I wanna play. Moses micro.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mosesnumb, Oct 12, 2013.

1. #21 mosesnumb, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    All right... you asked for it. Here goes. Any questions please feel free to ask. I feel like the pics explain pretty well. View attachment 1293847

Attached Files:

2. Bravo sir!  That reflector is perfect for the size of the fridge, what temps are you getting inside?

3. #32 mosesnumb, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    The reflector was 4 feet. Its one side of a t5ho reflector I cut down. I haven't put a thermometer in it yet but it's always close to ambient. The 4" fan moves 101 cfm. The filter restricts it, but even at 25%, 25cfm is 5 times the cfm of the fridge. There is some good static pressure.I'm also quite certain that the way my light and filter set up, that air is pulled up from the front of the fridge across the top of the reflector back in to the filter. It stays so cool near the lights even with 6 23w bulbs.

4. #33 chippedugliss, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    How about light height adjustment? You'll surely want that if you plan to grow with CFLs? Or do you plan to put something under the runoff pan to lift the plant closer to the lights?

Super clean-looking box though man. Your garage looks so much less cluttered than mine, I envy you.

5. Your td 100 fan caught my attention. Stealth is critical for me, but so is ventilation, it's a balancing act I have yet to master. How is the noise level? I did a web search and could not find db levels, so relative comparison would be helpful. If it sounds like your typical bathroom fan I might be out of luck but it is generally quiet, then hmmm. People may also be curious about wiring, I figured you wired it into a standard plug. Thanks for sharing.

6. My garage is a disaster. And I barely call it a garage... more like a 10'x16' work space. Or the manshed as I call it.

My temps over the last 24 hours have been 77-84f . Not too bad...

I have plenty of reflector left that I'm making a 150 hps setup for when the fridge goes full time flower. The hps setup will be semi air cooled.

The fridge for now is a lst mother machine. I'm lst'ing the akxww to bush it out for my tent. And I have a few beans started in there along with a couple monster crop clones from my tent now. So the cfls can stay aways away. To be honest I kind of like how it streches a little bit. Its sure opening up new bud sites below.

7. The fans not too bad. Rubber mount it, wired to a plug. The fans not loud at all actually. Its the rush of the air leaving the duct is what I can hear if I listen.

I need to work something out for a mini muffler of some sort. Depending on how stout of a filter you had I'm almost positive that you could run a speed controller and not even be able to tell its on.

But had I not had the fan already, I would probably have got a 6" and a 6-4 reducer. The center bulge of the fan is a cunt hair over 6", and you can never have too much fan.

8. Thanks for taking the time to respond, helpful. Indeed, can never have too many fans. In fact, I wonder if someone has ever done a fan grow. The idea would involve four box fans, all running. Toss in something for lighting .

9. Some dirty little bitch got an upgradde. Note : the "double d's" for the double dose of soil in the unfolded 2 gal smart pot.

Roots made it through into the perlite, so I pulled it, filled it full of fresh soil, and stuck it back on top.

So I there should be some good growth here in the next week or so.

Attached Files:

10. What a slut.

Attached Files:

11. Saaaaaweeeeetuuuhhhhh.

Attached Files: