I wanna play. Moses micro.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by mosesnumb, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Alright, I'm finally ready to admit it... I think I'm a micro grower. So rather than trying to keep up with my tent as it changes constantly. I will try to document the "little" things I do.

So here it is... my mini fridge!

Attached Files:

2. that's pretty sweet...do you keep the door open or closed?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Phssshh. Shut. This is stealth... I'm over hauling my lights with a hacked up t5 reflector and 6 cfl's.

4. #4 Leafalize, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
    Do you use a fan in there?Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Yeah, im over hauling the lights tmrw and installing a fan for air movement. This thing is steeeeeeaaaaalllllthy!

6. #6 mosesnumb, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    Well had a f up with my new light design. I want to maximize the little height I have. I'm really thinking about not even putting a fan inside, that td100 fan moves plenty of air through the fridge. View attachment 1290876 1381799778934.jpg

7. Hey moses, I saw your other thread in here too - are you gonna stick with the mini SOG? Do you think that would outperform a single scrog in there? I'm currently looking to do a similar multi-chamber micro setup but with a bigger flowering chamber (2'x2'x4'). Also, do you think organics perform well in mini SOG's? Seems to me like it would perform better in larger containers with more space for soil (and everything else lol). Cheers man keep us posted on this, it looks like a lot of fun  :smoke:

8. #8 breedingbitches, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
    This all looks awesome! It's exactly what I've been trying to put together, so i can start growing soon. 
    How is it for smell? There are three people here, do you think they'd notice?

Also, I now this might be a pain in the ass, but do you think you could explain your process of creating the actually set up? I don't wanna screw up hahah/

9. I am most definitely going to rock a non stop rotating shift of solo cups through the fridge once it gets into winter more.

I need a crafty mother chamber/ cloner before I can really start cranking em out.

I'll be using my patented (hah!) Solo sip setup. I've managed to average between 3.5 -7.6 grams per cup... so with some tuning and strain selection I'm sure I can make 7 gram per cup all day.

I'm still in the process of redesigning my light setup so I can really put some green in my bowl...

Heres tonight's manicure and LST.

1381978876139.jpg

10. Oh! And yes, the fridge will be venturing out to my garage for a tune up, so I can take pictures and try to explain what I did and why.

I've been tinkering on the fridge for almost a year now, so it's had many small changes. It at once had 240w led in there, but I put it with my 600w hps in my tent. So back to flouros it went.

But I gotta few tricks that the tent has taught me...
    1381979182651.jpg

11. I'll surely be watching this. Loving the binder clip LST - what a genius way to make sure you can modify later on.

12. Lengthen, shorten, change angles. They work wonders. Just a little speaker wire tied to one, and clip the wire to your pot.

As soon as this Afghan Kush x white widow is big enough for clones, the fridge will get its first fill of solo cup sips.

Lol, either that or I may scrog it out... I like growing weed too much, and it seems as if I'm never satisfied. I wish I could have like 50 grows at a time just to tinker with...

13. That's why you grow micro - you could easily have yourself 5 or 10 boxes stacked up on each other just to try different techniques and strains. Get a nice high powered fan and you can pull air through a few of them all at once.

Got a link for those solo cup sips? I got a few seedlings in solo cups right now, might build a little box just to do solo cup grows in with ya.

14. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1154867-SIP-fundamentals

Here's a wild goose chase for ya. Its my thread in that link.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has done it, but I don't think I've seen it before either.

15. #15 chippedugliss, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
    Ok so it's just what I'd imagined it was. Let the games begin eh?

edit - I've seen basically the same thing but used as a cloner - top cup is filled with perlite as well instead of soil.

16. I really wish there'd be another solo cup grow off... I recall the tragic end to that...

17. Tell us a story Moses!  Were there burning bushes?

18. Lol, no, there were a bunch of butt hurt growers that got angry because evidently when you start something and lay down rules on page 1, I guess everyone else is supposed to be able to bend and break rules all they want.

Went from having about 12 participants to 0.

One way or another my new lights are going in the fridge tonight.

19. I'm ready for pics of a revamped fridge when you are.

20. As soon as I get a chance I'll drag it out to the garage and get it posted for ya. 3 prototypes so far for the 6 cfl t5 reflector...