="GreenerGreen" post="19138352" timestamp="1386707883"]. Boy do I know about Kern getting COLD! I did an old west reenactment there and almost froze my face off sleeping in our canvas tents.You make your own nutrients? Didn't cross my mind yet as I'm just starting and bought some, but how do you do make your own reliably?I have a 4x4x6.5 tent kit from GrowAce.com. Seems to work well, but set up was confusing as I didn't know exactly how to fit it all together. We managed, but I know we can improve the layout. Once our thumbs are green, we'll see where the wind takes us.[/quote]Haha yea gets a bit chilly during the winter but NEVER snows lol. As far as the nutrients go, me and my girl are Raw Vegan. So we go thru a lot of veggies & fruits. All I do is take a 25Gal food grade barrel (ones with the screw on lids), fill it with about 20Gal of R/O water. I'll usually put (for Bloom tea) Black strap Molasses, no nitrogen bat guano, & any fruit high in carbohydrates. Mangos, Pineapples, Watermelons, Honeydew, Strawberries, Blue & Blackberries (more purple/blue color), Beets, Oranges or Lemons (for bud hardener), Papayas, & others depending on what we get. Those are just the usuals, they will sit in the sun and "cook" for about 2-3weeks before use. Just go out and stir/blow into it with a hollow stick (PVC works fine) once or twice a day.Its basically just a sweetener tea that boosts the plant with energy. As well as all the other nutrients from the broken down matter of other plants "Flowers/Fruits". I plan on picking up a few meters and doing a lot of testing on it this coming year. EC/PPM and such, as well as trying many different mixtures and amounts. So hopefully I will be able to say its "reliable" soon :) As far as the tents, I rearranged my flower tent like 4 times after each harvest. Have to try and get the best possible line for ventilation, plant access, etc. All will come in time :)Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sounds cool and very pretty! You have great self control. ;) I have some basic understanding of cloning etc but it hasn't all clicked yet and this area of knowledge is not my expertise, so... how did you keep the seed bank strains going? Assuming you had males in the bunch that you grew from the bank?

Very informative! Thanks a lot! If you do some testing, I'd love to see your results if you post them etc. Happy growing.

3. [quote name="GreenerGreen" post="19139052" timestamp="1386715348"] Very informative! Thanks a lot! If you do some testing, I'd love to see your results if you post them etc. Happy growing.[/quote]Thank you, all my results will be posted here: http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1262471-pHarmer's-Cannaculture-CornerI made it for documenting various ways of cultivating, your more then welcome to add your addition :) Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Welcome
    I wanted to share a picks of my current grow.
    My ladies are 3 weeks into flowering and are well feed and happy.
    Do u happen to have pictures of yours?

Attached Files:

5. They are indeed.

6. Hope you guys will welcome me even though I grow indoors.

I live south of LAX.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Absolutely Rancher. Come into the light friend. All are welcome.
    Indoors is my favorite. The pics you see above is my private Idaho in four walls.

What do you grow? How? Please share with us friend

8. #48 BrassNwood, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
    Pull up a chair jollyrancher1  Inside or out is fine.. Mine is a little of both..
    Used to keep my boat in Redondo @ Kings Harbor and day sail up to Marina Del Ray passing under the runway for LAX... Always trippy to see them huge jets shooting off the end of the runway and over the beach

GreenerGreen.. It was a Clone bank and I used it all summer long and tried and tried to take clones from them.. finally on the last order I got from them I'd had my cloning ironed out and was able to clone 3 of the 4 last strain I got from them.. Finally running on my own supply I'm now adding a few strains from seed acquired from a Nor Cal grower.. GSC or GDP was his best guess..

Tray of 16 clones taken on 11-12-13.. They were pulled from the cloner and planted in the 3 inch cups about 10 days ago at this point..
    This girl is entered in the solo cup challenge over in the micro section.. Was taken on 11-08-13

http://static.grscty.com/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-645641-0-86848600-1386643829.jpg
    That's a few of the girls I've put out to flower in the last few weeks..

Attached Files:

9. I saw your rig. How do you like growing hydro?

I on another side started with coco as it is most forgiving. Meaning you can have a dead plant that will be revived in a matter of hours. Now I a seasoned grower but I still grow coco. I don't make as many mistakes but also can afford to redo my setup. That's how I move :)

10. #50 jollyrancher1, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013

\nThanks for the welcome.
    \nThe link to my rig is in my signature.
    \nHydro works for me, I equate it to being just as difficult as saltwater tropical fish.
    \nOnce you get it and the nuances LOOK OUT!

11. Old friend Brass
    Your flowering.. What is the secret technique to bigger buds?
    Some say molasses, some say LST, FIM, top, defoliation, special nute,..... What say you Long Beach dog?

12. This old dawg is far to newbee a grower to have stepped very far down the (what makes buds bigger) path yet..
    With my decidedly odd grow style.. I'm still way down the learning curve and while I have run 4 sets out so far I have yet to complete a full year grow and the depth of winter isn't here yet.. If temps don't drop to far I should continue to harvest all winter..

