Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Creatine and Marijuana - DONT DO BOTH

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by HazedHead, Oct 24, 2013.

1. #1 HazedHead, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
    Hello again guys! I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I just wanted to put this recent PSA i have just found that i thought everyone should know! I will try to make this short, as my longer story is in my previous thread.

Okay so basically i smoked weed for my like 15th time last july and felt like i was in a dream for 2 to 3 months. I had panic attacks and everything not knowing if it would go away. It was like i was still high, like i couldn't comprehend the world around me. I would do something and then forget what i did. Aaaaanyway so luckily last week i was talking to my new friend about it for the first time..and he said the SAME thing happened to him! I was astonished to finally find someone who this happened to! We started talking and he said it was because he was using creatine, and soon after he stopped, he was returned to normal. For those who don't know, creatine is a substance bodybuilders use to retain more water in their muscles, so your body holds a LOT (i gained 10 pounds) of water. Suddenly everything now made sense. You see, i started using creatine June 7th, 2013. And the time i smoked was July 7th, 2013, exactly a month later. I did some research and i found studies stating that creatine takes full effect 30 days after taking everyday, and 30 days for creatine levels to return to normal (it's a naturally in your body). So i will admit, i do not know the science behind why this could happen, but all i know is that it DOES happen. Because while me and him were talking, our other friend chimed in and said the same thing happened with her boyfriend when he took creatine, he thought he was going crazy, And then i found out that my other friend had the same thing happen to him on creatine. Like i said, i am not sure why it happens or why it happens to only some people, i am just saying to lay off the creatine if you think your going crazy if your on it! I hope this helps some people out there! I stopped creatine almost a week ago and i feel so so much better! I am much more alert! Just 3 more weeks and i should return to 100% normal and be able to enjoy the wonderful herb again :). Have a good day!

UPDATE: Exactly one week later i am feeling sick, headache, stuffy nose, that sort of thing. I am not sure if this has any relevance to stopping creatine but i havnt been sick in 2 years. Could be my body adjusting

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. #2 Stride420, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    Ok... What the fuck are you talking about? So you've smoked a total of 15 times and you blame your panic attack and derealization to creatine because it makes you hold water?Whatever problem you guys had is most likely because you were dehydrated between smoking and supplementing with creatine. Like you said creatine is naturally occuring in the body and is consumed from red meat. On top of that creatine is just a "mixture" of three amino acids. Its not gonna cause panic attacks followed by derealization for months after.Correlation=/=causation.

3. Maybe you should see a doctor dude? Wtf

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. What if I don't take creatine and felt that way? How can I stop forgetting things while I'm smoking?

5. What did i just read

• Like Like x 1
  6. when i was in highschool i used to lift more frequently and was taking creatine and smoking along with a whooole list of other unmentionables and never once felt like this. i think you should go get checked out though...you never know.

7. Same story here. I've had it a few times before with weed and no I'll effects, know heaps of people that are the same. Might of been a filler in that particular brand or something?

Either way I would of thought more water in the body would of reduced the effect of weed not enhanced it.

"like i couldn't comprehend the world around me. I would do something and then forget what i did."

Most people call that a good buzz. lol

• Like Like x 1
    Write them down.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I have been lifting for 15 months, and have been using creatine as a daily supplement for 6 months. I also smoke weed nearly every night, as it aides my appetite and insomnia (anyone who lifts knows that food and sleep are where your gains will come from). I can assure you that not only have I never heard of such a relationship between creatine and marijuana, but I have never even noticed any of these effects from the combination of the two. 

To the mental effects you're describing, I'd say you're just tripping dude. That's like saying eating red meat while high will cause panic attacks. 

When taking creatine, you need to drink a lot of water. I'm talking like 1-2 gallons per day, and that's if you want to fully wear off any dehydration symptoms. Dehydration involves not only physical effects, but mental effects as well, so I'd recommend you drink some more water bud. 

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. #10 Heroic Dose, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    creatine had nothing to do with it. youre just a noob smoker getting stoned.

I think the OP made some interesting "suggestions" about the possibility of negative side effects caused from creatine. Besides that I've watched my friend go through weight-related stress/anxiety when he started taking creatine. So I'd like to use the hasty generalization fallacy to advise you to be careful with the creatine! I don't believe creatine is FDA approved (like that's saying much anyways) but also that little unbiased researched has actually been on the supplement. I'm not saying it's bad. Just keep an open mind that it may turn up to be problematic for human health in the future.  :confused_2:

12. You are suppose to have breaks too, not just non stop. And yeah drink a shit load of water. His symptoms do sound a bit like dehydration, I remember if I got lazy with my water after a few days your mood changes and you can feel light headed and that but yeah that's just because you're not using it properly.

13. There is plenty of unbiased research, take a look around (I know Natural Standard Research did plenty of studies on creatine). But yeah, I understand the possibilities you mentioned. The only thing I would caution against with the use of creatine would be dehydration, because it's a lot more serious than most people think. 

14. Lol this is comedy.

I smell DEA bullshit...his stories are debunked and so he makes up more stories to tell...

16. I don't use creatien and this has been going on for 2 weeks now will it go away?? What is the longest time it can take? Please help me I'm very scared and feel alone

17. Moms are good for hugs........

18. I've been using different varieties of creatine as an exercise supplement for longer than 4 years. I have been using Fusion Purple K monhydrate creatine for the past 3 years. The only side effect I can perceive is that it works very well as a supplement to base nutrition. 
    Considering your body makes creatine, I don't understand how using it as well as herb would cause any issues whatsoever. Maybe you would get bloated from being more hungry than usual?

19. dude nothing in creatine is gonna make you feel"HIGH", the this you describe happended to me too the first times. I think that it happens because your mind is viewing things in a different perspective. when that happened to me I was like that for months. I would look at the ground and would feel like it was close to my face, think I was high. but I think it was I was receiving new perceptions of what else is there that I was experiencing this, well it goes away and it not because of creatine.

20. bro that has nothing to do with creatine im sorry to say but u got physcosis bro ive seen and heard this so many times, physcosis sucks, hope u good now
    o