Terpene production/timing

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by veener, Sep 13, 2013.

1. An old grower once told me that when a bug is attacking a plant, that plant will use the stress to produce more terpenes to attract predator bugs. I don't know if there's any truth to this but Jerry's post made me think of it.

Another thing worth mentioning here would be how when the plant is dry, the trichs swell or something. It's to keep the seeds moist(we're keeping it sensi' right?)? So you end up with more oil in the end ... Idk

Just shit I'd heard or read. What do you think? :)

2. #22 TommyNov, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
    Just reading through here, happened to notice this comment, .

It seems you are referencing this link with the intention that the original poster is attempting to lower THC levels.

In your referenced link, the only citation I can find that implies anything about lowering THC is this, "The consensus among Watson and several associates: Terpene-infused resin with 50 percent THC was more potent by dry weight than an equivalent amount of pure THC."

So your logic seems a bit off sir.. your reference is actually pointing towards a more balanced ratio of THC to terpenes...not that anyone would actually lower the THC level, rather that they try to raise the Terpene level... Thanks for the link though!