My early runs were in FFOF but I've moved over to the organic water only side using ..
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html/page-1
    As a basis to amend my existing pile of used soil.. currently running in it.. So this run has some new features that prior grows didn't.. I'm working a fraction as hard.. really nothing to do but water every 3 days now on the yard girls..

I just harvested 4 rather small plants as my early soil amending needed more aeration stunting their growth.. slowly we get dialed in..
    And have the drying of them to attend to.. With our stone low humidity at times slowing the dry has been my biggest challenge of all parts of my grow.. And I think the hardest part to get down pat.. A slow dry and good cure..
    Boveda 62% packs for long term storage FTMFW--- IMO..

Part of why this thread will come in handy as our climate requires very different handling when drying then say a more humid local.. If I followed most of the drying found on the web I'd have powder and dust and no buds at all..

Even the buds I pulled from the jar this am for rolling got crumbly in just a couple of hours.. My humidity was 27% yesterday afternoon...

Good Wednesday Morning So Cal !!!!         WTH am I doing up at this ungodly hour ???

13. Spent some time this morning turning some bud into Dry Ice Kief
    1 full jar of Blue Dream and 1 of mixed tag ends from 4 or 5 different strains..

Attached Files:

14. #54 BrassNwood, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    Thursday Morning.... Wake and Bake people.... What's good going on at 3:52 AM in the southland ???

On the 1st day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me:  sweet, THC encrusted Nugs.
    On the 2nd day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me:  2 grams of Kalashnikova and some sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 3rd day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 4th day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 4 grams of Sage n' Sour, 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova, and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 5th day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 5 grams of Shiatsu, 4 grams of Sage n' Sour, 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova, and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 6th day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 6 grams of Skywalker Kush, 5 grams of Shiatsu, 4 grams of Sage n' Sour, 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova, and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 7th day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 7 grams of LA cheese, 6 grams of Skywalker Kush, 5 grams of Shiatsu, 4 grams of Sage n' Sour, 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova, and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 8th day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 8 grams of Moby Dick, 7 grams of LA cheese, 6 grams of Skywalker Kush, 5 grams of Shiatsu, 4 grams of Sage n' Sour, 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova, and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 9th day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 9 grams of Deadhead OG, 8 grams of Moby Dick, 7 grams of LA cheese, 6 grams of Skywalker Kush, 5 grams of Shiatsu, 4 grams of Sage n' Sour, 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova, and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 10<sup>th</sup> day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 10 grams of Kandy Kush, 9 grams of Deadhead OG, 8 grams of Moby Dick, 7 grams of LA cheese, 6 grams of Skywalker Kush, 5 grams of Shiatsu, 4 grams of Sage n' Sour, 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova, and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 11<sup>th</sup> day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 11 grams Qrazy Train, 10 grams of Kandy Kush, 9 grams of Deadhead OG, 8 grams of Moby Dick, 7 grams of LA cheese, 6 grams of Skywalker Kush, 5 grams of Shiatsu, 4 grams of Sage n' Sour, 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova, and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.
    On the 12<sup>th</sup> day of Christmas my smoke circle sent to me: 12 grams of Headband, 11 grams Qrazy Train, 10 grams of Kandy Kush, 9 grams of Deadhead OG, 8 grams of Moby Dick, 7 grams of LA cheese, 6 grams of Skywalker Kush, 5 grams of Shiatsu, 4 grams of Sage n' Sour, 3 grams of OG Ghost Train Haze, 2 grams of Kalashnikova, and sweet, THC encrusted nugs.

Day One
    Dear Nuala,
    Thank you very much for your lovely present of a partridge in a pear-tree. We're getting the hang of feeding the partridge now, although it was difficult at first to win its confidence. It bit the mother rather badly on the hand but they're good friends now and we're keeping the pear-tree indoors in a bucket. Thank you again. Yours affectionately,
    Gobnait O'Lúnasa

Day Two
    Dear Nuala,
    I cannot tell you how surprised we were to hear from you so soon again and to receive your lovely present of two turtle doves. You really are too kind. At first the partridge was very jealous and suspicious of the doves and they had a terrible row the night the doves arrived. We had to send for the vet but the birds are okay again and the stitches are due to some out in a week or two. The vet's bill was £8 but the mother is over her annoyance now and the doves and the partridge are watching the telly from the pear-tree as I write. Yours ever,
    Gobnait

Day Three
    Dear Nuala,
    We must be foremost in your thoughts. I had only posted my letter when the three French hens arrived. There was another sort-out between the hens and the doves, who sided with the partridge, and the vet had to be sent for again. The mother was raging because the bill was £16 this time but she has almost cooled down. However, the fact that the birds' droppings keep falling down on her hair whilen she's watching the telly, doesn't help matters. Thanking you for your kindness. I remain,
    Your Gobnait

Day Four
    Dear Nuala,
    You mustn't have received my last letter when you were sending us the four calling birds. There was pandemonium in the pear-tree again last night and the vet's bill was £32. The mother is on sedation as I write. I know you meant no harm and remain your close friend. Gobnauit

