fox farm nutrients /watering advise

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NJtoAZ, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Whats up ppl

Ok so this is going to be my second run .. my first run i didnt use any nutrients so this one im using the three main fox farm nutes on my last run i used about 2 or 3 cups of water every watering so when i mix the nutes in the gallon jug do i just pour out how many cups they need and then is that jug trash??? Plz help thanks

2. 1:Add your water
    2:Add your nutrients (start light. Maybe 1/4 or 1/2 of recommended strength.)
    (Also the info from FF is given for tsp./gal so you'll have to do some conversion math to get the correct ratio for the size of the container or volume of water your using.)
    3: adjust your ph to your desired ph. Usually 5.5-7.0
    4: shake that baby up and then feed/water you plants SLOWLY. (Dont want water running off before all your soil/medium has gotten wet. )
    5: rinse/clean out your container and use again next time.

In some cases guys have been known to mix a full gal jug and keep that mixture for a week or so and use. That's a personal choice. I prefer to mix nutes THE DAY OF watering. Keep it fresh.

3. Also if your using tap water it's a good idea to fill your jug the night before and let it sit uncovered overnight before adding nutes and using to allow the chemicals (chlorine) to gas off. It's not completely necessary but it's a good idea.

4. Since you said that u make a gallon at a time. Maybe try making a half gallon instead. The conversion math is simple. Just do half of what u did for the full gal and then u waste less if u end up throwing out.

For instance:
    1 gallon is 16 cups. So if u make a half gallon that is 8 cups
    If u water 2-3 cups per feeding then a half gal is still 2x more than u need to make.
    If u mix 1/4 gal at a time. Then I would say the amount of waste u would have (about a cup) after u feed your 2-3 cups is minimal.

Another option is just make the 1/2 gal and save for 2-3 feedings.
    But if u do that I would store my mixture I a room temp dark place sealed. And I would be sure to check and adjust ph again before using a premixed batch of nutes.

5. Duh. I dont kno y i didnt think of that half gallon thanks lol

6. And with ph.ing i keep seeing stuff about testing the run off what is that ph supposed to be and if ur watter is 6.5 when feeding what should it be if the runoff is to high or low?

7. Just try to keep it within the tolerance. 5.5-6.5 as a general rule. If get get too low or two high in the root zone or runoff you can always flush it with ph'd water to bring it back. Just stay CONSISTENT with ph adjustment made to your water/nutes. And all should be okay. But if its not. Flush.

8. Remember small corrections. And whenever u do change something. Let the plant adjust and recover from the change. Before making too many more changes. Haha.

9. is it considered a seedling as soon as she pops and when is the seedling stage over?

10. #10 N.Cali-Grown, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
    Wait for your 3rd set of true leaves.

I believe after your third set of true leaves you can start with your FIMing or topping as well. I'm not sure about that one I'd have to look around again. Anyone feel free to correct me on that one.