has anyone got busted from posting on this site

Discussion in 'Security' started by mustbelild, Dec 5, 2013.

1. How safe is it to leagally post on this site. Do investigators police ext monitor forum. I got a text from a blocked number with a picture I posted on here and it said is this your work. I don't gave my phone listed on the sight or my email but someone oviosly got my number. I don sell just hav couple plants for personal medicinal use so don't see how they wd even care bout me. Anywaysbhas anyone else got text like that or had legal issues based on post on this or other forums like this?

2. #2 cothrantyson, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2013
    could you stay online a little longer? we can't seem to find your satellite coordinates...er..i mean post

[​IMG]

why do I get the feeling someone is trying to spread paranoia in people with bullshit scare tactic stories about GC....and other forums...and it's always some noob...

4. #4 Apple Jacks, Dec 5, 2013
    That would be weird but i think anyone paranoid about something like that would make use of the many easy and widely available tools to mask their IP making any attempt to trace them harder.I also really doubt that "if" some kind of official did that they wouldn't text you anything let alone a pic.

5. Most people on these forums get busted because they post here. It's true. 

6. .
    leagally safe.

oviosly they had your number

no

7. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19103506" timestamp="1386213008"].leagally safe.oviosly they had your numberno[/quote]Haha just got a good kick out of this thanks. I read to fast and never even noticed all mistakes.

just having fun, the poster might be on some crummy phone.

9. #9 cothrantyson, Dec 5, 2013
    What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything in it?

@snoopdog6502: 42

10. Yea my phone does it to me all the time. Still funny though. No disrespect OP. :)

11. #11 Dro Smoe, Dec 5, 2013
    Obviously a friend (or x g/f?) breakin your balls.. How many "good friends" have you shown the grow to??
    Hopefully NONE

Snoopdog says "DON'T FUCK UP!"

:d

13. I think you just killed the thread lol.

14. i have lost faith in this guys generation. 

15. I thought this was the marijuana forum, my best bet is that the guy was mixing meth with cocaine and some LSD or something, or is just bullshitting because it's impossible.

Either way, on a more serious note - probably was a friend of yours or similar, no-one could find out who you are thru the forum, let alone get your IP address (unless staff), track it and then somehow get your personal details, like your phone number. It's very likely to have been a friend of yours, or you're full of shit.

16. I don't know of anyone of this forum but I know a guy currently sitting in federal prison cell for PM's he sent on another forum that ultimately led to his arrest and conviction. 

If you aren't selling anything then I really wouldn't worry at all. Especially if you are in a medical state. 

17. I think the only way that you would attract police intervention would be if you were keeping a thread updated with pics of a massive and illegal grow op in a non medical state and made it clear that you were growing for profit. But even then... the servers of GC are based in the Netherlands and US officials, or wherever you live, would have to go through the government of the Netherlands just to get permission to access your IP address and it is a long and annoying process involving lots of arbitrary paperwork and international communication. Frankly, if your not posting pics of a huge illegal production facility then you have nothing to worry about.

yeah, sorry to hear about your bust a few days ago as i see from your avatar. next time remember to only have someone who isn't you post.

19. I'm locked up right now for posting on here.

We still find ways on the inside to get on GC.

I seriously came to this thread just to post that exact thing. Which cell block you in, boss?  hahaa