Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help decided in a new grinder

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sidddarthur, Aug 22, 2013.

1. #1 sidddarthur, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    Im thinking about getting a new grinder but im not sure on what size grinder I should get. Im stuck between a 2.5 or a 3, im not sure if the 3 inch grinder would be way too big and I like being discrete any suggestions.

2. Imo, no size is too big. I have a small cosmic grinder and i wouldn't mind if it was bigger. But it does the job whether I'm rolling papers or packing bowls

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. SweetStone clear top (it's cool to watch your bud grind). Got mine from Amazon with a "Cali-Crusher" pollen press. With shipping around $30.
    Peace

4. Santa Cruz Shredder

5. anything that works

6. Sharpstone stone nothing better. It depends on how much weed you grind at one time or if you like to keep bud in ur grinder. If so then yes get the bigger one. I personally got a little bit on the smaller end (dont know the measurement) one that was of higher quality. Picked mine up from a local headshop for 50.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. On the otherhand.... sharpstone has terrible customer service in general and are fakers.

I myself have a gold clear top shsrpstone grinder 4 piece. Have had it about 3 months.... about a month after i got the grinder, a tooth in the clear top just fell out... well shit i thought... but it seemed flawless otherwise.... roughly a week later another one fell and caught mid grind.. bent a bottom tooth and its went downhill from there.....

NOW HERES THE BIG PROBLEM (and where i got screwed)..... the sharpstone grinder website isnt the manufacture... they only do warranty repair if you buy through the website.... they wont give you any info on where or how to get warranty work.... I BOUGHT MY GRINDER FROM A HEADSHOP and so no warranty.... no shit... paid 80 bucks for it..... and used it 3 months...... terrible experience.... i cant even find the info to get mine replaced/repaired ....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. So far since the 2 fell out... 2 others have now broke off due to slapping against bent studs from the bottom.... its like a warping domino effect.... ever since the first one fell and caught sideways and bent a bottom tooth, it just keeps fuckin up.... i def got a dud grinder... it happens.. however this sharpstone website is only retailer and will not fix my grinder bullshit is just wrong...$80 is a lotta dough for a grinder.......

Attached Files:

9. #9 Grade a kush, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
    [quote name="humphammer" post="18669840" timestamp="1379030337"]On the otherhand.... sharpstone has terrible customer service in general and are fakers.I myself have a gold clear top shsrpstone grinder 4 piece. Have had it about 3 months.... about a month after i got the grinder, a tooth in the clear top just fell out... well shit i thought... but it seemed flawless otherwise.... roughly a week later another one fell and caught mid grind.. bent a bottom tooth and its went downhill from there..... NOW HERES THE BIG PROBLEM (and where i got screwed)..... the sharpstone grinder website isnt the manufacture... they only do warranty repair if you buy through the website.... they wont give you any info on where or how to get warranty work.... I BOUGHT MY GRINDER FROM A HEADSHOP and so no warranty.... no shit... paid 80 bucks for it..... and used it 3 months...... terrible experience.... i cant even find the info to get mine replaced/repaired .... Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote] damn dude that really sucks but mine has been perfect ive had it about 5 months and it collects hellla kief it was prob a fake dude. I would get you a pic of mine but its hidden away. Show me a pic of the hole grinder. Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #10 QuadSportz06, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
    There's some reasonable priced grinders on eBay. I got a 3" 4 piece. Its the shizzznitAluminum BTWSent from my LGL86C

11. I got a free plastic grinder when i bought my pipe online...works great for me and no chipping/breaking or plastic shards in my weed. I was breaking up with my hands before i got a grinder and still break it up a lil before i put it in my grinder so make it grind easier..

12. Pretty certain mine is real... its a great grinder sorta... lol.. i know its nice... just a dud if that makes sense..... if that tooth would not have just fell out and caught mid grind it would be flawless... great kief catcher... smoothly grabs and spins on n off.... but thats all null when its fucked and i cant seem to find anywhere to get the warranty done......

Anyways, just a warning cause they seem to be only providing warranty if bought from the website... which is fuckery... i got to go argue with the headshop now... which is gonna be a bitch cause its not their fault either....

Attached Files:

13. Same here I got the purple one.. It's awesome

14. i suggest a 3 in. sharpstone

15. Santa Cruz Shredder without a doubt. Hands down the finest thing I've ever grinded with. Used to have a 3" 4pc clear top SharpStone till the teeth just bent and broke after 6 months, upgraded to a BEAUTIFUL 4" Santa Cruz shredder and have been grateful ever since ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1379166323.857784.jpg

16. #16 AuhMayZing, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
    Chromium Crusher for sure.

I've had this grinder for five years and still counting.
    this thing is a monster in keeping an even grind and collects a ton of kief.
    Magnetic so it won't spill even if you drop it. 

definitely my top three for best stoner investment.

17. Forget eBay. Amazon, 4 piece pollen grinder, $5.

18. Correction: I have a "SharpStone", not a sweetstone.

19. Have the XXL sharpstone in black. 40$ on Instagram and works amazing collects so much Kief. Grinds through big nugs like they're nothing

20. i got my cali crusher and a acrylic grinder for $6.. the acrylic grinder lasted me longer then any other grinder with a keif catcher. normally the keif ctacher fallsout but its been like 3 years.