GDPS Bay 11 smoke report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by medsforme, Sep 18, 2013.

1. #1 medsforme, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
    I harvested my Bay 11 last Saturday and have been tearing through the mids since. This is the stickiest bud I've ever grown and, so far, the most impressive all around.
     ​
    IMG_3792-small.JPG IMG_3793-small.JPG
     ​
    IMG_3794-small.JPG IMG_3795-small.JPG
     ​
    IMG_3796-small.JPG IMG_3797-small.JPG

They are incredibly resinous, with a sweet smell that hits your nose full force the second you open your stash jar. I took me five hours to trim what dried out to a little over 60 grams and had scissor hash to smoke every 15 minutes or so. It made five hours seem like two. The sweet is not like the Red Cherry Berry, which actually does smell of cherry when you break it down, nor is it the sugar cane smell of the LA Chocolat. I'd say it smells a bit like faint honey. It's still hard to pin down, and I'm thinking the uppers will help in that research down the road.

Breaking down a bud to put through my ice bong, I have to scrape hair and resin off my fingers. If I were going to break some down for a blunt, I'd want gloves or scissors. It's that sticky and it's only the mids.

The smoke is smooth, and hits your brain without you realizing it. Then suddenly, the music you have on in the background catches your attention, and you're off in another world.

Not the least bit lethargic at all as well. This is/was wonderful to wake up to. I'm skeptical about "awards", regardless of who bestows them, but I can say that this strain is the real deal.

I'll be posting more pics and observations as I tear through the mids and make my way to the uppers.

:smoke:

2. Awesome post, thanks for sharing.

A dispensary near me had some Bay 11 recently but it was going for over $400 an ounce :huh: so I passed. Sounds like a great strain though. 

3. $400/oz is crazy. That is one of the reasons I decided to go the route I did. If you can ever get a smaller amount for a good deal, I'd take the plunge. I'm still trying to figure out the exact sweet smell.

I LOVE music on this strain! :metal:

4. I'll definitely check it out once I find a reasonable price. If that place doesn't get any more I'm sure someone else will. 

5. I'll be harvesting my GDPS Candyland in about three weeks, and will do a smoke report about it as well. If Bay 11 is any indication, it should be a good one.

If it turns out good, I'm going to make sure to get another strain or two from GDPS when I order beans in the Spring.

6. I hereby award you the "real deal" strain award. Good job well done!! Thank you :)

7. IMG_3809-small.JPG IMG_3810-small.JPG IMG_3813-small.JPG IMG_3814-small.JPG IMG_3815-small.JPG IMG_3816-small.JPG
    A few uppers. Even stickier than it looks, with a blast of sweet that hits your nose every second you're around this stuff. I'm sold on GDPS seeds and am eagerly awaiting the harvesting of my GDPS Candyland in about three weeks.​

8. Sounds good mate, great report.

9. Great report.  Those are some nice looking buds, too.  :metal:

10. I really appreciate the feedback everyone.

I'm getting excited for my GDPS Candyland harvest, which is weeks away.

11. Are you sure it took 5 hours for 60 grams? Seems extremely slow i can do a whole pound dry trim in 3 to 4 hours.

12. I take my time, partially because of medical conditions that I'm growing the weed to treat. I also took time out to smoke scissor hash, which was quite often because of how much resin the plants have. :bongin:

13. all good was just wondering. Haha got too busy smoking and forgot to trim. It happens and I know that scissor hash shit can knock you out.

14. Good to hear GDPS is legit. Iv got purpl dream n OG kush from em. A lil more excited to grow em now

Sent from my DROID X2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Part of it was because I had classic 70's rock playing in the background. :metal:

16. I was looking at purple dream and phantom cookies as part of my next order.

17. I finished off the last of this at 4:20 this morning and have finally pinpointed the type of sweet that this strain has.

Agave Nectar. The light kind, not the dark.

18. Good to hear that this strain is a winner.  I have three Bay 11 plants waiting to be harvested in the next week or two.  Curious, did you grow this strain inside or outside?  Nice report.

19. I grew it inside, in two tents, under LED's.

Thanks for the feedback. You'll love this strain - especially in a vape.

20. Haven't tryed it yet but mine looks identical and smells like you describe. Mine at mid flower had a smell that could only be described as stink. Late in flower it turned sweet... I preferred the stink Lol.