Day Five
    Nuala,
    Your generosity knows no bounds. Five gold rings ! When the parcel arrived I was scared stiff that it might be more birds, because the smell in the living-room is atrocious. However, I don't want to seem ungrateful for the beautiful rings. Your affectionate friend, Gobnait

Day Six
    Nuala,
    What are you trying to do to us ? It isn't that we don't appreciate your generosity but the six geese have not alone nearly murdered the calling birds but they laid their eggs on top of the vet's head from the pear-tree and his bill was £68 in cash ! My mother is munching 60 grains of Valium a day and talking to herself in a most alarming way. You must keep your feelings for me in check. Gobnait

Day Seven
    Nuala,
    W e are not amused by your little joke. Seven swans-a-swimming is a most romantic idea but not in the bath of a private house. We cannot use the bathroom now because they've gone completely savage and rush the door every time we try to enter. If things go on this way, the mother and I will smell as bad as the living-room carpet. Please lay off. It is not fair. Gobnait

Day Eight
    Nuala,
    Who the hell do you think gave you the right to send eight, hefty maids-a-milking here, to eat us out of house and home ? Their cattle are all over the front lawn and have trampled the hell out of the mother's rose-beds. The swans invaded the living-room in a sneak attack and the ensuing battle between them and the calling birds, turtle doves, French hens and partridge make the Battle of the Somme seem like Wanderly Wagon. The mother is on a bottle of whiskey a day, as well as the sixty grains of Valium. I'm very annoyed with you. Gobnait

Day Nine
    Listen you louser !
    There's enough pandemonium in this place night and day without nine drummers drumming, while the eight flaming maids-a-milking are beating my poor, old alcoholic mother out of her own kitchen and gobbling everything in sight. I'm warning you, you're making an enemy of me. Gobnait

Day Ten
    Listen manure-face,
    I hope you'll be haunted by the strains of ten pipers piping which you sent to torment us last night. They were aided in their evil work by those maniac drummers and it wasn't a pleasant sight to look out the window and see eight hefty maids-a-milking pogo-ing around with the ensuing punk-rock uproar. My mother has just finished her third bottle of whiskey, on top of a hundred and twenty four grains of Valium. You'll get yours ! Gobnait O'Lúnasa

Day Eleven
    You have scandalised my mother, you dirty Jezebel,
    It was bad enough to have eight maids-a-milking dancing to punk music on the front lawn but they've now been joined by your friends ~ the eleven Lords-a-leaping and the antics of the whole lot of them would leave the most decadent days of the Roman Empire looking like “Outlook”. I'll get you yet, you ould bag !

Day Twelve
    Listen slurry head,
    You have ruined our lives. The twelve maidens dancing turned up last night and beat the living daylights out of the eight maids-a-milking, ‘cos they found them carrying on with the eleven Lords-a-leaping. Meanwhile, the swans got out of the living-room, where they'd been hiding since the big battle, and savaged hell out of the Lords and all the Maids. There were eight ambulances here last night, and the local Civil Defence as well. The mother is in a home for the bewildered and I'm sitting here, up to my neck in birds' droppings, empty whiskey and Valium bottles, birds' blood and feathers, while the flaming cows eat the leaves off the pear-tree. I'm a broken man.

Gobnait O'Lúnasa

Some Holiday Cheer..... BNW

15. Ok, I made it Woody, thanks for the tip!

Hello everybody!

I'm also a So Cal grower from the San Bernardino area.

I've been growing outside lately, and had to jump back inside while the roofers did their thing.

I got two now.  On the left it's HazC, and the right is a GDP x White Widow Max.  I just flipped them last night.

This pic is from last week...

[​IMG]

16. Thanks!  I think I will.  lol.  puff puff pass left.   :smoking:

17. Thought I'd stop in..i'm down in San Diego area and I'm long time indoor grower..i'm running a perpetual garden in my little studio apt..i build all my stuff cheap and simple..currently I'm flwring 2 cabs with 3 Kalashnikovas and 2 Blue Thai's that'll be ready first wk of jan..have one GG Allin seedling at 12 days on deck and a seed order of Royal Kush on the way to join it..i grow outdrs on a friend's deck in summer..my last 3 summers have been abject failures outdrs..mold,poor timing resulting in mini plnts, and a premature harvest because caretaker moved out of state and site had to be cleared..got plans for summer grow of Haz C this yr outdrs and shutting the indoor grow dwn for couple mos..2 of my chambers are under my loft bed and the other at the foot..sleeping is a challenge
    wtr jugs 003.JPG GGA new shoes 004.JPG GGA new shoes 001.JPG nite before harvest 004.JPG nite before harvest 001.JPG
    pic on the end was harvested last month clones of that are under led that then were moved into the next chmbr..GGA seedling in incubator...2 K's in own chmbr ready in jan

This is the only reason i kept reading was L.B.C,   Wife is from there and her family still lives there..  We may have the same FB friends HAHAHAHA    I went to 24 medical shops down there one time looking for clones  WHAT A JOKE  Came home with 5 clones afpac, Jamaican Og, and can't remember the others..  

Welcome in Doc.. You do some fine work in small spaces with limited funds and mobility for sure.. You are an inspiration to others no doubt.. Keep up the excellent work..