Lets share pics of our vegetable fruit harvests

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by doinYoda, Sep 7, 2013.

1. what you had mentioned in your sharing.. i like the dog mostly .jjajajaja .
    • <a class="clickable js-inline-clickable">loyalty</a>

2. Some of this years harvest, it has been a good season here in New England

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very nice Dirtdoc :D I bet it was delicious! :yummy: Thanks for sharing! :cool:

I'm glad to hear that you had a good season. :hello:

Where I am, in the Midwest, we didn't have a good growing season for warm weather vegetables. Herbs and cool weather loving veggies did great, thankfully! :)

4. #84 doinYoda, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2015
    Onion harvest 100815.jpg

Yesterday's onion harvest, what was left of them to harvest anyway. The last few jalapenos are in there somewhere too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448125465.946863.jpg my veg garden and sunflowers in the early summer . It's looking pretty bare now . Only parsley and organo left . Parsley seems to thrive with the cooler weather

• Like Like x 1
  6. #86 Ant Dog, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    Just took this pic . Looking pretty sad . I am finding random merrygolds popping up witch is pretty cool being I haven't grown them for 3 years now and it's suppose to be to cold for them where I live in the winter yet they keep coming back every year and the last two winters have been brutal . Some of them are just popping up in November . Be snow soon lol

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448126052.001573.jpg anybody ever grow sun flowers ? This is one of the funnest flowers I have grown because they grow so fast and tall . Plus my girl loves them . A few of mine went over 6 feet this year and It was my first time growing them

A little tip . If you start them inside the roots grow really fast and if they get just a little root bound they won't get tall and make sure you have a way to keep the birds alway . The birds attacked my baby sun flowers relentlessly

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448126597.278511.jpg the current look of my sad garden . I forgot to put the pic with the post . I do that a lot

9. So I gotta ask . DoingYoda and Yoda are you guys a couple or the names just a coincidence ?

10. nice looking peppers . None of mine turned red till it got cold . Than a few actaully even turned purple but the growing season was over at that point

It was my first time growing bell peppers . I was under the impression they all turn red when fully ripe but I guess I was mistaken . The red taste sweeter to me anyways but mine would rot on the vine before they changed colors . Normally I just grow tomatoes , spices . and a couple different flowers . I'll admit peppers were a little more challenging to grow than tomatoes . Took them 3 weeks just to germinate . I think I may have stunted them when they was young treating them like my tomatoes . My tomatoes hold up fine to a few nights in the 40s . Peppers didn't seem to like the chilly nights but I still ended up with more peppers than I knew what to do with ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448130735.716356.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. #91 jmick, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    IMG_0183.JPG
    I had 38 cherry tomato plants this year, all started from seed, 4 different varieties...
    I grow in buckets because we have so many nematodes that hurt the plants growth.
    I got a little over 60 pounds.....we ate a lot of tomatoes...haha
    I did grow them right side up, tho...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've grown sunflowers a few different times over the years. This past summer we had them sprouting up near the bird feeders, I let the birds have them.
    Thanks for sharing! :cool: I still have a few things in the garden too. We got our first snow of the season today, so other than bunching onions, carrots, thyme, sage and kale I'm not sure there'll be much else to harvest over the next couple weeks.

lol, We both get asked that quite a bit. We're a couple. ;)
    Wow, that's a lot of cherry tomatoes!
    Rumor has it that you can grow cherry tomatoes upside down, if you want too. :p LOL
    Thanks for sharing jmick :)

13. I wouldn't mind the birds eating them so much but they was attacking them before they had a chance to grow . I kept them in the window the fist couple days of germination but soon as I put them outside to harden them off the birds would dig up the seedlings . Eventually I hung little aluminum round cake pans around them and they finally left them alone but we had a little war going on for a week or so . I hated them birds

Cool name btw guys . I got a nice smile reading that

14. Ant Dog, Peppers in the north east should always be started in doors. They need a long growing season up here, I start mine with seeds around mid March, then I but them out side in early June. The key is to find a full sun area for them. I also use a black filter fabric over them to keep the ground nice and worm, they love soil that drains well so raised beds with a good mix of compost and per-lite work well. I fined peppers also love dry soil. so a good deep watering once a week works well. They will start to turn red the longer you keep them on the plant but yes you need to keep a close eye on them to make sure they don't start to get soft. The redder the sweeter but I also like them green. Peppers are my most favorite to grow. I have started doing some clones this winter in the tent, we will see how this works. Happy growing and lets look forward to next season.

15. thanks for the tips bro . Much appreciation. Good luck with your clones this winter
    Appreciated *

16. Hey now, it's early in the east coast for harvest... So I'll show what I just sowed in the window... Hopefully in 7-10 days well have a harvest...
    Micros; amaranth, carrots, red oak lettuce, peas.... I couldn't help but wonder what a tray of hemp micros might taste like and how magic they probably are medicinally... Ohhhhh... Let's find out!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Werd!

17. Absolute fail.... Unless your growing hyphae for sale![​IMG]
    Maybe some fresh seeds and better environment... Yum!

18. Here's a small portion of some green beans I grew a while ago.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Very nice everyone! Thanks for sharing! :cool:

Harvested right around 5lbs of scapes the other day from two different varieties of hardneck garlic- Duganski and Music. :yummy:

20160624_112815.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. image.jpeg image.jpeg Lettuces, chives, sun sugar golden cherry toms, strawberries plus a ton of sugar peas that aren't pictured

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1