Joint rolling question

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Scarfacee, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Im newish to joints

I started with weed with blunts rolled by other people. When I got into smoking by myself I bought a Pax and then was given a fake roor that I love. Currently my bowl is broken and vape screen lost and I've yet to replace them so I'm smoking almost exclusively joints and GB but my GB was thrown out accidentally so joints for a few more days until I get replacements.
    Anyhow I was terrible at rolling but I've gotten a lot better lately.

The one problem I have is tucking the end thats going to be lit. I have no problem tucking the end by the crutch and rolling from there, but I cant tuck the other end before rolling. What I usually wind up with is a cone joint that has to be filled in with more weed or winds up as a short fat joint.

Whats the best way to go about completing the rolling process after getting the tuck on the crutch

2. #2 The Egg Man, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013
    best way to start out is with a dollar bill IMO

http://youtu.be/2Q0hr4ah_NQ

3. I start with the crutch and get it tucked then kind of rock the joint back and forth in a rolling motion I suppose. This prevents it from unrolling and then right before the end I sometimes seal the rest then tuck the end you light.

Hope that made sense...

4. Sometimes I wrap the paper around a pen/pencil to get it curves, that works most times and makes it almost auto-tuck :) Hope that helped!

5. Yea I start with a crutch and then it rolls itself really.

Just rolled one and didn't try this but it sounds ingenious and I expect it will be the perfect solution. Thanks

No worries man :) Good luck on your rolling journey! 

8. also, try licking very lightly on the paper above the weed where you want your paper to tuck in at, give it something to grab onto! i know ive been rolling for a while now, and i still get this issue time to time, especially if my stash is drier than normal! the dryer the bud, the harder to roll.

9. #10 blaze_125, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    [quote name="Scarfacee" post="18608838" timestamp="1378011991"]The one problem I have is tucking the end thats going to be lit. I have no problem tucking the end by the crutch and rolling from there, but I cant tuck the other end before rolling. What I usually wind up with is a cone joint that has to be filled in with more weed or winds up as a short fat joint. Whats the best way to go about completing the rolling process after getting the tuck on the crutch[/quote] The 1 and only way is the way you will like the most as you keep practicing the art of rolling a joint.Roll it; if you like it smoke it.If you don't like it, take it apart and start over until you get something you are proud of and satisfied with. you will quickly become the one person people go to, to get their sh!t rolled. It looks like you put the filter in before you start rolling. Is that right? I got 2 theories for you. 1. If you are indeed putting the filter before you start rolling, your filter is likely too small in relation to the amount of weed you're putting in.  Combine a small filter with putting the filter in before you roll will almost inevitably give you a cone shaped joint simply because of muscle reflexes. 2. If you're not putting the filter before, then you are very likely applying uneven pressure on the joint as you roll.  You are applying more pressure on the small end, and less pressure on the bigger end.  Same principle as rolling playdough with your fingers.If you are putting the filter first, try rolling without. If you are not, then try with one. I prefer to put the filter in once everything is done.

10. Once you get your initial tuck at the crutch, run your thumb down the joint while simultaneously rolling the crutch up with your fingers that's holding it. Never let go of the crutch during your roll. Your right thumb should be doing all the tucking while your left is doing the rolling. 

11. roll, pinch the middle, tuck the sides, roll

12. work your way up from roach to tip then tap on table and blaze

13. Is it not trendy to use a roller anymore? I have been using a roller for years. Rolls perfect joints everytime.