Washington and Colorado Marijuana prices

Discussion in 'General' started by geetardude, Sep 19, 2013.

1. I've been reading some shit lately about how the prices are pretty much going to be the same as black market prices. Is it some kind of Law that says that the dispensaries HAVE to sell the weed at these prices? I was just thinking if I ran a dispensary/weed store and decided I wanted to sell my buds for like $25 an eighth, is there anything the government could do about it? I thought when weed was legalized prices were supposed to go DOWN! It seems that all the dispensaries are going to just have the prices like they always have been? $15/g(?) 50-60 an eighth. I live in an illegal state, mind you, but this is just what has come to mind.

The only reason I can think of as to why the stores won't want to do this, is they won't make as much money for their "limited" supply, but wouldn't the MASSIVE business they get from the lower prices cover this? I'm thinking that they could easily grow enough to keep up with the demand. In fact, wouldn't it take only 2 or 3 dispensaries to do this to upset the legal weed market? Soon enough, the other dispensaries would be like "shit, no one's buying our weed, we need to lower our prices to compete." Hence, we could get legal weed prices down to like $35 an eighth? Or is there something I'm just not seeing?

2. Bro your numbers are all wrong, dispensaries here arent priced at 50-60 an 1/8th only stuff ive seen sell at 15 a gram is concentrates, i get an 1/8th for about $18 dorra

3. You can sell your weed any price you want. But you are off with your prices. I'm a medical patient in Colorado and a legit dispensary should have lower shelf (cheaper) and top shelf (expensive). Where I go prices are $30 > $35 > $40 > $45 an eighth depending on shelf and concentrates are $25 a gram,

4. There will probably be set prices like they have with liquor in my state. Have to charge X amount and can only tack on X% for profit. 

The problem is they don't want people buying weed for cheap in legalized states and shipping it off to illegal states for a profit. That's the kind of activity that would get the feds involved and could fuck up this whole legal weed thing. 

5. That's been happening for a while now. You can double your money easy buying weed off the street in Colorado and bringing it back to a state like Texas.

6. There's also a huge tax on marijuana in those legalized states making the prices go up. I haven't heard anything about a fixed price

7. So true!! Major tax.

8. Okay I guess my info was indeed wrong. I was told that the legal weed is going to be sold at or above black market prices, which I found to be fucky. When it comes to lower shelf quality, are we talking like schwag but not bricked up and shit? Or is it pretty much like dank but for some reason it just doesn't have high thc content? Whats the price they are selling grams then? 

9. The stores aren't open in Washington yet, I think they're coming in November or December so I can't really say anything about the prices. Medical prices are anywhere from 10-20 a gram depending on the grade, thc content, ect.

10. I was paying less than what the dispensaries in my town were charging by $20 bucks on an ounce.

11. #11 Dandiwer, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
    [quote name="geetardude" post="18704875" timestamp="1379570227"]When it comes to lower shelf quality, are we talking like schwag but not bricked up and shit? Or is it pretty much like dank but for some reason it just doesn't have high thc content? Whats the price they are selling grams then?[/quote]It don't have the same THC content and I would think most average smokers would see the difference physically. Sometimes the bud has a different look and smell like when it's not cured long enough or properly.Grams are $10-$20 depending on shelf.

12. well, on the streets, yeah the prices are the same. at the weed store, i can get the best shit for 25$  a eighth. this is right here in Washington. what im thinking is going to happen is what happens on the streets. sure, you can all try to stay high on the price but theres that one dick head who sells for a little bit lower, and then competition comes, and goes even lower, and then prices go back up because its fucking retarded.....and THEN big pharma comes around the corner with a warehouse (which in fact, theres a bunch of rich fuckers running these warehouses as we speak) of weed pretty much comparable to yours , and then their prices don't even matter because they will low ball the fuck outta you. i think too if it becomes a issue, the government will just stomp out their competition. aka the dispensaries. which they will probably do if they even do full legalize it. honestly, i think its going to be a toss up and you will have to wait and see

but im just blowin smoke out my ass so don't mind me,