Smokers Room Decor

Discussion in 'General' started by Oathkeeper, Oct 28, 2013.

1. #1 Oathkeeper, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    So I'm planning out a smoker's room/den in my apartment (smoking it's a problem at my apartment complex). So anyway I'm wanting to decorate the place and I've already got a few things:

- Couple of lavalamps
    - HDTV
    - (planned; one is already bought) 2 futons
    - Aquarium (thanks @[member="MacTonite"] )

So looking for other ideas, also have a specific request on the matter. I'm wanting to order a few hand-painted wooden signs and have them hung on the wall/door/etc. I'm trying to find some neat stoner-culture things to pop on them.

Thanks for the help!

2. Get pics soon! Sounds promising.

3. aquarium, dawg.

4. If you got a blank wall (no windows or doors) pain the wall to look like you have an epic view. can usually find good local artist on CL. 

Got plans to make it look like my room is over looking a forest or maybe a mountain.

5. I'd say go around the artsy part of towns and pick up some cool paintings/photos/ect. from local artists. Maybe a rug in the (horrific) event that some bong water gets spilled. :O

6. You can get wallpaper that looks like a big mural for like 100 bucks
    [​IMG]

7. REALLY liking the aquarium idea (added to OP), would match well with the lavalamps. As for the painting, doubtful I can do that. I don't want to shell out that kind of money only to have to paint over it when I move out, however wallpaper sounds a bit more promising. Only issue is I like the original paint color :p It's sort of a dark creme color, and the carpet accents the color perfectly. Pictures will have to wait cause it's currently part storage part friend couch surfing on the futon I bought lol.

Keep sending those ideas!

8. Get some cool posters and a must have is a soft carpet. I lay on the floor more than My furniture lol

I like my carpet but my futons are super mega comfy so prob. going to use those lol. 

[​IMG]

This is a really basic sketch of the room. The question marks are space to be filled. The brown squares are the two futons, the green circle is a planned nice large circular table. The blue box is the tv hanging on the wall with a small shelf below for misc. There's a closet on the left which idk what to do with it just yet.

10. Black light posters would be quite ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Aquarium sounds fucking sick. Make sure you get sharks too.

Get posters of all your favorite artists. Bong specifically for that room. Or maybe a vape just a cool smoking device. Xbox one. Beanie bag chairs for extra seats. Mini fridge with all the snacks. You could put snacks in the closet too. Just fill that bitch up with munchies and liquor.

You gotta have a stereo or phone dock.

I would get a disco ball too just for solo parties. And you can hang up sports shit too.

12. Blacklight definitley, salt rock lamps can be pretty dope, posters, glow in the dark stars around the black light, bean bag chair, 

13. Keep sending those ideas!
    [​IMG]

The room is going to have my entire collection of pieces (I'm thinking of putting a wooden shelf on the wall to just set them on). Smoke isn't a problem and honestly I like the look of a smokey room. As for the minifridge, great idea! I might even be able to rig it where I can put the fridge in the closet and use the closet as the munchie storeroom. And although drinking is cool, I'm not a big fan of drinking and smoking at the same time, plus it's an expensive habit to keep up especially with friends coming over. As for the stereo, there's a four-corners surround-sound and thinking of putting some wireless speakers on the shelf below the circular table so that you can't see them but the sound still blasts out. But that's an expensive part of the project and is going to be a 'save-for-later' kind of deal.

I have to be in the mood for a blacklight. Def. on my possible list. As for beanbags, I might get 1 or 2 for those that don't want to sit on the futon, but I would only invite over like 4-6 people tops who I know smoke. This room is meant to be a members-only sort of thing lol

15. You sir are a god haha. That line had me dying!! Thank you kind man for the laughs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. definitely get a cool rug, it'll really bring the room together man.

17. #17 AR Toasty, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013

Dig it. Want it. That is legit one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Get a neat set of shelves to keep all of your gear on. Some taller-spaced ones for bongs, keep your tools (grinders, papers, rollers, etc) on there, maybe some wicked 'stoner' books either about weed or classics by guys like Kerouac and Thompson. 

OH, and don't forget about the fucking music station. Gotta have a good zone to play good tunes.

18. Need to have a nice big tv with a gaming system ps4 comes out soon :p gotta get a nice hookah too even if u don't use it they look nice n cool as decor :p have a nice bong and nice bubbler and nice pipe so ppl can chose what they wana use. Comfy couches are a must! And mini fridge full of pop / energy drinks / what ever ur fav drink is. In my room I use to have this big flag I hung on my wall and instead of the Canadian maple leaf it had a big pot leaf :) everyone that came over I use to get them to sign the flag. Now it's pretty much full from all my friends / ppl who came to party. It's something I thought would be cool to do as a momento of all the good times I've had. + something I've never seen done so its my own unique addition to my wall.

19. A massive leather beanbag, there's nothing better then getting stoned on a massive beanbag!

20. I've got a high room as well. My favorite addition was blue LED rope lights running along my crown molding. Turn them on, a black light, an a lava lamp an that sets the mood perfect for a heavy session.