Indica (Diamond OG) at 75 days flower, barely any amber trichomes. Please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nastrabrahmus, Oct 23, 2013.

1. So I have been flowering 3 Diamond OG ladies for 75 days now. I am still seeing barely any amber trichomes whatsoever. Like... maybe 1% are amber, if that.  I know that flowering times can vary widely, but this seems ridiculous, considering EVERY other source I've looked at/talked to about this strain says it always finishes 8-9 weeks. I've grown several indicas previously, and none took even remotely as much time as this has. 

Here's my main issue: the person who gave me the clones told me to flush at the start of week 8, which is what I did. Well here we are midway through week 11 and these plants have only been receiving RO water for the last 3 weeks! I'm very frustrated because every other day I'm checking the trichomes with a 50x and seeing no progress with regards to ambering trichomes. I've reluctant to give the plants a slight boost with some guano or something of that nature over the last few weeks in fear that they would turn after I did so and the flush would have been rendered worthless. But now... the ladies are clearly lacking nutrients in the soil due to the flush and the leaves are rapidly browning and curling upwards. They seem to be slightly drying as well. I picked off a bud about 13 days ago to test it and smoked it probably 9 days ago. It gave me a more racy high than desired, so I knew it wasn't fully ready yet.

I just don't know what to do. I keep hoping that if I hold off for another day or two, the ambering will increase. At the same time, I don't want to wait too long and have something bad happen, especially with the fan leaves dying off. To make maters worse, I have to leave town for 48 hours this weekend. I didn't think this would be an issue months back as I was told they would 100% be done by now and well on their way to curing in jars.

The plants are on their dark cycle, but I would be happy to post pics later on this evening.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. 160 views and your thread ain't 24 hours old, ....email your breeder for assistance