Flushing vs. Overwatering in Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Vaporist, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Lmfao you are stupid. That's the last time I try to help the mentally ill hahahaha. Your broke ass can't even afford decent nutrients and you're too damn stupid to go organic, I can't imagine how harsh and how nasty your plants are. You should just give up before you spend all your bus money

2. I'm beginning to feel that my efforts are being wasted on this one as well.  :hide:

3. #23 Vaporist, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013

It's people like you that dilute the good information that is here by posting ridiculous nonsense that will kill plants if followed.

Exactly what I have been trying to say. All of the encouragement on these forums to "flush, flush, flush" is a great way to drown your plants. The purpose of this thread was to dispute that incorrect instruction. Overwatering is the leading cause of plant death in indoor soil grows.

What I don't get is why some of the people here are so immature that they stoop to namecalling and derogatory criticisms when their flawed advice is not received. That only proves that they are very insecure in themselves.

5. As some said flushing is pouring a lot of water through which is different than watering to runoff or last week or 2 flush..flushing is used for salt buildup causing nute lockout and some people use a flushing agent to flush 3 days before harvest instead of the week or two of just water....water to runoff is allowing 10-20% runoff each time you water so you wont get salt buildup and have to flush..or you can use drip clean which keeps salt buildup away allowing you to water with little runoff

Over watering is keeping the soil too wet when the roots arent big enough to drink it..so the person keeps watering and the roots get root rot from not enough oxygen..coco holds oxygen better than soil thats why its harder to over water..So just picture how big your roots are and if they havent fully established the pot dont water it as frequent

6. as for you plants dying how small were they and how big was the pot? ive never killed a plant from over watering even transplants..you can pour as much water on any size plant you want the soil can only hold so much and the rest will drip out..over watering is caused by how often you water now how much..a seedling in a 5 gallon bucket and 4 gallons of water poured on it will be fine as long as you dont water it again for a week or two when the soil drys out..bigger plants dry out faster because the bigger roots drink more water

7. I think you and another said it best. I am also a noob but everything I have read about flushing (although one knucklehead said every ten days...noty buyin that) is to remove excess nutes that are causing a problem or a couple of weeks before harvest so your bud wont taste like chemicals....just my 2 cents